Shameless self promotion

Name says it all
Omeni
Master Scribe

Shameless self promotion

Post by Omeni »

This has nothing to do with uoex, but a "documentary" I made 10 years ago, caught the attention of a reporter and I did an interview the other day, this is something us geeks need to be made aware of, we all need a varied diet!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/2 ... 74776.html
MARX
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Shameless self promotion

Post by MARX »

So stupid man sees something dumb in a movie. He one ups it for his own publicity. Wasted time on promoting common sense. If you are dumb enough to do things such as eating Ramen for 30 days you deserve the labour of your pain and do not deserve publicity you only deserve obscurity.
Remember kids its dangerous to be right when the gods of UO are wrong
Acacia
Elder Scribe

Post by Acacia »

MARX wrote:So stupid man sees something dumb in a movie. He one ups it for his own publicity. Wasted time on promoting common sense. If you are dumb enough to do things such as eating Ramen for 30 days you deserve the labour of your pain and do not deserve publicity you only deserve obscurity.
he was doing it for his own entertainment clearly if he starts off any line with "i like to one up things"
there's no reason for you to be negative about it at all; that's a pretty pessimistic and poor attitude imo
if a reporter caught on to anything that you invested time in and shared it with the public, no matter what it is (within reason being that it's not harming someone or ethically wrong), it's something you can be proud of.
Omeni
Master Scribe

Post by Omeni »

hahaha is that the best you have got "MARX"?
Get over yourself and don't take stuff so seriously, your not even a very good troll!!
Isaac Newton
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Isaac Newton »

That's right! A good troll would have questioned his sexuality. :lol:

I'm thinking after a month of ramen, McDonalds would sound really good. Mmmm...McRib!

Isaac Newton
Isaac Newton

What sad times are these when passing ruffians can say ‘Ni’ at will to old ladies.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I am surprised that you didn't get scurvy!

Also, in the article it says you tried various preparations methods including removing the water??? Surely that meant eating very crispy noodles??
In game name: Abarai
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Birko, your post was removed - watch the language.
aaron
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by aaron »

Acacia wrote:
MARX wrote:So stupid man sees something dumb in a movie. He one ups it for his own publicity. Wasted time on promoting common sense. If you are dumb enough to do things such as eating Ramen for 30 days you deserve the labour of your pain and do not deserve publicity you only deserve obscurity.
he was doing it for his own entertainment clearly if he starts off any line with "i like to one up things"
there's no reason for you to be negative about it at all; that's a pretty pessimistic and poor attitude imo
if a reporter caught on to anything that you invested time in and shared it with the public, no matter what it is (within reason being that it's not harming someone or ethically wrong), it's something you can be proud of.
I think if he ended up permanently harming his body then people may be singing a different tune. Reporters also don't always share positivity either. Whether he wasn't harming anyone (himself) or being ethical (harming oneself for entertainment value) is questionable. I think many would agree with MARX, but probably wouldn't say it as eloquently as he did :lol: . Did we watch this "documentary" and Morgan spurlock's thinking, "I wonder how this will end?".

Anyways, there are varying opinions here which we are all entitled to. This was shot 10 years ago and hopefully instead of inspiring more copycats, this will inspire what not to do.
Birko
Elder Scribe

Post by Birko »

+Nyx wrote:Birko, your post was removed - watch the language.
Noted, and I'm very embarrassed. I broke many personal rules.
Apologies to all.