Abandoning a champ when soloing a champ spawn

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Desenex
Novice Scribe

Abandoning a champ when soloing a champ spawn

Post by Desenex »

First, my apologies to the Shard. Earlier today I was soloing Marble Isle champ spawn and, due to unforseen issues in real life, had to abandon the champion. I thought I'd be back in a few minutes but it turns out to have been several hours. I don't think anyone else can attack the abandoned champion as they did not fight the spawn, but not sure of this. If so, I have tied this spawn up for several hours and am truly sorry. Is there any way to "release" the champion before abandoning it so others can attack it and complete the champ spawn?
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Abandoning a champ when soloing a champ spawn

Post by Durocius »

After 15 mins of no activity, it is fair game to the next player. Only one player can fight it at that point.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I'm not 100% sure what the time is (as the guy above said, 15 min sounds right) but if you abandon a Champ (fail to do dmg to a critter in the champ) free game for another player. I did this once for Kronos, he was just wondering the woods SE of the champ merking ppl lol.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

A participant gets removed after 15 minutes of inactivity, and a player can join the champ at any level if there are no participants at it. But I think there's a problem when the champion has already spawned - since the levels don't automatically go down, as soon as 1 person joins it blocks others from joining. I just checked the code and I don't think I've fixed this... an old issue, but seems like it's very uncommon so it hasn't gotten the attention/priority yet. I guess that when this happens, eventually someone strong enough comes along and solos the champion.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)