Where to Go After 220 Dex

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Jantra
Grandmaster Scribe

Where to Go After 220 Dex

Post by Jantra »

Hello! I feel a bit lost right now and have been talking to people, trying to decide where it's worth putting my time, effort, and gold.

What should my next step be?

I've heard about getting relayers, getting imps, getting BCs... I've got no fancy things beyond my 224 dex set up and a lovely loaned BoD, so now I want to work on what my next good upgrade should be. My trouble definitely seems to come from pure 'staying alive' when getting hit really hard... and probably not hitting hard enough. I'm definitely not the hardest hitter.

I'm 64/70/70/70/54 in resistances, since that got asked of me. Got gold and EDs ready to go.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks!
Animol
Elder Scribe

Re: Where to Go After 220 Dex

Post by Animol »

How old is your account? Have you done Mistvale quests to get the Cloak of Mist?
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

Now you should work on relayers and event gear that increase your reflect physical damage, Spell damage increase, and increase potion percent. always add STR, DEX, and INT to them and if you arent 100% sure don't spend the points as you cant unspend them, however, you can spend them later on after the relayer if they are not spent.

Find something fun to do while you gather gold and level (if you haven't done the GOC quest I highly recommend it) your weapon and try not to get burnt out grinding. The journey is the fun you will never arrive at the destination.
Jantra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Jantra »

@Animol - I'm an old account. There was a long time, though, so I went from like... out of Mistvale but not sure what to do-- 3 years later, I'm where I am in the post.

@Nick - Should I start with GoC? I don't really cast very much right now. Should I be casting more, so I that spell damage increase is worth more? What is a good relayer to even start with? I know kilt and shirt, but... do you get a fresh BC and start with that? Or is there something better?

Thanks, btw, for the replies! ^_^
Coalfire
Master Scribe

Post by Coalfire »

Jantra wrote:@Animol - I'm an old account. There was a long time, though, so I went from like... out of Mistvale but not sure what to do-- 3 years later, I'm where I am in the post.

@Nick - Should I start with GoC? I don't really cast very much right now. Should I be casting more, so I that spell damage increase is worth more? What is a good relayer to even start with? I know kilt and shirt, but... do you get a fresh BC and start with that? Or is there something better?

Thanks, btw, for the replies! ^_^

Spell Damage Increase will also effect the magical properties of your weapon attacks, such as Hit Fireball, Hit Lightning, etc. So even if you're not a heavy caster, you will see benefits from having increased spell damage.

Bone Crusher is a great relayer for the fact that it starts with 10 Strength. (Which is more STR Bonus then you could get on a weapon normally.) But please keep in mind, if you choose to level an artifact, DO NOT SPEND ANY Points until you get a "Change Weapon Type" Deed to remove the "Artifact Rarity" tag, otherwise any stat you purchase will cost you twice as many points as it would without the tag.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I remember also being in this postion and not knowing where to go after 220 dex.

The things that improved my survivability (considering best value for money) most after getting 220 dex was GoC pieces. The quest line itself is challenging and fun and will take you to new places and areas to explore. If you do decide to grind to buy these pieces they sell for about 3 million gold I think, which is a lot less than a relayer. Imprisoned pets are required for some parts as the bosses are hard hitters.

The best pieces to go for first are the chest piece and the arms. I still use those now.

The karate belt quest is also a good quest line and is fun.

If you don't have a cloak of mist, don't worry, there is a chance to get the mantle of frost on the winter quest line, which has the same stats but a different graphic, it is doable with 220 dex and no relayers as that is what I had when I first did that quest line. You may need full resistances though, but the goc chest and sleeves will help with that.

After that you might want to consider saving for relayers, but the grind there is long! Like someone else said, don't rush it, the journey is an open ended one and all the fun is in the path you travel :)
In game name: Abarai
Jantra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Jantra »

@Coalfire - I didn't know that! That's super useful information to have. Bone Crushers... come out of that gauntlet, right? Or should I just buy a fresh one? I have the ED ready for the change weapon type!

@Opopanax - I actually just started the karate belt quest line yesterday! Got my white belt and I'm really excited to try and get to the black belt. I think I might have the GoC quest started but I definitely haven't done anything towards it, so I'll give that a start today! I do have a Cloak of Mist, actually. Thank you for a really well-thought out and helpful reply.
Coalfire
Master Scribe

Post by Coalfire »

Jantra wrote:@Coalfire - I didn't know that! That's super useful information to have. Bone Crushers... come out of that gauntlet, right? Or should I just buy a fresh one? I have the ED ready for the change weapon type!
Yes BC drops in the Gauntlet. But if you don't have the time, Skulls, and patience to grind it out, there are plenty around to buy. Often selling around 200 EDs. Then another 200 EDs for the change weapon type deed. If you can't afford 400 EDs at once, don't worry. You can level the BC without the change weapon deed, just DON'T SPEND ANY points til after the weapon change deed.