weapon build advice?

Name says it all
Wil
Legendary Scribe

weapon build advice?

Post by Wil »

Howdy,

I plan to put level deeds on this weapon and improve it. I'm looking for advice, particularly from folks who've built up weapons before. What attributes would you put on this weapon, and why?

weapon.gif
weapon.gif (20.9 KiB) Viewed 9897 times

With 10 deeds I'll have 545 points, right?

I can up the 58%s to 60% (28 points)
I can add Hit Harm and Hit Magic Arrow (240 points each for 60)
I can add Hit Lower Defense (180 points for 60)
I can add Hit Stamina Leech (180 points for 60)
I can add 20 SDI (40 points)
I can add 8 STR (32 points)
I can add 8 HP (24 points)

Should I consider any other attributes? I can't add them all, so which would you choose?

Thanks,
Wil
Last edited by Wil on Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Re: weapon build advice?

Post by Cerrera »

Looks fishy, i will be quiet. :P
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

You have in your hands your end game yumi.

Type change to Yumi. 10x level deeds. Take Harm and MA to 58. SDI to 20. Any points left over onto Strength. Then, obviously, add the use best weapon skill, spell chann, SR5, relayer 1 handed, bless deeds. Lastly rename it something cool.

Reasoning: This is objectively the best way to spend the points to maximise your damage output. That's what an end game weapon is for.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I would not spend points on Hit Stam Leach, as with protection up and the fitting addition to your fight macro, Devine Fury completely replaces Stam Leach except in the rare event places that may not allow chiv spells. Not sure what I would replace it with... I don't think I'll ever be able to afford something this nice. It's a nice piece.

508 points to have all four spells at 60. is what I would do.

and then I would buy 19 points of SDI and be annoyed forever its a odd number....

the HP and STR is nice too but, Id prefer the Spells and the SDI... Just me though... some ppl like to leave the spells at 58% which lets you get some of the STR and all 20 SDI
Last edited by Nick on Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Don’t forget to add at least 20% Hit Dispel as it’s really useful.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Do magic arrow and harm hit as hard as lightning and fireball? I thought they didn't? What about leaving those two at 50% and using the points elsewhere?
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:24 pm
add the use best weapon skill,
Curious, why add use best weapon skill?
TDC Guild
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Durocius »

Melkor wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:37 am
Johnny Warren wrote:
I also wondered about that. I thought UBWS didn’t apply to archery weapons.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Durocius wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:45 am
Melkor wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:37 am
Johnny Warren wrote:
I also wondered about that. I thought UBWS didn’t apply to archery weapons.
You add Use Best Weapon Skill for 2 reasons.

The first is that it adds something else to your weapon and makes it look a bit cooler. The second is that if you ever fight in angel form then it will use your Mace skill and therefore do more damage.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

Wil wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:50 pm
Do magic arrow and harm hit as hard as lightning and fireball? I thought they didn't? What about leaving those two at 50% and using the points elsewhere?
Magic Arrow is by far the weakest dmg-wise. Harm does DMG based on the distance to the target so, if you are toe to toe, it can be comparable to a fireball but, gets quite weak if you are 8 tiles away kitting with your bow. I personally like the max spell bomb and that is what I would do. but, in the end they are barely noticeable differences, you will probably still kill everything in 4-5 swings regardless of 50 verse 60 % on two spells. Do what makes your heart happy.

