Doom Artifacts trade in - thoughts

Name says it all
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Doom Artifacts trade in - thoughts

Post by Muolke »

I keep thinking about how when you receive artifacts in Tokuno you can trade in the minor artifacts for major artifacts.

What about a similar process for Doom artifacts?

Let's say you could have a stone (or NPC) that allowed you to trade in certain items and receive others as a reward.

For example:

Turn in any 10 Doom artifacts and you have a 5% chance of receive a BC, 5% chance of receiving a Jackals Collar, a 10% chance of receiving a SoT, or an 80% chance of receiving 100,000 gold.

Turn in 2 SoT + 1 JC and receive a BC.

Turn in 10 Bone Crushers + 10,000 of every type of ingot (iron, gold, blaze, platinum etc) and receive a Titan Hammer.

Turn in 3 Titan Hammers + 1 of every other Doom artifact and receive an Ancient Titan Hammer.

If you do the math, the prices you'd end up paying for the Titan Hammer (& Ancient TH) are substantially above the market value of those items but it would nonetheless give players an avenue to obtain those items and would motivate players to work towards a goal.

This would also help the economy substantially by increasing the prices of all doom artifacts, increase the price of golden skulls + demon bones (skulls are selling under 30k), increase the price of ingots slightly, and most likely increase the amount of "play" mid-tier and veteran players do.

The numbers I posted aren't a "set" number. Just throwing out ideas.

Any thoughts from the community?
Grundick
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Doom Artifacts trade in - thoughts

Post by Grundick »

I like this idea about combining some low level items into something higher level.
UOEX in it's current state is interesting for newbies and average level players. But many strong players have no motivation for playing, so they either pasture in TC or leave shard out :| (Yes, i have some friends who went out because of absence of goal)
10 BCs for 1 TH - is good idea, it raises the economy, many players would do gauntlent. Not only average level players, but top playes(Bone Crushers Elite :)) too. This idea is the potential goal for many power players. It's driver, and i hope Colibri will hear it!

PS: Sorry for my poor English. Чукча не писатель, чукча читатель :)
Last edited by Grundick on Wed May 06, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acheron
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Acheron »

great idea
Pathmosis
Passer by

Post by Pathmosis »

This is a great suggestion/framework. I support the general idea of submitting minor artys for majors similiar to tokuno. Good Idea!
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

Muolke wrote:This would also help [...] increase the price of golden skulls + demon bones (skulls are selling under 30k)
Still sitting on that mountain of bones you bought for 25gp each? :lool:
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Animol wrote:
Muolke wrote:This would also help [...] increase the price of golden skulls + demon bones (skulls are selling under 30k)
Still sitting on that mountain of bones you bought for 25gp each? :lool:
I have about 1/4 of them left. Why?
lilbear68
Master Scribe

Post by lilbear68 »

the thought had been advanced to enable players to trade lower grade runic tools to upper grade runic tools too i/e 50 blaze tailor kits for 1 ethereal kit or 10 daemonic kits for 1 ethereal kit but nothing ever came of that either it would be nice to see it happen tho
si vis pacem parabellum
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

lilbear68 wrote:the thought had been advanced to enable players to trade lower grade runic tools to upper grade runic tools too i/e 50 blaze tailor kits for 1 ethereal kit or 10 daemonic kits for 1 ethereal kit but nothing ever came of that either it would be nice to see it happen tho
I'm not much of a coder/programmer but setting up such a system can't be terribly difficult can it?

What kind of impact would this have on the economy? I think it would cause some inflation which is good considering a majority of items have seen a ton of deflation especially over the past year or so.
AslanBager
Expert Scribe

Post by AslanBager »

Congrats Dude,

Your ideas are very nice, there is no extra work in the game for many years and in order to keep people, something needs to be done to revive the market.

I agree you; 'Turn in 10 Bone Crushers + 10,000 of every type of ingot (iron, gold, blaze, platinum etc) and receive a Titan Hammer. '
Very good idea :)