My demise....:-(

Name says it all
dklepk
Novice Scribe

My demise....:-(

Post by dklepk »

Hello all,
I havnt been here to long and i wish i could stay longer i really do.. but after this mornings nice little romp in the halloween dungeon and loosing everything ive worked for or donated for.. I just cant see myself working back to that point i wanna personally think certain people like miner, and respina and alejandro, you guys where good poeples. i cant afford to reclaim my stuff and the grinders where my demise i just found out after 10 deaths in a row a corpse stone down work to well :-( but again thxs everyone
Fredo
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Re: My demise....:-(

Post by tiggerjlk »

I have been here for almost two years, and I wouldn't venture into the Halloween cave with my nobles :)

If you just work on taking on level one of shame, you can have enough gold in a few hours to buy a , maxxed out mule. One mule and you can own pretty much the whole shame dungeon. and the mule can store your gold for you.
Do that for a few more hours, and you can buy another one or two mules.
Take those three mules to fan dancers and you can make several thousand an hour, easily.

take a lot of bandages to heal your pets, use touch of life to heal them as well, and feed them raw meet every now and then. You will have plenty of gold in a few hours to trade in for tokens to buy pet deeds.

Don't quite from a bad day or two. I have had many bad days in the world of UO, but ultimately, you rise above it and move forward :)
this is coming from a player who doesn't even have a relayer yet :)
Soylentgreen
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Post by heyyo »

And don't forget to vote for the shard! It's a free ED (roughly 50k gold) every day for a few mouse clicks.
Legendaries
Elder Scribe

Post by Legendaries »

you should log in and get your imps, they are about to go poof :(
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

[PM me and i'll help ya our get your body and pets!
dklepk
Novice Scribe

Post by dklepk »

i was able to get pets with the much needed help of phen.. thanks again man i owe u for our death fest... :-(
but the kicker was the full 220 suit and 3 goc's and my level 90 axe bah just too much to even think about keys... oh the list goes on.. i was soo upset earlier but now i stare at my naked character minus my mistvale gear and think all time and ed's invested... and its just too much to think about getting back i got pets which is good.. i got like 600-700 ed invested in those. but just makes ya sad. i donated because i support this server.. i use to play here yrs ago and happy i returned.. but too see all that money gone just kinda makes the stomach turn a bit... Grinders are a bad thing people take it from someone stripped of an investment :-(
Fredo
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

What, no insurance?

Seriously, suck it up and come have fun.
TDC Guild
+Veritas
Administrator

Post by +Veritas »

Seriously Melkor? That's not exactly constructive.

Sorry about your luck, Fredo. Hope you end up staying...

Also as a reminder to all, there are res stations and 5k corpse stones on each level of the dungeon.

+V
-{Excelsior Shard Administrator, and Death Event Extraordinaire}-

May the BODs be ever in your favor!
Acacia
Elder Scribe

Post by Acacia »

I know it's unfortunate, and the options aren't exactly convenient but you can recover everything for 200 ed.
20 euros or 26 usd, it sucks but it's within reason if you have a lot invested in the account. either way everyone hopes you manage to find a way to stay, even if it's a slow comeback. the entire game is progressive so there's always a way to manage. if you need help ever feel free to [pm acacia
if i'm on i'd be glad to help with anything i can.
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

Surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but they do have a recovery service here. I know, more money... But it *is* an option. I had a couple done in my time as well for silly mistakes...

Anyways, if you know when you died, within 2 hours or so, they can retrieve your corpse for you for 200ED.
100ED to find it, then 10ED per item, to a max of 200 for the whole corpse.

http://uoex.net/codex/services/recovery

If you decide you want to do this, get your page in now, as there is a time limit on it.
Malfeasance
Novice Scribe

