Pariah's PHX & Coronado Getaway

Grab a cup of coffe and attend to the more simple things in life.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Pariah's PHX & Coronado Getaway

Post by Pariah »

This year we took the whole fam back to our hometown, Phoenix, for a week. This preceded a week on Coronado Island where we rented a beach house.

Some Highlights:

We toured the USS Midway, which is now a museum in San Diego. This picture is from the flight deck. Fun fact, the planes are launched off the flight deck going from 0-250 mph in under 3 seconds.

We also went to Legoland, which has a ton of Star Wars scenescapes. My oldest loves Star Wars.

I was also able to sneak away to Lucha Libre Taco shop (seen on Man v. Food). I had a the Surfin' California burrito (sorry Eos)...

The Beach House

Randomness

I have a ton more, but this will have to suffice for now.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Pariah's PHX & Coronado Getaway

Post by +Nyx »

Looks like a really fun vacation! Great photos, the beach house looked awesome.

I am jealous of that burrito.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

+Nyx wrote:Looks like a really fun vacation! Great photos, the beach house looked awesome.

I am jealous of that burrito.
:) The burrito contains "Grilled Steak, Shrimp, Fresh French Fries, Avocado, Pico De Gallo, Cheese, & Super Secret Chipotle Sauce." It was one of my highlights for sure.
Eos
Master Scribe

Post by Eos »

Boy76 has excellent taste in jeans. :nod:
Why does that slumped over ATAT seem happy...!
*grimaces at Pariah's plate* :|
L_L_Luxury! I'm glad you got to experience that, thank you for bringing back pieces to share :goodsuprise:
Tacityl
Master Scribe

Post by Tacityl »

Sounds like a great vacation, I'm jealous. I love that whole area around San Diego. It's one of the many reasons I live in Cali :)

Unfortunately, I've not seen an LL Taco place outside of southern California. I crave it. I have to stop in every time we go down there.

I lived in Phoenix for 4 years in the 90s. I miss that city. Chino Bandito is one of my all time favorite places to clot my arteries.
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins ..." ~Sir Neil
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Tacityl wrote:Sounds like a great vacation, I'm jealous. I love that whole area around San Diego. It's one of the many reasons I live in Cali :)

Unfortunately, I've not seen an LL Taco place outside of southern California. I crave it. I have to stop in every time we go down there.

I lived in Phoenix for 4 years in the 90s. I miss that city. Chino Bandito is one of my all time favorite places to clot my arteries.
Loved Chino Bandido as well! One of the first "fusion" places I'd seen. They were well ahead of their time.