voting

Name says it all
lilbear68
Master Scribe

voting

Post by lilbear68 »

I have noticed that 1 of the voting sites is not working if we continue to vote as usual will be still get our reward even tho one site is not operational?
si vis pacem parabellum
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: voting

Post by Wil »

actually, two of them are dead: mmorpgtoplist and xtremetop100. Both eventually give a 504 gateway time-out from their nginx web servers.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

lilbear68 wrote:I have noticed that 1 of the voting sites is not working if we continue to vote as usual will be still get our reward even tho one site is not operational?
Quoting +C here:
+Colibri wrote:Now for the small print:
As we know the reward is based on GTop100's site feedback - they send information back to our server about whether a vote was successful, or if unsuccessful also how long you have to wait before voting again. If you vote only on GTop100, you will still able to claim the reward - but! As mentioned in the previous post here, I've recently been able to collect extra info about who really votes as intended. About every month or two, I will collate that data and see who has been voting just to collect the reward: reward progression of those players will be reset to 0, and possibly given a penalty where a certain amount of votes in the future will only yield a very small (1000gp) reward.
Whole post: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 229#p55229
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

They go up and down.

+C will notice the problem and account for it if needed.
Character name: Ebony
jradford
Master Scribe

Post by jradford »

I just did all the sites, and it told me no reward. Oh well. Seems something is still off.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

My personal favorite is when I voted and there was no mention on the stone, so tried again and the message on the stone was vote again in 23hours and 58 minutes :)
Character name: Ebony
MhBlis
Journeyman Scribe

Post by MhBlis »

Sorry to go a little off topic but I keep seeing reference to rewards. Is there some more info about what that's all about so we can keep on topic.

Also is voting weekly or monthly. On previous shards they asked for it daily. So just trying to keep up on whats going on around it.
jradford
Master Scribe

Post by jradford »

From +C on another thread:

The vote reward stone at the town center is back! But please read these instructions first...
On our frontpage (http://www.uoex.net) at the bottom of the central column, I have placed 4 links to the topsites that seem to be best for voting. You can vote for our shard on each of those, about every 24 hours. After you vote, you can go to the Town Center and doubleclick the "Reward stone" - it's right next to the world teleporter. You will get 1ED for a successful "voting process".
MhBlis
Journeyman Scribe

Post by MhBlis »

Thank you. I'll have to go look at the stone some time.