Unknown UOSteam Error

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
DrussRob
Journeyman Scribe

Unknown UOSteam Error

Post by DrussRob »

So for what seems to be no good reason at all, when I attempt now to start the client using uosteam, as soon as I click the login button or hit enter (after inputting login credentials to the client login screen) I receive a small error window saying "unable to define encryption keys". I can still start the same client using razor however, but I really rather prefer uosteam personally.

So I did what any computer genius does, I asked Google. I typed in the error message and Google was like, Lolwut?... Never heard of it. I uninstalled and then reinstalled uosteam. Still did it.

Any ideas? Any questions? Anyone want a mint?
Attachments
uosteam_error.jpg
uosteam_error.jpg (347.56 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
"Hot Molly is hot"
JimTheDM
Elder Scribe

Re: Unknown UOSteam Error

Post by JimTheDM »

Is the Steam client pointing to the right UO directory on your pc?
Jamkul
Guild Master
Ghost Walkers Guild (GW)
DrussRob
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Unknown UOSteam Error

Post by DrussRob »

JimTheDM wrote:Is the Steam client pointing to the right UO directory on your pc?
It is. I've used (this installation of) steam for quite a long time now.

However, seemingly out of the blue it began this undesirable behaviour.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I was not able to discern the cause, but I was able to repair this installation by deleting everything in the assistuo folder, which was left behind by the uninstall with files still hanging around inside it. I deleted everything except the profiles folder, then reinstalled and it's working again. While a seemingly easy fix, I'll leave this post here for posterity and with the hope that if this ever happens to anyone else Google will eventually not be able to claim ignorance anymore.

Thanks for the help Jim ;)
"Hot Molly is hot"