That one time...

Grab a cup of coffe and attend to the more simple things in life.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

That one time...

Post by Pariah »

This thread is an opportunity for a funny story/anecdote/humble brag about that one time. For example...

That one time I met Shaq and felt like a kindergartner talking to an adult...

I'm not a small guy (on the right). 6'1, 180ish lbs, but I felt like the daintiest flower...I was also very hungover so excuse the collar and bad posture...
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: That one time...

Post by +Nyx »

I have quite a few of those!

The time in 2005 when I coordinated a birthday party for my at-the-time-boyfriend with Gus, Geoff and Burnie from red vs blue. (Burnie isn't pictured as he was the one taking the photo. Random guy in the back was a reporter for the New York Times doing a piece on them and following Burnie for a week. Blonde lady is Griffon, a fantastic artist, who later married Geoff.). They're even more fun to hang out with in person than you'd think! :)
rvb.jpg
rvb.jpg (34.4 KiB) Viewed 6740 times
Or that time +V sent me a freakin' gorgeous dress as a date invitation...
Img_2353.jpg
Img_2353.jpg (39.6 KiB) Viewed 6749 times
Okay I'll limit myself to those 2 until we get some more replies :)
Renjin Lemort
Novice Scribe

Post by Renjin Lemort »

that one time i can't tell you about.. or i'd have to kill you. :)
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Renjin Lemort wrote:Image

that one time i can't tell you about.. or i'd have to kill you. :)
That's awesome...
Sandor
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Sandor »

That one time I jumped from an airplane :dance
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (75.36 KiB) Viewed 6515 times
Fiernocht
Legendary Scribe

Post by Fiernocht »

That one time I went to my woman's jr prom.
1917051_102062616486994_5015920_n.jpg
1917051_102062616486994_5015920_n.jpg (32.34 KiB) Viewed 6499 times
“No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.”
― C.G. Jung
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Two things I never did, Junior Prom or jump out of an airplane. Way to raise the bar on the thread fellas...
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

That one time...
ring%20010.jpg
ring%20010.jpg (20 KiB) Viewed 6389 times
...I was visiting my jeweler and he let me try on a $200,000 ring he'd made for another client.
We were sitting there talking, my jeweler and I, when into the shop walks this giant, burly italian guy. The man walks up to my jeweler, greets him, then proceeds to reach into his nether regions. I must say I was a bit perplexed by this behavior, but he quickly produced a little wax-paper-wrapped parcel and handed it to the jeweler. Inside the parcel was a velvet bag containing this ring.

Quite an experience, over all :lol:
Sandor
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Sandor »

sooo is that the 200k ring or the one that came out of the guys small clothes?

:lool:
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

They are one and the same. I guess the courier services for such expensive items are rather "specialized" in seeming like they aren't carrying anything unusually expensive XD
Eos
Master Scribe

Post by Eos »

...I ran into the living statue of a Silver Man while marching downtown as the living statue of a Golden Woman. o.O

This picture doesn't do the moment justice, taken in a rush, but it's proof it happened! xD I had no idea he even existed, and, I had no idea I'd be marching right into him - in gold! See the heels by my feet, my tattered stocking? I walked barefoot to keep up, which is a mental battle over dirty sidewalks and summer pavement! See... what had happened was... I ... liked a guy ... and found out he was attending a public spirit rally with an American Revolution theme. So, I determined to be the belle of the ball and show up as the Statue of Liberty - little-mermaid style - mute. 8) But, I could not find any suitable fabrics in seafoam green, :( so went with gold :P I carefully worded my sign to explain myself (and carefully whited it out for this not-proselytizing post!)

I... was the only one who dressed up. :? Naturally, this got way more attention than I had imagined, and then doubled because as a -golden- statue of liberty, I was recognized instead as Nashville's crown Athena statue. As a mute, I could just... nod and smile! Am I the goddess Athena? *Thinks fast* *Goddess of wisdom and courage* *Statue of liberty carries the book of truth and the flame of love---* *Ding ding ding!* *Nods head* Ugh, yeah! Sure! Athena! But what's with all you people being so up on your greek mythology?! I was ready for "Ariel", not "Athena"! o.O

Next thing I know, I'm in front of documentary cameras, local notoriety, and news crews with cars driving by shouting happily "ATHENNNAAA!" And then I'm handed a flag and asked to lead us off. Lead?! And that's how I found myself as a Nashville's Golden Woman running into Nashville's Silver Man!

This is Nashville's Athena. At the time, I knew we had a Parthenon, but not that it contained this giant golden woman! It wasn't until I got home that day that I understood what all the Athena love was about. :lol:

The coolest part, though, was when a photographer for a newspaper asked if I'd pose for a picture, and leads me around the crowd... over to... the guy I liked! YESSS! :D Who shortly after asked me to lunch - SCORE! (I blacked out his shield, it was as loud as my outfit, and probably why the photographer chose us.)

Thank you for sharing your glory stories, I wish you would post more! Oh and, I'm still scraping my jaw off the floor from that note +V wrote to +N. Man. So jealous. I want a dangerously-confident-suitors-love-note! OMG! What was the dress!
Last edited by Eos on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

An appropriate last post for the 4th, Eos. Who wouldn't fall in love with Lady Liberty... Happy 4th, all. To continue the theme...

That one time I made it to AZ to start my vaca and my first purchase was a giant bottle of Mexican beer on the 4th.

+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Your story made me giggle, Eos :)
Eos wrote:Oh and, I'm still scraping my jaw off the floor from that note +V wrote to +N. Man. So jealous. I want a dangerously-confident-suitors-love-note! OMG! What was the dress!
It's the most lovely LBD, hugs the curves just right without being indecent. I love that dress still!
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

20150531_201805.jpg
20150531_201805.jpg (607.16 KiB) Viewed 5717 times
That one time on Naboo. Or was it Courisant? :scared:
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

While I was not at all involved in this legendary event, I cannot help but post this here. Back during this time I worked at Babbages, a software store. I started playing UO just after it's release, and the events described in the article below where already becoming internet legend. Somewhere out in this world, perhaps, Rainz still revels in what he was able to do. enjoy this blast from the past.

http://haogamers.com/blog/2015/06/18/ga ... d-british/