Weapons to re-layer: my biases opinion

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Larsa
Legendary Scribe

Re: Weapons to re-layer: my biases opinion

Post by Larsa »

MKaros wrote: I also wouldn't include Luck for purposes of determining an item's point total because Luck is not something you would ever spend points on - its point value is also zero as a result of your being able to add luck deeds which don't cost any points from the weapon to add. Where you can spend gold in place of item points, you should - gold is unlimited and points you can spend are very limited - a max of 550 per item.
I wouldn't deem LUCK to be useless as it is good for some parts of this game. I understand that you wouldn't spent any exp pts to gain LUCK but like the Swords of Prosperity it comes included... that's a bonus. The SoP at level 57 has all character stats maxxed, SDI and RPD, if I wanted to add other buffs to it it wouldn't be a problem all I need to do is level it to 100. Now, my only reason why I (and again ' I ' ) will choose a SoP is because I save 200ED's or 10mill. Take any relayer you own and add 400 LUCK, that there is 20mill while it will cost me only 10mill to bump my luck to 400.

This is how I look into this... I have analyzed and discussed with other players about the different type of weapons that are worth leveling. And given that any wep (not arti tag type or crafted) at level 57 - 60 has all the buffs that are a must (stats, SDI, RPD). Thereafter, you can add whatever you like to compensate the buffs that are missing on your overall gear e.g. HCI, DCI, FC, FCR, LRC, LMC, SSI etc... So for me... not having to spend 10mill initially to have some luck it is a bonus :mrgreen: I do agree with your DI point of view though!
anarchy wrote:that's why cavorting club is worth more. :) resist all at 8 (5 points per a total of 200 points starting 8 x 5 x 5), i don't have one, but if i needed resist that would be made into a character stats/resist/rpd/regens/possible sdi.
The only regret that I have when I leveled the cavorting club was to add 20 Physical Resists... if you are planning to add some SoT's to your gear this is not necessary as 3 SoT's will get you to 60. I sacrificed some good stats to add the 20 Physical Resists and looking at it is like noticing a black stain on a white cloth *sniff*
Now offering free tours to Sgail and Umbris camp, bring your own weapons as safety is not guaranteed.
MKaros
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by MKaros »

Right, I don't have my little excel sheet handy where I am now, but I think I calculated that you need to spend something like 320 points on any weapon to max out the most basic stats. One thing I always tend to consider, too, is resale value for a relayer as my gear improves. I have an expectation that unless it's a TH, I am probably going to end up selling it one day. I've even got a shirt that has over 1000 in relayered stats (excluding luck, DI, and weapon stats, as I stated earlier) and as amazing as that item is for its point total, I will probably still eventually one day replace it with a TH.

I probably would not create a relayer that did not have all stats (and arguably regens, although with the cost of mana I suppose I could see an argument for not including this) set to maximum before I started going after the more optional things.

A good relayer with strong resale value will have all stats and regens at max along with 20% SDI. Past that, things start becoming an optional tailoring towards what the current wearer requires to cap out their other stats like DCI, HCI, SSI, RPD, resists, EP, etc. Though, there are a handful of attacks (I've found only two, personally) that allow for over 100% RPD.

In the end, once you've done your due diligence in making sure all of your basics are there, on average you've got around 200 points left over to do what you need to do with them.
Areth Karos
Kenekeo
Adept Scribe

Post by Kenekeo »

This reply is more towards people that have over 6+ relayers. If you are a first time relayer than I would stick with the first post (especially if you plan on getting only 1-2 relayers). But for this reply, I want to tailor this to the more experienced relayer: Swords of Prosperity (SoP).
----

As many of you already posted about the Swords of Prosperity, its really a great weapon for relayer. Here why;

1. As many of you pointed out; most weapons can be maxed out in stats by around level 64. So in the end any weapon is a great choice if you already have over 6+ relayers.

2. If any weapon is worth leveling than what weapon is a great choice? Answer: Any weapon that excess any possible stat cap. Example, Titan’s Hammer (TH) because of 15 strength. Bone Crusher because of 10 str, SoP because of 200 luck.

3. My personal reasoning. Well, I have a few relayers (lets say over 9+). In the end, the only possible weapon for me left to get is the Titan’s Hammer because of its 15 str. Beside that, there is no other weapon I need or want.
--a. However, due to the (L)insane price of the TH, I wont be getting anymore soon. And to be honest, I don’t really need the extra 10 HP. My base HP is already 490. If I do need it, a few Greater Strength potion and Angel Form is fine and Im sure I can come close to 600hp if I wanted too. (I know a bit insane, but again, this post is to those that have over 6+ relayer)

4. Due to the resources needed to make another relayer, I WONT be replacing any of them. Why do all that work again to level, pay for a relayer deed, etc. Replacing a relayer is a bit excessive to me.

5. But here I sit with pretty much my endgear. What should I do next? Adding Luck is usually my next choice. IF I knew this, I should have just relayer SoP from the start. If I was to add 400 luck to all my 9+ relayers, well that will cost me 3600 ED. Either way you look at it that’s a lot of resources to get.

6. Luck doesn’t effect my fighting ability (auto script combat). But it does affect other things worth doing for me (grave digging, Doom gauntlet, enhancing, bio-engineering, etc).
Kenekeo
Adept Scribe

Post by Kenekeo »

*bump* since i think its still revelant
Larsa
Legendary Scribe

Post by Larsa »

You couldn't say it any more better :nod: Totally agree with you Kenekeo! I think that when you are on your 6th relayer you probably have all important caps maxed. Then what is left is adding luck to your suit... Hope that this entire post helps players as a stepping stone to plan your immortal combat suit. Cheers!!
Now offering free tours to Sgail and Umbris camp, bring your own weapons as safety is not guaranteed.
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

around re layer 14 or so you've most likely have your regen capped. then start with luck. :)
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Post by Devlin »

You cap your regens at relayer 4 or so, only need 30-40 of each. GoC gives a decent bit of stats, so do the sgail pants.
Resident Wiki Editor/Village Idiot

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Separate Journal for Guild or Public Chat (Old)
---------------------------------------------
Combat Focus Guide (Godmode Formula)
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

ur right devlin what was i thinking. lol

maybe capping sdi. something that needs to be around 300 +Veritas put up a graph once of it, and the return capped around 300 what was it. hm.. was it sdi?
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

No mention of Captain Jack Sparrow's Cutlass anywhere on here? Makes me a sad cub scout.. :(

My favorite weapon to relayer by far - it has the same stats as a Quacklebash's Cutlass, except with +25 Energy Resist and 19-31 damage .. more than a Yumi's base damage. It's cakewalk to level up and pretty fun to spam Shadowstrike on everything ("Now you see me, now you don't - ooh, there I am again .. not!").

:dance

Below is my completed Jack Sparrow's Candle - Self Repair, Luck and Spell Channeling obtained through EDs as to not waste spending points.
Jacked Up.JPG
Jacked Up.JPG (52.35 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
Pet FightR | Doorman | TrainR: Lockpicking | HealR