Destash Raffle Update

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Destash Raffle Update

Post by +Nyx »

This weekend I will perform the drawing and send out the rewards for the current iteration of the destash raffle, at which point it will close indefinitely.

This year I have promised myself that I will eliminate as many aspects of my staffing experience that are useless, irritating, or which diminish my desire to log on and staff as possible. It's difficult for me to want to work on all of my fun projects when every time I log on there's so much that is annoying or infuriating demanding my attention. Over time, it's contributed a lot to my not getting as much done as I've wanted to, and I'm going to change that. I've been working toward that goal and so far have had great success - my first steps with that decision led to my feeling inspired and spending enough time to completely overhaul 4 of the seasonal quests before March even began. I want to finish getting the rest of the seasonal quests updated, adding in the last few quests that I've been wanting to add for years now, and then begin working on Elysium in earnest. If (big 'if', since RL does like to get in the way unexpectedly) all goes according to plan, I expect to be able to do a closed beta on at least part of Elysium by the end of summer.

I have long felt that the destash raffle no longer serves its intended purpose, and it has long been a source of frustration and irritation for me. I don't enjoy running or managing it, and it's not doing what it's meant to do, so it's time to close it. I may eventually reopen the raffle, but it would be run very differently and I don't plan to run it again this year.

Since this is going to be the last raffle for quite awhile, if ever, I'll make the reward extra special :)

<3
- +N
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Re: Destash Raffle Update

Post by Pariah »

Understand the decision here in terms of priorities. I did like the destash raffle and participated semi-regularly. I would not presume to understand what it takes to run it, but it would be great if it could be more automated or worked into an existing system (exex, trinsic raffle, etc.) thereby simplifying your life and giving a better purpose to looting. However, I totally get that in terms of overall priorities, this could be pretty low on the totem pole. I don't know if it actually had any effect on decluttering, but it did make collecting some of the items that I would have otherwise trashed more bearable.
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Re: Destash Raffle Update

Post by Octavius Thorn »

bummer! I was enjoying this, my first and my last. Made good use of a lot of loot. Totally understandable though