Starting Guide For New Players On Excelsior :)

This forum is a place for all the guilds of Excelsior to post their news and to have a discussion.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: Starting Guide For New Players On Excelsior :)

Post by Johnny Warren »

I'm not trying to put down absolutely everything you do.... I've barely posted in any of your threads. Convincing a new player to use a skill ball on vet is just a terrible idea. The rest of the concept is fine. Pets is definitely the easiest way to start making bank here. I personally wouldn't advise them to chase champs as there isn't much gold in doing that. But getting a set of Max bunnies, or even cheap imps, and crushing dungeons will get you off to a flying start. Just do yourself a favour and save that skill ball for something that's actually hard to raise
JOHNNY WARREN!
Lach
Elder Scribe

Post by Lach »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:41 pm
I'm not trying to put down absolutely everything you do.... I've barely posted in any of your threads. Convincing a new player to use a skill ball on vet is just a terrible idea. The rest of the concept is fine. Pets is definitely the easiest way to start making bank here. I personally wouldn't advise them to chase champs as there isn't much gold in doing that. But getting a set of Max bunnies, or even cheap imps, and crushing dungeons will get you off to a flying start. Just do yourself a favor and save that skill ball for something that's actually hard to raise
But see why couldn't you just message me and be like yo that's a bad idea maybe they should do this instead and I could then edit the post. seems much easier that way,.....
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

I like to be credited as someone who knows this server back to front and always offers good advice that is worth following. So I like for my statements about the best way for someone to play/proceed here to be public. As I have said, I've bitten my tongue a lot on the forums recently (especially in threads you've started or are participating in) but I can't be silent when I see advice that hurts our most vulnerable players. I will PM next time I see such an error and see how you handle it.

As an FYI I hope you're encouraging the new players in NEX to read the wiki. It may be old and some sections out of date, but 90% of the things that new players ask are answered there.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Ask people for access to house trainers which you can use for several skill training and pet training too :)
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Omeni
Master Scribe

Post by Omeni »

Starting guide that doesn't mention Mistvale or the Wiki once :lool:
Lach
Elder Scribe

Post by Lach »

this is something for when they just start if you think you can make one better stop talking about it and be about it. :lool:
slimans
Novice Scribe

Post by slimans »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:47 pm
I like to be credited as someone who knows this server back to front and always offers good advice that is worth following. So I like for my statements about the best way for someone to play/proceed here to be public. As I have said, I've bitten my tongue a lot on the forums recently (especially in threads you've started or are participating in) but I can't be silent when I see advice that hurts our most vulnerable players. I will PM next time I see such an error and see how you handle it.

As an FYI I hope you're encouraging the new players in NEX to read the wiki. It may be old and some sections out of date, but 90% of the things that new players ask are answered there.
Yes, the new player wiki is pushed as a tool on our discord. It has too much good information to ever be ignored. Ive been on the server for 30 days, i use this wiki every day lol
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

That's good Sliman's. That's the best advice to give a new player. READ THE WIKI. Make sure they don't skip Mistvale either.
JOHNNY WARREN!
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

Perhaps not a canonical source and not 100% accurate for our server ...
but I use https://uo.stratics.com/hunters/
to check what are the strong and weak sides of the monster.
then I open my armory chest and pickup proper weapon :-)

It gives also estimate how long will take me to kill it (shows HP range).

I also use this site to match (eye hand) treasure map to the location number.
and the UOAutoMap shows me the location.
https://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparc ... ive1.shtml
but it is waste of time for new players. Instead GO TO Mistvale.