Portal bug

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
mistral Star
Novice Scribe

Portal bug

Post by mistral Star »

Hello
First off I have looked and cant seem to find an answer to the trouble I am having so if there is one could you point me to it and sorry for this post. If not .... :)

I have played here now for around 155 days and haven't been able to use Portal chat. I also play with my partner and two kids (they have their own accounts). My partner is able to use portal fine with no issues.(haven't tried with the kids as they have no need for it) When I try to use it I put in my login and password and it then just sits at a white screen with 6 options at the top and a round circle on it with loading below that. At the bottom of the screen it says "chat disabled - Choose your primary character in the settings"
I can click on settings and then assign my character (leave the theme as it) and click the save settings button.
This now takes me back to the username and password page and it circles around this all the time.

I have tried every browser I can think of and have the same result. I tried it on my smartphone and have the same result.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Portal bug

Post by +Colibri »

Sorry for the bump, just want to note that it's fixed. More info here:
http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9259
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)