Elysium Multi-System Beta Sign-Up

+Nyx
Administrator

Elysium Multi-System Beta Sign-Up

Post by +Nyx »

Within the next couple weeks we should be ready to begin closed beta testing for the following systems:

- Cooking
- Plant bods
- Hybrid plants
- Crops

This will be an in-depth beta that will require a lot of data gathering. If you would like to participate, please be sure that you can meet the requirements.

How it will work:
- Testers will be given access to the test server, where they will make an account matching their existing live-shard account.
- The test-center characters will be moved to the beta-testing area.
- There will be spawners and NPCs centrally located that provide plants, storage chests, BODs, seeds, and so on.
- Testers will then do as much testing as they can each day. This is to include crops, plants, BODs and cooking. All beta testers will be required to test every aspect included in this beta. You can't sign up and then only do a few BODs and play around with the rewards, for example.
- Testers will log data as they go - We will provide the spreadsheet, the tester will just need to fill it in accurately and steadily. There will be a spot for the tester to provide notes/thoughts/feedback.
- Testers will be encouraged to also test the rewards received. Testers will need to document any usage of the reward items in a similar fashion to the logging for everything else.
- Even after a beta tester has completed every possible type of sbod, crop, etc - they are welcome and encouraged to continue testing until the beta is concluded.
- Testers will be required to sign a sort of honor-system-based-non-disclosure-agreement. This is a big, exciting update and I don't want it ruined for the non-testing players.
- Any tester who does a particularly excellent job will be added to the pool of pre-approved testers for future betas. See below under "Participant performance info" for more info on this topic.

Requirements:
- Account in good standing (no infractions resulting in punishment beyond a warning in the last year, no harassment/drama/disrespectfulness infractions in the last year)
- Account age over 6 months
- Acceptable activity level - Ideally this would mean you could dedicate an hour or more per day to the beta, but we understand that's not always feasible so we will instead request that players test as much as possible, with a minimum of 6 total hours per week. We aren't going to be timing your activity, but if your documentation sheet isn't showing much activity (or is showing that you are only testing one type of thing instead of all of them) then you may be removed from the beta.
- Trustworthiness, maturity, and thoroughness. I will check into your activities before approving you, if you're one of those negative nancy types or someone who stirs up drama, gossips or tells tall tales, you will not be accepted. You must be someone who will not spill the beans regarding these updates, or send screenshots/documentation to others. You must also be able to document accurately and completely.
- Ability to access Google Sheets. This may allow your fellow beta-testers to see your email/display name. You are welcome to create an email address to use for this, if you feel the need. Please do not include your e-mail in your application below. If accepted, I will contact you privately to obtain that information.
- Willingness to have Elysium not be "new" to you. Testing things will ruin lots of surprises for you, so if you'd rather enjoy Elysium as a fresh experience when it opens then this isn't for you!
- Genuine desire to help develop the facet, rather than interest in bragging rights or of being rewarded.

Participant Performance Info:
I keep data on each person admitted to any beta and their performance is scored based on their activity level, how well they complied with instructions, their discretion and behavior, as well as the quality of their input and data tracking. Players with a low score are less likely to be approved for future betas. Players with exceptional scores are added to the Elysium Beta Tester forum group which grants a special title & name hue, and pre-approves them for all future Elysium betas. Once the title is granted, the player must maintain their level of excellence for any beta they sign up for, or the title will be revoked and must be earned anew. These players are not required to participate in every beta, but if they do sign up for one they must maintain the level of excellence in order to retain the title. Beta testers who achieve & maintain this rank and who continue to participate in numerous betas as we go along will be granted some special perks at opening and also receive a special thank-you after the facet opens.

Apply here, lemme know your character name if it's not the same or not in your signature. If you want to make a case for yourself, that's fine but keep it minimal :)

If you're approved I will be in touch with you when we are ready to begin testing.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Elysium Multi-System Beta Sign-Up

Post by +Nyx »

Pre-Approvals:
(Based on past beta performance)
- Ebony
- Golden Temptress
- Isaac Newton
- Culichi
- Baxster

If you are a pre-approved player and wish to participate in the beta, please still sign up (you can reply to the thread or contact me in-game to do so). If you do not sign up before the beta starts, I won't include you in this one.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

will there be a participation reward :nod:

oops forgot to say yes sign me up please
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

I'd like to help !

Drakis is the char name

Have a good one !!
In-game name: Drakis.
Nevets
Passer by

Post by Nevets »

Good afternoon,
I would like to try if you will have me.
Nevets
svengermin
Master Scribe

Post by svengermin »

id like to sign up as well :)
Red Rooster
Athena Tenebris
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Athena Tenebris »

I would like to help with this so please count this as my application.

Just a heads up and I understand if this would not allow me to participate in this beta; I am not available from the 24th to the 30th of this month. That would seem to be approximate time-line when you are ready to start. After the 30th I could dedicate the time though.

Thank you,
Athena Tenebris
LittleCali
Passer by

Post by LittleCali »

I would like to sign up for beta testing. Currently unemployed so time is not an issue. lol.
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

I'm available as well
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

I would like to sign up please. I am on much more now that i dont feel like death heh.
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

Count this as a sign up post -Tesla Electra
IdMtnGal
Novice Scribe

Post by IdMtnGal »

I would love to sign up.
In game: Kari Olrun (formerly known as Adeleide)
I used to be an adventurer like you....
djpaulus
Elder Scribe

Post by djpaulus »

DJPaulus
4+ Years experience
3-4 hours per day online
No infractions
Helpful player
BETA Tested before so I know how to provide feedback.
Semtex
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Semtex »

Hello all ... if u need help ... i sign up.

Greetings to all
Semtex
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

Hi.

Shard-Weasel reporting for duty. Happy to do some testing and can commit to the time requirements etc.

Just let me know if, when, and where I'm needed :)
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel