farming ointments

Name says it all
KenGCE
Expert Scribe

farming ointments

Post by KenGCE »

where is the best place/ what mobs should i be killing for ointments?
i have a pack of nobles and i'm not geared enough to solo anything big, my nobles will have to do my bidding.

somewhere where i preferably won't get overcrowded by mobs and die?
i play Kenzie on the shard.
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Re: farming ointments

Post by Asmodean »

try fel trinsic.
khanzab
Adept Scribe

Post by khanzab »

hello there,

Most of the time people are farming ointments while they are levelling a weapon. for example i do level in felluca-deceit. and you wont need any pet. you will be fine if you already get the some of the mistvale stuff. any mob at fell can drop the ointments. So, good luck :)
Tacityl
Master Scribe

Post by Tacityl »

I second Fel Trinsic as a good area. There are several Felucca dungeons that I like to farm ointments in: Despise, Deceit, Covetous, and Destard. Just don't go too deep in Destard: ancient wyrms hurt and they take too long to kill to be worth it. Shame isn't too bad either, though I sometimes get mobbed heavily there. I've recently gotten to the point where I can do Terathan Keep pretty safely, though it sounds like that might be too much for your gear level.

There are some horribad areas though, like Fel Wrong, that I'd be careful in or even avoid if you don't have really good gear. As with any area you've never been in, stealth around and check the place out first. Maybe try a test fight or two near a convenient exit if possible. Also: insurance.
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins ..." ~Sir Neil
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

For the love of all that is holy, stay out of Fel Wrong. I'm not saying this to be mean, but unless you have several relayers, you will die a horrible death inside. Plus, you can't bring in pets. I'd say 300-350 hp before you even think of peeking in the door to fel wrong. You might be able to do it with less, I don't know. I like erring on the side of caution.

If you do decide to go in, there is a corpse summoning stone just outside. Don't die more than once without using it :)
KenGCE
Expert Scribe

Post by KenGCE »

oh goodness. okay i'll check out these spots... and i'll stay away from fel Wrong LOL.
i don't like to risk it! i'm so undergeared it's embarassing. (and idk how to gear...)
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

Start here:

http://uoex.net/wiki/Mistvale

Then work on 220 dex.

http://uoex.net/wiki/220_Dex_Guide

Once you have 220 dex, work on GoC gear.

http://uoex.net/wiki/The_Mage%27s_Inqui ... uest_(GoC)

Save up your gold while you are doing this, to prepare for your first relayer. Most people are going to do shirt/kilt/cloak/sash first, but the Mistvale stuff will hold you over for cloak and sash for a while. I would do shirt or kilt first, then the other, then everything else.
KenGCE
Expert Scribe

Post by KenGCE »

whispers my account is over 6 months old... i've been here a while. i know about the guides and all that. i just get very confused all the time! i have people to help me, though. as far as gear! but thank you anyways haha.
HeltonSantana
Journeyman Scribe

Post by HeltonSantana »

Asmodean, Perfect explanation. same thoughts