UOSteam & Razor Not functioning

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Ahriskywalker
Passer by

UOSteam & Razor Not functioning

Post by Ahriskywalker »

I am new to this game, and I've got a problem getting UO steam OR razor to work.
In both cases when I try to use either of them, they both stop at "Verifying Account" and stay there forever.

My firewall is off, server information is correct, I checked to be sure they were both downloaded properly, and so is the game. I actually completely uninstalled everything and reinstalled it to be certain. All three programs (The game, razor and UOsteam) are being ran admin, compatibility mode - xp service pack 2.

There are no other programs running on my computer, and the game connects just fine if I don't try and use steam or razor..

In a couple cases with UOsteam, when I changed the file destination from Auto Detect to the client file in my program files, I get an immediate error that says that the map0.mul file cannot be read in HD or something of that nature, and then it closes UO steam entirely, when reverted back to auto detect it gives me my log in screen, and then it stops at "Verifying account" yet again.

I'm new to the game but I'm not totally computer illiterate, I have tried to google it and I've been at it for about 4 hours with no fix yet, I was hoping that someone may possibly be able to help me?

A Recap of what has already been done:

Firewall off
Ran all programs as admin & compatibility mode
Reinstalled all three programs completely, restarted the computer multiple times during that process
No other programs are running
Made sure everything is up to date computer wise
followed the guide on the site here for how to set razor up to its entirety
Followed UOsteams guide on how to set that up as well
Waited 45 minutes at the "verifying account" to see if anything changed at all
Restarted both my router, and my modem, bypassed the router and hardwired, no change there.
Restored my computer, completely reinstalled everything again, repeated all steps - no change there

Any help would be appreciated, It's fairly clear even from only a few minutes exploring the game that one of these agents are going to be important to make things easier.. I'm up for any and all suggestions!

Thank-you!

-Ahri
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Re: UOSteam & Razor Not functioning

Post by dreamstalker »

ummm did u try setting both of the auto detect options from auto detect to pointing them at the appropriate file...ie first one point to client.exe second one point to the uo excelsior folder?? ill think on it some more i rem seein this problem before but just woke up.. also what is the exact error message as i cant rem.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Just a quick question, where did you download the game from?
Character name: Ebony
Alazard
Passer by

Post by Alazard »

Can you post a picture of your razor login, right before you connect.