bugged spawn locations

Name says it all
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

bugged spawn locations

Post by Geriatric »

there's a few bugged spawn locations such as this one, virtually impossible to target this particular dragon
is it possible for +C to make sure a monster doesnt spawn in there , and there are other bugged locations such as this one
i could start working on a list of such locations if need be
Attachments
image_2024-01-14_190830430.png
image_2024-01-14_190830430.png (465.89 KiB) Viewed 785 times
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: bugged spawn locations

Post by Dirtybook »

I have noticed that the way the spawns have been programed here on EX, is to promote people not sitting in 1 place (And to slow down warp farming as well). Only way that location can be fixed, is to be "Filled" in by an impassable obstruction.

However unfortunate that happens to be, I personally carry a Druid Spellbook. This way I can "Unstick" this unfortunate mess. I use this method in Doom a lot. Over a dozen monsters will get stuck in the lamp room from warp farmers being constantly in the area, forcing the spawns to try to appear further away.

Hope this helps.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Fun fact, once i saw ancient dragon in Destard lvl 1 cause (only logical explanation) he spawned in void and unstucked in lvl1. So looks like there is something that makes them unstuck. but i guess that something being triggered by what Dirtybook said. Think there could even be better to make certain topic with exact coordinates, or at least nearby with such and also parralel list's of other map problems like impassable tiles. That would allow people to compare their found issue with list before paging, resulting with less messages to go through, and more time for other stuff.
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

Yeah, those can happen a lot with how spawning works. I assume they're set up with XMLSpawners or potentially the base (even simpler) default RunUO spawners. You can set the mob type, how many you want, the range they'll spawn in, where the home is, how far they'll wander, etc. There's no real intelligence on testing if the mob is reachable though and there tends to be a lot of odd cases like that since the base mul files are chock full of holes and oddities.

When I see spawn problems like that, I usually will open a ticket to report a bug, then use the Add Location feature to target the mob and Colibri fixes them when he gets a chance. They'd be a massive pain for him to find without reports since it's a lot of running around manually checking stuff - plus you could check the whole shard and see no spawn problems, but that's because there's one spot in like a 50x50 spawn area that's potentially bad, so you have a 1 in 2500 chance of it getting stuck when it spawns. :)
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Eremite wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:28 pm
They'd be a massive pain for him to find without reports since it's a lot of running around manually checking stuff
Umm, i meant such list would make one report for every spot, not 50 from many players for one particular.
Just my unprofessional thoughts (didn't played with any spawners) guessing at many spots it could be solved with more spawners with tiny spawning, and wider wandering area's to avoid any chance they could appear in place where they are stuck.