Post by Malfeasance »

yeah brother, i can understand.. i died twice and couldn't retrieve my corpse. by the time help was offered my body was gone, but i appreciate those who offered. but for real...i dont have goc and 220 suits..thats a bummer to lose all that..but i can honestly say once i do, im not wearing it except with a group hunt where i know someone has time to rez me and salvage my stuff..i hope ya stay because obviously you have knowledge that newbs need here..but if not , maybe consider just keeping your account to give a few things to the fresh newbs who wanna try..you never know..you might find a new path to this adventure. like bill murray said to the groundhog in groundhog day.." don't drive angry!"...Rock on! :dance
Dain Firehelm
Elder Scribe

Post by Dain Firehelm »

Anyone who knows me here knows also im a really friendly player 99% of the time...but dude... didnt u insure ur 220 dex,3 goc pieces gear? seriously?
- Khamul
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

There is so much going wrong here I don't know where to begin. But, for the most part, this should be a wake up call to all the other players who took or are taking the same path that dklepk did. From what I can tell, he was a newer player that basically bought his way to his current status. Nothing wrong with that except he might have bypassed a lot of hard knock learning that would have prepared him for what he faced in the Halloween Dungeon. No matter who you are and what stats you have, you are still going to die on this shard, sometimes over and over again.
I am going to assume that he did insure his items but I imagine he couldn't have predicted that he would die multiple times in a row feeling he was almost invincible with his 220 dex. But, even if his items were insured, if you don't have enough gold in the bank to cover 5 to 10 deaths with upwards of 13 insured items, it wil add up quickly and you can run out of funds. So, lesson 1, always have enough in the bank to cover 10 deaths.
The fact that he died 10 times tells me he didn't ask for help after the first 2 or 3 deaths. If you played long enough, you would have known that all your uninsured items would be on th first corpse so it would be imperative to claim it immediately. As your insurance runs out, then who knows which ones they woud be on but no matter. A call for help from him should of went out right away. I know there are plenty of players in that dungeon at anytime, so help should have been seconds away. Lesson 2, don't be afraid to call for help.
In his post he stated that he donated. Again, nothing wrong with that, in fact it is encouraged. But, I feel that his goals for donating were only to acquire certain items, not to protect them. Lesson 3, if you are going to own high dollar hard to replace items, make sure you have the ability to bless them before use. You can already see the limitations of item insurance.
My last comment is straight for dklepk. You feel pretty bummed and down because you lost some items and in a pretty frustrating way. Guess what, many of us have including me. Many, had invest much more time into it then you have. I can relate to "wanting to quit" cause I felt the same way myself. But, I didn't and neither did most of the other players who stuck it out and guess what? They not only got back to where they were, they have gone far beyond it. Trust me, you can actually get back to where you were without donating and do it a lot quicker than you think. If you are one of those players who want everything and want it now, then maybe this place isn't for you and you should move on. But, if you love this game, this is the shard to be at and you will have tons of great memories from playing here. Take the time and enjoy this place for what it is and work your way up through the ranks so to speak. I know you will find it very rewarding. There is a reason why there are a lot of 3, 4, 5 year and beyond vets still playing here.
Lesson 4, Enjoy the game and experience it at all levels. If you bypass and go straight to the end, you will overlook a lot of interesting and fun things this shard offers and become a bank sitter sooner than later.
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

Well said Cygnus! Myself, I have donated some to the shard, but not nearly enough to buy my way to powerful things. We all suffer setbacks, I have lost money, gear, and most expensively, 2 imp squirrels that I maxxed myself with hard won gold and oints. I admit my frustration with myself at that time made me step away from the game for awhile, but I knew I would return. logged on every month for a time to keep my account active, and eventually got back all I had lost and more. It is all a learning experience. I have been on this shard for more than five years, yet there are still places and monsters I have yet to see or face. This is a wonderful supportive shard, and we have such wonderful players. Never be afraid to ask for help, for you will receive it. It has been a pleasure to game with you all, and I hope to continue doing so for a long time.
aaron
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by aaron »

Usually giving it a couple days of thinking time is best. I'm sure we all went through what you did, except we may have did it with noob gear at that point. It's also the same reason we buy those pricey item bless deeds. It can happen to anyone. Anyways, give it a few days before you decide. At least you'll be making a thought out decision and not out of frustration.