APPROVED: 2nd Hand

Efanchenko_MM
Legendary Scribe

APPROVED: 2nd Hand

Post by Efanchenko_MM »

I was thinking what about if say Armors, weapons shields etc.... what if they displayed how many owners it's had.

Say I get given a sword when I'm new by another player, Then I use it, it will display "Previous Owners : 1" or List there names something along them lines.

And maybe depending on the amount off owners it's had, like if it's had 10 owners or something it's worth more than one with just one owner, Because it has been passed around and taken care off like an antique....

I duno was just an idea....
EFANCHENKO MM
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: 2nd Hand

Post by +Colibri »

Hmm I like the idea... well levelable weapons are kinda made with some personality... if you get one you probably wont forget the story behind it. Just the number of owners... hmm. I guess it could remember the number of people that equipped it... Well i'll see.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Efanchenko_MM
Legendary Scribe

Re: 2nd Hand

Post by Efanchenko_MM »

Haha was just a random thought that came into my head..... No idea where it came from though.

Maybe do it so the player has to kill at least 2 things or something for it to register that player on the the piece.

*shrugs* just an idea Haha.
EFANCHENKO MM
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: APPROVED: 2nd Hand

Post by +Colibri »

Approved. Since it requires a snippet of code in the BaseWeapon script, I invite anyone who knows how to do it, to write that snippet and post it here.

I suggest that you use the OnHit method, and once the new owner has used (swinged) the weapon for let's say 100 times, it marks his name. The names would be accessible via a Gump.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)