Patch 4b - "Booster Patch" Now Available!

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Re: Patch 4b - "Booster Patch" Now Available!

Post by fixxer1963 »

ok, you were right.. i can't see walls in gargoyle city
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

lol, figures. Okay, try the dropbox link :)
Anna Marie
Expert Scribe

Post by Anna Marie »

I took out the Desktop folder and over ride everything and put my Desktop folder back in and it finally worked for me.
Anna Marie
Expert Scribe

Post by Anna Marie »

Ilshenar is all bonkers for me now though.
JimTheDM
Elder Scribe

Post by JimTheDM »

Did you get the updated patch from +Nyx's post a few up from here?
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Ok, I downloaded the dropbox version. Now i can see walls in Gargoyle City and I can enter Ilsh dungeons.
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

Gaara wrote:
Annachie wrote:
Kara wrote:So, I had to do the full client re-install too. Is it safe to delete the old client directory and all the associated files now?
I just installed over the top of it.

You might want to copy out or save the directory named 'Desktop' as that's the one that stores your screen layout and UO macro's for each character.
What i did was install the full client on desktop and copy everything except the desktop folder to the UO directory and override. Worked for me. :)
@Annachie & Gaara:

I did a full re-install to a fresh folder in a fresh directory and copied over my old character settings. What I want to know is if I can delete the old folder and all the associated data with no repercussions now that I have the new install.
Fiernocht
Legendary Scribe

Post by Fiernocht »

Kara, you should be able to if you copied what you needed to the new install. then just point your razor or whatever at the new install. thats basically what I did.
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

Thanks Fiernocht.
Rowen
Passer by

Post by Rowen »

are there going to be new places for homes in the patch?
Mystic
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Mystic »

All patched and working, thanks for the extra link +Nyx, Ilshenar is looking normal now. Can't wait to see the new content (even if it's as a ghost!)

Not sure if this is the right place to post but just wondering about a couple of changes since the patch and whether they are intentional.

One is granite, when placed in a house, used to become a "seat". Now it is a blocking item that you can't walk or sit on.

The other one is regarding imp dogs. I don't use them personally but my partner (who plays in the same room as me) has noticed that you can no longer shrink them while they are in human mimic form and have to wait for them to return to animal form.

I don't know if these are related to the patch or just coincidental and if there is somewhere else I should post, please direct me there and my apologies :)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

on the granite, that's probably related to the patch. If I remember correctly I did make a minor change to that graphic's tiledata so that it could be made stackable if +C so desired (and for me to make stackable for other uses in Elysium). I imagine that made it no longer a chair, hehe.

I didn't make any changes to anything that would affect imps, so +C would have to weigh in on that. I believe they were always that way, though.
Mystic
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Mystic »

Ah that makes sense on the granite, I'm sure people will happy about the possibility of making it stackable. I'll just have to source other seating options ... maybe a copy of the old sitting granite could be an idea for a deco item quest reward in the future :P

Thanks for the fast response :)
Maul Binder
Expert Scribe

Post by Maul Binder »

the imp dogs always undhrinkable til in dog form never could shrink as a human they just look at you funny
Fiernocht
Legendary Scribe

Post by Fiernocht »

Mystic, just so you know, some of the large stones on the yard wand you can sit on I believe.