new player introduction

Name says it all
Pathris
Passer by

new player introduction

Post by Pathris »

Hello all, my name is Pathris, most call me Path for short. I wanted to introduce myself and hopes of getting myself out there and into the social aspect of UO and get to know the nice people of Excelsior since I've decided this is where I'll be spending a big portion of my free time.

A little about myself, I entered the MMO world about 15 years ago with a MUD called Achaea. I played Achaea for about 10 years and moved on to World of Warcraft. I played WoW for probably two years before I just got bored with it. It has no depth and I needed a MMO with depth, not just mindless grinding. I jumped around a lot at this point; Guild Wars, Warhammer Online, Everquest, Lord of the Rings Online and recently Rift. All of these games just felt like cheap knockoffs of WoW. That's just my opinion, though, don't bash me if you feel differently.

So I sought out something different. I dabbled with EVE Online for a few months until I just came to the conclusion it wasn't me. Science Fiction just isn't my thing. So back to searching.

I stumble upon Ultima Online randomly and I read several things stating UO is a MUD with graphics. Wow! A dream come true!

So anyway, I landed here in Excelsior, a true "noob" to UO. I know very, very little about UO in general aside from the sheer volume of UO wikis and forums.

I'm hoping someone here can throw me a bone, point me in the right direction for a rewarding MMO experience.

What about guilds? I'm big on RP and would be interested in a RP guild.

Also, sell me on Excelsior. What sets Excelsior apart from the paid servers?

Sorry I'm a little long winded and I hope to get to know and become friends with those in Excelsior.
RedMiST
Expert Scribe

Re: new player introduction

Post by RedMiST »

Hello and welcome to excelsior!! If you need any help pm me in game type [pm RedMiST

Excelsior is probally the best shard around, so enjoy it while it last's. Anyway Welcome to the AMAZING world of UO!
Larsa
Legendary Scribe

Post by Larsa »

RedMiST wrote: Excelsior is probally the best shard around, so enjoy it while it last's.
Errr... this has something to do with 2012 and the end of the world?? I think this shard will last for a loonnngg time :woot:
Now offering free tours to Sgail and Umbris camp, bring your own weapons as safety is not guaranteed.
RedMiST
Expert Scribe

Post by RedMiST »

I just mean UO is becoming less poplar by the minute.

Post by Ville »

RedMiST wrote:I just mean UO is becoming less poplar by the minute.
I dont see that as true, over the last few years ive been back playing ive only seen shards ive played on grow, along with more and more shards poping up when i vote for excelsior daily, and i think there will always be a very large base of players on UO. There is just something that UO has thats keeps old and new players alike coming back for more.
Starion
Master Scribe

Post by Starion »

I agree with Ville, I left UO for awhile then came back to it and love it once again, I doubt half the other MMO's out there lasting half as long as UO, and the other half lasting half as long as the first half hehehehe
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

oh yeah forgot. Welcome Path hope you enjoy it here :)
Rossi
Elder Scribe

Post by Rossi »

Aye seems a few need to goto a different Board :lookingout: Welcome Path Hope you enjoy our lil world
Commander And Chief Of BRO (ENGLISH) and Mayor Of The BRO City Aurei Urbem

Here for all your bio Engineering Needs Pm Rossi In Game for Sales and Questions
RedMiST
Expert Scribe

Post by RedMiST »

you say that about new shards and stuff, but when i look, they have are 30 player based shards, what should happen is ALL other free shards close and everyone come to excelsior ;)

300 people on average is counted as an AMAZING shard ( Proof is that we are top of 100 list ), so 300 players on a MMORPG is a low number. Although i do love UO and if people heard about it im sure they would love it also