Selling stuff as a newbie.

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
justinkace
Journeyman Scribe

Selling stuff as a newbie.

Post by justinkace »

I've had a good look over the wiki and can't find any info on what newbs can find that vets might pay for aside from the organic stuff.

Am I likely to stumble on anything in my early day adventures that it would be worth holding on to to sell to vets? Magic items with specific stats, or materials/items in general?

Cheers!
Fiernocht
Legendary Scribe

Re: Selling stuff as a newbie.

Post by Fiernocht »

You dont really find too many good items to sell until later in the game, but when you are strong enough people buy the 3 keys you have to get to fight travesty. Lady mel here has a ticket system to summon her, so when you get tough enough to farm for those thats good... umm for a fresh newbie Id stick with the organics, and then just hunting in general... Mining can be profitable if you find the right buyers... also, we have a beekeeping system here and you can make about (roughly) a mil a week doing that...
“No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.”
― C.G. Jung
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Do the newbie champ every 4 hours. Do the mistvale quests.
TDC Guild
justinkace
Journeyman Scribe

Post by justinkace »

Thank you Fiernocht. Appreciate the info. :)

Edit: And Melkor! :)
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

always always always go to newbie champ when it's up! You'll get a good amount of gold drop (bring a mule or other packy animal!) as well as Power Scrolls. In the Buy and Sale area of the forums, create a running list of things you have to sell.... power scrolls, lumber, ingots, etc. And post in general chat when you have things to sell (but make sure it's not spamming). :)
justinkace
Journeyman Scribe

Post by justinkace »

I found an NPC, Yoshimitsu I think it was, who dropped a cool ninja suit and double swords. I assume it's nothing special, but just in case....? :)
Dain
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Dain »

justinkace wrote:I found an NPC, Yoshimitsu I think it was, who dropped a cool ninja suit and double swords. I assume it's nothing special, but just in case....? :)
I think this is a quest NPC but I couldn't find anything in the Wiki. Hangs around Yew graveyard if I remember correctly.
Dain Firehelm
Elder Scribe

Post by Dain Firehelm »

Yes, Yoshimitsu is part of the "A dying wish" quest (AKA gravedigger's quest), in which you get a gravedigger's shovel (5-20 uses in it). I think is described in wiki, under UOEX custom quests (dont want to throw any spoilers in case you want to figure out the quest yourself :D). THe ninja suit and the double swords are just normal items, no market value. Hope this helps :)

Cheers!
- Khamul
Ilsanor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Ilsanor »

If you can count it as newbie stuff you can farm and sell resources on [exex - wood and ingots mostly, they fetch a decent price. If you explore a bit, you might want to mark (runestones) locations where you find special, coloured wood/ore types. Though the highest tiers require having a PS of the appropriate type (up to 120 for the top-tier plat/petri).
justinkace
Journeyman Scribe

Post by justinkace »

Is coloured wood/ore static, not dynamic?
Fiernocht
Legendary Scribe

Post by Fiernocht »

yep the ores and wood are static. there are many rune libs out there that have ore and wood books too.. Im working on one for my guild at the moment.
“No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.”
― C.G. Jung
justinkace
Journeyman Scribe

Post by justinkace »

Wow! Is that customisation for this shard in particular? I always thought special resource spawns were random. This is cool!
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Mistvale has lots of stealable deco i haven't seen on the market... :wink: I imagine it could be quite profitable.
justinkace
Journeyman Scribe

Post by justinkace »

Ooooh better get my stealing up before I get sent there eh!! :D Time to suss out a stealing macro! Thanks Gaara!
Dain
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Dain »

justinkace wrote:Ooooh better get my stealing up before I get sent there eh!! :D Time to suss out a stealing macro! Thanks Gaara!
Justin as and when I find some I will let you know what I found and where.

Some of it looks great.