Trying Stealing, with no luck...

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Parrot
Apprentice Scribe

Trying Stealing, with no luck...

Post by Parrot »

So I bought stealing, I'm at 31.7 and I want to train it up. I've tried off of my LLama (you cannot perform negative acts), as well as a packie, tried a bag on the ground outside (you can't steal that), in a house I'm co-owner of (you can't steal that)....what am I doing wrong?? I saw the macros and was gonna use one of them (or make my own) but if I can't steal a bag that has an apple in it, or even just the apple I'm SOL! Tried a bag in a bag that was holding an apple, no go.

I was just sitting here re-reading my post...do I have to be a member of the thiefs guild?

Any help would be appreciated.

Parrot
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Re: Trying Stealing, with no luck...

Post by Melkor »

Have a secured chest in a house, put the biggest pile of gold in there that you can carry. 2click to open chest. click stealing then select the pile of gold. You don't need to be a member of the thieves guild. This will get you all the way to 120
TDC Guild
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

A stack of 10k gold is plenty. If you can setup a macro to put the gold back in the chest every 8-10 steal attempts you are good to go.
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Parrot
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Parrot »

Thanks for the assist guys. I saw a post where apples were used so I was trying apples with no luck. Once I went to gold, it's all good. Stealing is in the mid 70s overnight, now to finish it off today and start on the next skill.
'
Thanks
Parrot
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Parrot »

fyi, hit 100 this morning, thanks again.