pet champion

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Dementika
Journeyman Scribe

pet champion

Post by Dementika »

Well it may have been suggested before but i couldnt find any post about it. There is a champion for crafting PS, alot for your regular PS, one for bio, one for the PS bag, but sadly none for the pet PS. I believe it would be a nice addition to the server and would spark some life in the economy.

Before getting flamed, for the very, very few players making taming bod to resell them(im saying very few as they are never for sale really) who might be against this as they want to keep the price extremely high, perhaps only adding 110-115-120 scroll to the champion, and keeping the 130 bod only would be a solution.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Re: pet champion

Post by Yoda »

so in effect this would make the value of doing the bods go down, in favor of flooding the market with pet powerscrolls?

no not sure thats a good idea
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Dementika
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Dementika »

theres powerscroll in the open for everything else, whats the issue with pet scroll being available.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

because its not "hidden" by being a bod reward, it already is available and there is absolutely no reason to make them very very common, I see no benefit to this idea other than devaluing another petal in the economy for no good reason. Any player with gm taming can get the bods needed to fill and get a pet powerscroll, so to that effect they already are obtainable.

Why should it be made even easier than it already is?
Dementika
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Dementika »

if it was as easy as you pretend, people would sell them, yet no one does because the odds of getting them in bod is low, and taming bod are Much worst to do than any other bod in term of time. Also, i highly doubt adding a single champion on a week timer would destroy your so called petal in the economy. Harrower drops +5 to +50 stat scroll, yet people are still buying the +50 with ED, and paying millions for +20 to +45, because of the low spawn rate of oaks. Daily there is hundreds of powerscroll being created by all the champions around, yet people still buy 120 like candies, again because of the rarity. If anything, it wouldnt hurt the economy to add 1 pet champion, but help it bloom. I know of Many players, me included, that would pay millions to get their pack above 100 skill. Sadly this is barely possible as no one bother with taming bods, and the very few that do don't sell the ps.

I can see how adding it to All champion would be crazy, but adding 1 new champion for those would be a great addition i believe and create a new source for this high demand, forgotten item. Heck, it could even be a young player champion for all i care, i don't mind having to buy it, i'd just like to see it being sold on the market more than once in a blue moon. If anything, adding to new players would give them a decent source of revenue to start their tedious journey.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Dementika wrote:if it was as easy as you pretend, people would sell them, yet no one does because the odds of getting them in bod is low.
not true people don't sell them because generally due to stat loss people don't buy them. there is far more of them on the shard than you may see.
Dementika wrote:Also, i highly doubt adding a single champion on a week timer would destroy your so called petal in the economy. Harrower drops +5 to +50 stat scroll, yet people are still buying the +50 with ED, and paying millions for +20 to +45, because of the low spawn rate of oaks.
first of all there is a difference, the stat scrolls only drop off of harrower, which takes all 6 champ scrolls to spawn. if you added a pet champion it would mean piles of players would be obtaining them every time it spawns. making them common doesn't stimulate the economy it deflates it.
Dementika wrote:Daily there is hundreds of powerscroll being created by all the champions around, yet people still buy 120 like candies, again because of the rarity.

do they really? is that why I see the same advertisements for the same powerscrolls for multiple days if not weeks. I'd like you to site sources for these statistics you like to throw out there, otherwise it seems to be conjecture and opinion. And in my opinion you haven't played here long enough to really have a firm grasp on what is/isn't selling
Dementika wrote:If anything, it wouldnt hurt the economy to add 1 pet champion, but help it bloom. I know of Many players, me included, that would pay millions to get their pack above 100 skill. Sadly this is barely possible as no one bother with taming bods, and the very few that do don't sell the ps.
yeah nothing bad can happen by adding 100's of the same item to the economy.
Dementika wrote:I can see how adding it to All champion would be crazy, but adding 1 new champion for those would be a great addition i believe and create a new source for this high demand, forgotten item.
1. it isn't forgotten, 2. sources exist already just some choose to barter vs. vend, 3. it would flood the market with a MODERATE demand item. which you may know if you actually watched the market for years.
Dementika wrote:Heck, it could even be a young player champion for all i care, i don't mind having to buy it, i'd just like to see it being sold on the market more than once in a blue moon. If anything, adding to new players would give them a decent source of revenue to start their tedious journey.

any time i have wanted to get a pet powerscroll all it took was asking in worldchat and invariably someone had it. thing is like your discordance suggestion, it is a suggestion to "fix" a system than isn't broken. There is no reason to make people do taming bod's less. and just because player vendors don't stock them regularly doesn't mean they aren't there perhaps they have sold already, perhaps they don't list on vendors.uoex.net or perhaps like the people I generally have purchased pet powerscrolls from they don't need to advertise in wc or sell on vendors because finding a willing buyer isn't a problem.

in order for something to be fixed it first needs to be broken
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Dementika wrote:Before getting flamed, for the very, very few players making taming bod to resell them(im saying very few as they are never for sale really).
I have a handful of pet power scrolls. How much are you offering? I would sell mine if I thought they'd sell quickly or for very much.

-Wil