I'm walking around felc in a leather skirt killing orcs and dying to umms... because Im having fun there.
Matrix
Legendary Scribe

Post by Matrix »

if you are think to use one weapon to the endgame

sr5 50di and blessed already,
Spell Channeling Deed, its really useful (deed in trinsic)
Use Best Weapon Skill Deed (deed in trinsic),
**Turn to dreadnought or elven bow for bonus dmg
**Turn to one hand
etc etc

3hit scenario - with x to y deed for change life leech to magic arrow later
58% harm
58% hit lower defense
spell damage increase 20%
8 str
8 hp
save remained sp for future or maybe +2% to all your choice
*never seen before but if its work maybe reflect physical damage (rpd on weapon not tested)*

4hit scenario - no str hp sdi rpd
50% harm
50% magic arrow
48% hit lower defense or no hld and raise all to 60% and str your choice

note: dont think its just 545 point, you can buy and add 20point deed in auction,
note: in my opinion, harm is more effective than magic arrow but both doing low dmg
note: hit stamina totally waste if you can cast divine fury

good luck :dance
Please reply to me:
in-game: [pm Matrix
discord id: Matrixre
(Only checking the forums monthly)
(All prices can be change, ED to Gold to ED)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

What I understand so far:

Harm is strong at melee range. Weaker at bow range.

Magic Arrow is weak but damage is damage and the point of the weapon attributes is to maximize damage per second.

Hit lower defense is a maybe.

After primary attributes SDI with any leftover points first, then STR, then HP.

Don't waste points on hit stamina leech; it won't be useful enough when divine fury replenishes stamina in most battles.

Already added Spell Channeling deed from the ED room so I can cast magery spells without unequiping the weapon. Adding use best weapon skill from the ED room deed would give me a boost in angelic form.

Is that about right? Anyone disagree?

I heard a couple recommendations for converting the weapon to a bow. Any for leaving it as a hammer? With weapon type change, what happens to the weapon specials? Do they change to the target weapon or can I keep existing specials? Which bow?

yumi: 18-20 damage, speed 25, range 10, armor pierce, double shot

elven composite longbow: 19-22 damage, speed 27, range 10, force arrow, serpent arrow
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

A relatively large amount of suspect advice came in after I told you the optimum way of doing things.

Muolke is correct about the 2 reasons you add UBWS.

Yes MA and Harm are the weakest, but they both do more damage than the non-spells. Thus, are optimum.

Adding strength is not for the HP it is used in the base damage calculation. Higher str = more dmg. Remember, the golden rule when spending points on an endgame weapon. "Does it add damage? If answer is no, then you don't add it."

On warhammer vs bow: Does warhammer have double shot? No. So it can't stay as a warhammer. Double shot is the most powerful non-whirlwind ability in the game. This will be a single target weapon (don't add AoE to it) therefore it needs double shot. The cheapest way to get double shot is type change to yumi. If you one day get a change wep specials deed you change it to the elven comp bow (to get that higher base damage) and then use the change wep specials deed to add double shot back to it. Remember that double shot is NOT the same as double strike, don't think you can cheat and pick a double axe here.

You could technically do something crazy like take FB and L to 60 and leave the others at 56, which might actually mean it has higher DPS, but that would look silly and you would be ostracised and run out of town for your weird looking weapon. :dance

EDIT: Didn't see the question regarding weapon specials. Yes, they will be what the specials are on the new weapon. So when you change it to yumi you get double shot. That's why the change weapon specials deed is so powerful (and expensive) because you can have whatever base weapon you want (for aesthetics or base dmg) and then change its specials to double shot and XXX. Do not change it to an elven comp bow until you have the change wep specials deed in your palm. Elven comp bow specials don't work, your weapon will be useless until you get the change specials deed. The ancient warhammer is meant to be turned into a yumi.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Think hld could be ok if you would use it in lets say just in S'gail, or in some other specific spots, where mobs has ginormous defence chance, but it will cost precious points and i guess you want to use it everywhere.
Yeah considering that relayered guys doesn't often run around to avoid hit, than harm would do max at most times.
CaptainSmollett
Passer by

Post by CaptainSmollett »

I would leave the hammer and not do yumi :!: , I would add hit area 58% (of your choice), hit harm 58%, sdi 20% and str 8.
After all, you will have 9 points that you can add to hp +3.
I'm happy for you, also dream of such a weapon, but accumulating 160 million is a problem for me.