Upcoming Food Revamp

+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Upcoming Food Revamp

Post by +Nyx »

More and longer satiation foods will be widely available in Elysium cooking, which is why we didn't make any available yet.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

+Nyx wrote:More and longer satiation foods will be widely available in Elysium cooking, which is why we didn't make any available yet.

Awesome! Sounds exciting!!!
TDC Guild
Albini Steve
Expert Scribe

Post by Albini Steve »

i don't use any third party software like razor, but am tempted now, just to make feeding myself go away - what kind of buffs are still necessary when there's no skill cap and stats are all in the 100's? this shard teems with convenience based features (exex, hboh, resource keys, relayers are a thing, most skills are effortlessly gm'ed in a matter of hours instead of months, etc) so hopefully there will be an easy way to navigate around this system as well (ideally without having to add other programs and the like) the same way as fishing changes, for example, don't matter to someone who never fishes...
Last edited by Albini Steve on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

I use Steam, and have Razor as well, and have never bothered making a script for eating. I always have a pile of 1000+ fish steaks in my HBOH, and in between everything I do, I double click the pile a bunch of times until my character is stuffed, then keep going. Once you start doing it often, it becomes routine. Now I accidentally eat too often lol. It really doesn't hurt anything, and being full already had benefits before this system was implemented, so with or without the system, it's worth eating routinely.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

DonShinchan wrote:I find this strange, how can starvation can make us lose all buffs that our gear provides that isn't close to magic properties of the player itself.

Think what would make sense to shut down from the player would be related only to the player and his/her skills, because it's something that he has and has nothing to do with gear...
The quest for reality has brought nothing but nonsense:

-don't eat and you don't die
-lose equipment buffs but will food amplify them?
-never get stuffed
-macroing eating? :lool:
-food digestion timers? like macdonals food? :lool:

Please insert +5 starvation regen upgrade ball to donation room and end this non-sense... I'm in for buying that honestly...
Either that or make food weightless so we can carry 5k fish steaks...
Make this system for who want's it and don't force it onto others...

It's not like the game play has become more enjoyable by this so it's a pointless addiction so far... even if cooking has improved not all players like it so you guys are failing to see the effect on the community because you are all looking at the buffing not the debuffing ...

Note: new addition to server following this idealism should be : flu (85% stat decrease - take flu potions + 50 str) , global warming (cold - 50% stamina loss - cold damage constantly during winter 5hp/min) ...
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

fish stakes are weightless... i grabbed 60k the other week (tossed them in my HBOH) and haven't worried about it once.

Thanks +crew for working on stuff for us...even if some of us are grumpy about it sometimes... eating seems like a welcome addition to the game... the only thing I would change is I should be the only person able to make any food and you all will have to buy it from me at 1 ed a fish steak! lol
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Nick wrote:fish stakes are weightless... i grabbed 60k the other week (tossed them in my HBOH) and haven't worried about it once.

Thanks +crew for working on stuff for us...even if some of us are grumpy about it sometimes... eating seems like a welcome addition to the game... the only thing I would change is I should be the only person able to make any food and you all will have to buy it from me at 1 ed a fish steak! lol
Fish steaks are not weightless. This is wrong information.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

For all of you who enjoy the new forced-feeding... Would you mind explaining to a poor bewildered soul what it is you find fun about it?
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

OMG. WIL, WIL, you just absolutely have to try the new eating. It is SO MUCH FUN! You get a bonus for overeating of 56%. Also, you can OVEREAT. Just like in real life. Imagine it Wil. Oh the fun times you are missing by not understanding how much joy this brings to us. And the edge of your seat expectation while waiting for the new recipes. My knuckles hurt from gripping my mouse and keyboard in anticipation. I guess you just have to believe. It's like the spirit of Christmas. Don't give up on the magic Wil. Find it in your heart. Look deep inside. I just know it is there. :lool: :lool:

Thank you to the +'s for all the hard work to keep the heathers among us entertained.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Nick wrote:fish stakes are weightless... i grabbed 60k the other week (tossed them in my HBOH) and haven't worried about it once.

You have a HBOH which cost you 600 eds to carry food and make it weightless thats how you have fun?

new addiction? food has been in the ultima saga since 1981 ... its nothing new.
you could eat before this you know ? you could get buffs from it before...

Electronic arts removed starvation many years ago because it sucked and we "future" brought it back ...that why there is this "grudge"
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

well, i was clearly poking fun... and the new food system is nice because it is a semi-major change that shows the game is still evolving... I never eat or used positions because the reward just wasn't worth the trouble...now that will change...and yes an HBOH does make the game a lot more fun... should be one of everyone's first ed purchases :p
memowolf
Journeyman Scribe

Post by memowolf »

I for one appreciate all changes. The staff is working hard to bring us a different experience. I for one, have practiced cooking and help stock some free food locations to help others.

I understand that hunger affecting regenerations has made some mad but consider it another aspect of the game that adds challenge and flavor to it.

If anyone needs it, I can give you several dozens lembas breads ingame. Just PM Tlaloc and I´ll help you. Unlike the books, 1 wont feed you but 5 will. If you ask nicely you might even get some ribs or fish steaks to go with the bread.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

It's pretty much the worst change I've seen, period.

Made me ruin a good levelable weapon. Returned after a few years hiatus and determined I needed much more mana leech on my wep as my mana seemed to always run out (I did not recall it running out so fast previously) so added a bunch of hit mana leech. Then someone told me it was because I wasn't eating 12 fish steaks every hour. Added 30% HML and now that my regens work those are ill spent points.

Aside from my own stupidity regarding the weapon the changes are still not fun. It has not really added anything, but rather, just created an obnoxious cycle of events you must to just to continue playing the game. At least make it so someone with 120 cooking can make an item that keeps you full for a week, or year, or 3 so that we don't have to all run macros to double click fish steaks periodically.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

I personally do not see a big deal with it. I have my [buffs gump up and check now and then. Whenever my hunger level gets around 100% I just create more food. From my perspective, which is usually different from most players, it's another step to get us back to 'playing' instead of macroing everything and have us going through the game on automatic. I am also not seeing why anybody has to run around with a ton of food on them. The Create Food spell is easy with low mana cost. Cast, cast, cast and you pretty much full for another hour. I can see why QBF may be a bit gumpy, but anybody else I am not seeing it.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

The food revamp is only half complete. +Nyx mentioned earlier in this thread that when Elysium comes out there will be food that keeps you satiated longer. I believe cooking will become a relevant skill with the buffs that some of the new food will give. At first I thought I'd want a macro for auto eatting, but I just keep like 5k fish steaks in my HBOH and eat a few every so often.

Sorry to hear about your weapon though. When I recently came back from a long break I thought something was wrong and paged thinking there was a bug.
TDC Guild