Masquerade Ball & Murder Mystery Event

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Nyx
Administrator

Masquerade Ball & Murder Mystery Event

Post by +Nyx »

I will be holding the second annual masquerade costume event in celebration of Halloween, held in tandem and as part of the second annual Murder Mystery event! There will be rewards for the best costumes and special prizes for certain categories of costume. The categories will be: Overall Best (first, second and third place), Scariest, Funniest, Best Interpretation of Theme, Best Group Costume.

Costume Info:
- Every attendee must wear a mask and costume.
- Attendees may not wear Halloween costumes from the costume stone. Your outfit for this event must be one that you have thought up and created from available equipable items.
- Costumes should be shard appropriate and easily explained.
- I will provide temporary masks, along with patch clothing & accessories in the dressing area.
- Provided masks will sit in the earrings slot. Provided patch clothing will sit in the obvious slot (shirts will sit in shirt slot, belts will be waist slot).
- Male characters please note that if you wish to cross-dress, this will be tolerated within shard rules, however many of the female-specific items such as dresses do not sit properly on a male character (they are pictured accordingly).
- I will provide temporary universal dye tubs in the dressing area for dyeing the temporary costume pieces.
- Hair, skin color, gender changes, and other such modifications will be the player's responsibility and must be completed before entering the dressing area.
- Attendees will walk through a strip gate to access the dressing area.
- No old-world clothing or armor will be provided in the dressing area. If you wish to include any old-world items/weapons/accessories as part of your costume, there will be a drop box outside of the event gate. You will drop a bag of your items into this chest before you go through the strip gate. Once you are in the dressing area, your bag of costume items will be returned to you. Do not place any non-costume items into these bags, or you will be removed from the event.
- Players will have one hour in the dressing area to complete and don their costumes. The gate will open at the designated time, and remain open for 45 minutes. If you arrive late, you will have less time to dress.

This event will take place on October 25th at 7PM EST / 11pm shard time. The time is subject to change within an hour's range, but any changes will be announced as far in advance as possible. Please allot 2-3 hours for this event. If you leave before the end, you will not be eligible for any reward(s) or prizes.

You MUST be patched to attend this event!

The provided masks:

The provided patch clothing and accessories:
**Click to view full image**

Each item is pictured twice - one is hued and one is plain, to give you an idea how well they will hue. This way you may select your colors in advance and save time in the dressing area.

More details to come as the event approaches.

+N
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Masquerade Ball & Murder Mystery Event

Post by +Nyx »

I'm hoping that +C can push out the booster patch in time for this event, in which case there will be hundreds more clothing items available. If that happens, I will post a picture of the new items to be made available.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Can I assume that any item we send through the drop box will either be returned or stay with us after the event has ended?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Yes, but it's not a good idea to put anything valuable through. Also, anything sent through must be a part of the costume, and can't be, say, a piece of your regular armor.
Aryck
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Aryck »

[quote="+Nyx"]Yes, but it's not a good idea to put anything valuable through. Also, anything sent through must be a part of the costume, and can't be, say, a piece of your regular armor.[/quote]

So none of my ethy stuff? :(
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You can if you want, I just don't highly recommend it. I don't expect there to be any way for it to get lost, but any time you're dropping your valuables into a magic box there's a slim chance of epic fail lol
Aryck
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Aryck »

lol roger that
Hyacinth
Passer by

Post by Hyacinth »

I see that it says the masks are temporary. Is the clothing temporary as well?