Kennedy: New Character playing only in felc

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Kennedy: New Character playing only in felc

Post by Nick »

Playing only in felc. I made up my own rules and have stuck with them for about two months. I'm not typing a journal entry on this toon each day, though that was a fun part of my last felc only toon (abandoned Reagen because while I didn't accept gifts or trades for items I couldn't get I did let ppl boost me quite a bit and felt it took away from the experience).
Attachments
Kennedy Bio
Kennedy Bio
Kennedy bio.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 9490 times
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Kennedy: New Character playing only in felc

Post by Durocius »

Very challenging indeed. Too bad people would exploit
if C+ allowed Fel logouts on a character and not lock the account. But,all champs would be staked immediately.
Keep us updated and maybe more of us will have the guts to try. 😏
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I have also thought about doing this. As we can pay ED for an extra character slot, I would definitely pay ED for a character slot that is locked to Fel and allows safe logouts at specific safe locations. If the safe logout zones were away from the champs, and trading was only allowed between other characters locked to fel, it could prevent people camping the champs. It does require a some changes though.
In game name: Abarai
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Durocius »

Opopanax wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:30 am
I have also thought about doing this. As we can pay ED for an extra character slot, I would definitely pay ED for a character slot that is locked to Fel and allows safe logouts at specific safe locations. If the safe logout zones were away from the champs, and trading was only allowed between other characters locked to fel, it could prevent people camping the champs. It does require a some changes though.

👍🏻
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

I know of several ppl who have started Felc only toons, and I'm more than happy to play together I go on leave today so I may have the time to write a guild/my advice on a fel run.

To begin with, I think starting as a paladin is the best choice because it is the only way to get the chiv spells. As my rules (again for myself do not allow me to buy things from other players that 1) I have not earned myself at least once & 2) are not available in felc; also, I try to avoid other players "boosting" me (kill everything and you just loot it) that takes a lot of the fun/challenge out of it in my opinion. Starting skills don't matter that much. You NEED to hide in a cave and master spiritspeak (free self-heals), Hiding, and Stealth. If you don't, you will probably rage quite the run pretty quickly.

Umms are your biggest problem... they will kill you many times (and your pets if you have them), and there is nothing you can do about it early in the game other than have your sound on and immediately hide when you hear one. Once you get a skinning knife, semitar, or club, you can shadow strike (any creature other than the umm), and it will auto-hide you. Eventually, you can peace them, and life will get way better.

NPCs:
You can use bankers while stealthing, manipulate your bank box as much as you want, and stay hidden. The deadly spawn will not notice you. Just double-click the banker (even if they are a skeleton draggon, they are still a banker)

Healers: Buy bandages from them to max vet to res pets. Buy clerical spell books and spells from them. They are very useful, and the "regents" for clerical spells are the same as your tithing points for your chiv spells.

Magic Shop (south of Forget running to Bucksden portal): the wizard will sell you, normal regents, up to level 6 spells, and a spell book. There is a great cave right behind him to hide in and macro safely (unless someone griefs you and drags spawn, there is nothing that going to attack you). Forget champ is just north of you, so you can pick off easy monsters to train, and level 4 drops arrows/bolts. The lesser shadows drop good gold to buy regents with.

Leatherworker (bucksden) he is the only person who sells pouches, and it will vastly help your inventory management.

Tamer (Deluca lost lands) uses the passage SW of Trin to walk right into Deluca. You can buy pet shrink potions (while hidden) and pack horses. (just shrink the horse the second you buy it, as the undead will kill it. If you die, that's okay. There is a healer in the northwest of town.

Minner (back left of wrong by the dolphin), this guy isn't too important as it is almost impossible to buy from him until you become a knight of sacrifice. You can't hide in wrong, so you have to die, walk in self-res, buy a quick-to-die, then use a corps stone (PM if you want to know where the 1g corps stone is)

Barkeep: the tavern south of Brit Bank has a barkeep who will sell you a pitcher of water useful for the solen hive quest.

The Solen Queen quests NPCs are quite helpful in getting a bag of sending and the powder. Gold is weighty, and you don't have much to spend it on.

You can not log out in felc and then log in with another toon. So, I do allow myself to use forget sparkle as long as I stay hidden and don't take/use anything from outside felc.

As you have no tools, eventually, you want to kill gargoyles for a pick-axe, spaw an element, get a tinker kit, and then be able to repair your own gear as it wears out quickly when you are wearing only looted items. The end game for the felc run I picture as being a dragon/nightmare tamer with magic and archery. A pack of mules or/and imps is possible, but I hate how fighting with mules looks/feels, and farming mel for five imps would be quite a grind, though not out of the question. Truthfully, I will probably oint up some pack mules fully and RP traveling from town to town and a crafted boat as my "house".

If anyone wants to join in the fun, feel free to PM me.
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

I was slowly buying bandages from the healer shop in Brit when Overlord Chicken ( :roll: Names ppl) a friendly wandering trader from trammel offered me 5,000 bandages for 15,000 gold. I quickly ran to the bank and cut a check and met them at the felc tunnel with my trusty packey and after the trade my packey bonded with me; which was handy because he nearly died as we fought our way to the farms east of brit to work on our vet skills.

If anyone else fancies themself a wandering trader I am in the market for Springwater and Petrified wood I have been gathering it but, its very slow going.

I have found a few other felc-only players and I am still having fun as always encourage others to find something fun to do and enjoy.
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

Found a felc only buddy, and we tossed some spells at a champ for a while...

taming is up to 53.5 so, that's a slow win. almost, GMed vet now healing a sheep as it got beat up by a pig... feal I could bring a dragon back to life now... sheep are good training simulators I guess.
Attachments
Mages rule felc
Mages rule felc
Screenshot 2023-12-20 215224.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 7414 times
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

lovely lamb and pig sounds, when they fight :D
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

Been taming bears to get my taming up to 54 when I ran into another traveling trader by the name of Butterybisckets who was willing to sell me some petrified wood and spring water, allowing me to craft some pet healing potions. Buying refresh potions from the healer and quaffing them all down for the bottles, that and garlic, has made learning taming much easier.

I tamed myself another giant beetle, sadly the black solen queen seems to be a lier (quest broken) I brought her a seed, killed infiltrators, and filled up the water vats yet she still refuses to turn my fungus into translocation powder. The ambitious Solen queen quest still works fine and she will give me a little powder along with a bag of sending, but once you have one, you don't really need two. I will have to keep doing her bidding though since I need the translocation powder and she appears to be the only one who can actually give me any.
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

Useful NPC update:
The Minner in Wrong is a functional NPC that sells nothing of use. To buy from him, you need to go in as a ghost, use Sacrifice to self-res res and buy quickly, then die and use the corps stone in Bucks Den to get your purchased items out of the wrong.

There is a Second mage vendor on Jhelom. She does not sell potions, scrolls, or spell books, though just regents.

Sadly, it appears there is no way to craft a book on a Felc-only run because you can't gather grade logs without access to the right bods. so there goes that dream, maybe ill let myself buy some point.
Attachments
Minner Wrong.png
Minner Wrong.png (747.22 KiB) Viewed 715 times
Cora the Wizard Sells Regents (no spells no books).png
Cora the Wizard Sells Regents (no spells no books).png (668.7 KiB) Viewed 715 times