Can we get an Admin answer on this?

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Can we get an Admin answer on this?

Post by moonsongtx »

I had been told by some players when I first started here that crafting macros afk were okay, such as tailoring (making items NOT making the cloth!), black smithing, and making potions.... I passed that info on tonight but was corrected by someone saying that it wasn't allowed (the person needing the info was wanting to cook).

I went back and looked at Codex and read that gathering skills aren't allowed to do afk nor is hunting/leveling a weapon, or taming. So is crafting okay, as long as it's not actually spinning the wool/weaving the cloth?

I'm asking for admin input cause answers seem to vary. I just want to make sure I'm not violating rules here. Thanks!
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Can we get an Admin answer on this?

Post by +Nyx »

Essentially the staff are all of the mind that this is not okay. Anything that returns a product - alchemy, blacksmithing, BODs etc - shouldn't be done AFK. However the codex hasn't been updated to specifically reflect this.
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Re: Can we get an Admin answer on this?

Post by moonsongtx »

Okay. Thanks for the info! Only thing I ever macroed afk was alchemy making kegs of potions (usually while doing housework *LOL*) I'll make sure to sit and watch TV or something while macroing them at the computer. Hmm wonder if hubby would take that as a good excuse... "But I couldn't wash the dishes! I had to make potions!" *LOL* Yup.... I gotta try that. :D