Destash raffle backfire.

Name says it all
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Destash raffle backfire.

Post by Ishamael »

The destash raffle is having a counterproductive affect on the way I loot things. I like the idea of the raffle to reduce the items the shard has to keep track of, but now I find myself saving stuff I never would have looked at twice. I have been accumulating a collection of fire horns, wands, armor sets and crappy arties, all in anticipation of the next raffle. The net affect is, I now have more clutter in my house than ever. I am readopting my old policy of trashing things, instead of keeping them, because i find myself getting out of hand with it. I must have about 100 fire horns stashed between both houses. I hope to see another destash, only to get rid of what i have accumulated. maybe it could be set up that these items that are a destash item give more tokens when trashing them.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Re: Destash raffle backfire.

Post by Annachie »

How about you just pick one thing to keep to feed your raffle habit, and only collect that :)
Character name: Ebony
aaron
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by aaron »

You may actually be raising a good point. I wonder how much this raffle is helping in the long run. For me I did get rid of a few things just to participate but not enough to affect anything. I usually don't pick up the useless little stuff anyways (like firehorns). I can see how this may make someone start taking the stuff they never would have to begin with.
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Post by tiggerjlk »

I think that the fire horns and wands were put into the raffle so lower/mid range players could contribute and participate in the raffle.
But, it requires a lot of them as opposed to artis.
Soylentgreen
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

One possible solution could be the following:

Have the Destash running until we hit say 1000 tickets. This could be reached in 2 weeks or 6 months, but at least then nobody will be "hoarding" items. Also once it is reached, the reward to the winning ticket is sent out, and another destash commences immediately.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I have already announced that the next destash raffle would run until the ticket goal is met, and that the items will begin to go on rotation. Some will be available to use for tickets, some won't.

Regardless, if folks have decided to start hoarding things they wouldn't otherwise, that's their prerogative and doesn't really matter in the long run. It gives some use and value to items that were basically trash before. That is the entire point of the destash raffle, so it's not really a backfire for it to be working as intended :)
Zalia
Legendary Scribe

Post by Zalia »

Yay, I'm looking forward to the next one. With all the bods I fill I like knowing the useless rewards have a put rather than just earning tokens in my trash bag. I'd love coloured scissors to be in there. :)
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Post by heyyo »

But the colored scissors have limited uses (which makes them even more useless)!
Zalia
Legendary Scribe

Post by Zalia »

Hence why I want to put them into the destash raffle. I have hundreds of them.