Question to Weapon pricing... *confused*

Name says it all
Lan
Apprentice Scribe

Question to Weapon pricing... *confused*

Post by Lan »

Hi Market people :) ,

i am a bit confused about how the pricing of levelable weapon at the shard works (I am nearly new) ...

Question 1: Is there a difference between weps that in the end ends up as armor relayer (Weps with resists) and
combat weps that have 2 -> ..5? Hit attributes like On Hit Fireball, Manaleech and so on ..

2: How could a new player knows how much he must minmal offer that the seller don´t thinks *what a crazy guy* :)

3: It is possible to build up a generell min. price for a wep with the attributes the wep have..?
Example: Wep has: 3x14 resists and 15% HCI, every SP (Sending Piont) cost 1k Gold
then the min. gold value is: 3x14x5 (Resis) + 15x3 (HCI) = 255 SP = 255k Gold
4: If point 3. is a good calculating base.. what would one for combat weps ..? calculated SP value x2 ..?

At the ende the selling price is always something between buyer and seller..! This should only be a base help for calculating wep prices :)

*moved to general discussion, since you're asking for more than just a price check* +R
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Re: Question to Weapon pricing... *confused*

Post by Alex »

there is no clear cut formula for pricing weps since the amount of publicly known data points are difficult to obtain and looted weps vary greatly. the only weps that can be somewhat priced are common weps found and sold such as bone crushers, blaze of deaths, etc or at the higher end of the spectrum grand auction weps.
Lan
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Lan »

Hi Alex,

thx for your comment :)

That means the priceing of "levelable wep" is always a thing between buyer and seller.. ok but is there no way
how a new player can evaluate a weapon.. i thougth a way over the Spending Points is a good one ..
because the more pionts a wep has the higher the price.. so we must only find out what 1 SP is worth..

In the past last day´s i buyed around 3 resi weps and the price we negotiate were always around 1 SP = 1K Gold
therefore i opened this Topic to know if it is the normal or a good way to go .. :)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Hi Lan,

Not all attributes are equal. Hit Dispel is 4 SP and completely worthless.

Others are valuable only in particular combinations. Resists hold little value on weapons intended for fighting. Hits hold little value on weapons intended for relayers. So, a weapon with a mix of hits and resists is distinctly less valuable than an equivalently pointed weapon heavy on resists or heavy on hits.

Some attributes can be added with a ED-purchased deed. Self repair. Spell Channeling. This significant;y reduces the value of having them natively on a weapon.

And then there are special weapons with more of a particular attribute than can be leveled. Str on a weapon can only be levelled to 8, so a weapon that starts with 10 str has some intrinsic value over one which does not.

Regards,
Wil
Lan
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Lan »

Hi Wil,

yes your comment is right that mixed up weps are allways less valueable, but the point is when someone offers a wep..
What is a good way to open the "trade", is counting the SP a good one or not..?

Lets us made an example ..

World Chat..:[FreeWilly] Selling 3x14 Resist wep with 15% DCI and 10% SSI PM me Offers

[Lan] *calculating ...?...?....! 3x14x5 + 15x3 + 10x4 = 295 * 1K Gold = 295.000 Gold..

[LAn] [PM FreeWilly: I Would offer 290k Gold .....

It is a good way or not ..????? :)
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

I think 1k per sp is a pretty good idea for resist weapons but may be too much for ssi, physical resist and luck which many people feel have no value at all. personally I think ssi does have value but im just letting you know what many or maybe even most players feel about that. the value for hit weapons im still very unsure about myself even after two years on this server.
Lan
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Lan »

Hi Culichi,

thx for your answer! This will help a lot to calculate a good base bid for a resist relayer !

All other feel free to make comments and statements i will fill the topic with your ideas and if we have enougth, all people have a good feeling when biding or buying wep relayers :)

OK Lets start to sum up our first few things:

3 x 1x Weapons : 1 SP = 1K Gold for resists

Side Attributes:
HCI: 1 SP = 1K Gold
DCI: 1 SP = 1K Gold
SSI: 1 SP = 0,5K Gold

Anyone a idea for 4 x 1x Relayers ...?

Anyone a idea for Fighting Weapons with 4 x 4x 4 x 5x or 5 x 5x and so on .. ?

Thx Lan :)
Tattersail
Master Scribe

Post by Tattersail »

Thing is, you can formular all you want but the items will always be sold for what people are willing to pay...Your methods may end up with something costing 1 mill according to your formular, but if it's the only one to be found with that exact stat set, it might be worth 5 times that to someone who's been looking for it for ages...Or vice versa...

My point is, don't try to create a formular like this...You'll end up feeling you're paying too much for an item you need when it costs more that the formular allows for and you'll feel people are trying to stiff you when they're only offering 30% of what you deem a weapon you want to sell to be worth...

Spend some more time playing, get a feel for what you prefer on a weapon and you'll know which ones have value for others that way...And once you start to relayer, you'll come to understand which weapons hold value in that regard and why...And on the way, you'll throw a bunch of 3x38s and 3x46s out or give them away, cause their stats are horrible, while learning that some weapons which look horrible to begin with, can make very nice 5x50 weapons given the right kind of attention...
Tattersail
Master Scribe

Post by Tattersail »

Oh and on a side note, if you start levelling weapons at some point, keep in mind that you WILL want to change weapons to match your gear...

So in the beginning, you're in newbie gear and need just about everything, therefore a pure DPS weapon (with only spell hits on it) might actually lower your DPS compared to a weapon with SSI or DI on it...And as someone told me early on, don't expect your first couple of weapons to level much past 50...It's pretty easy to get there, but then it begins to slow down...And there's not much point in levelling your newbie weapon to 100 while spending points to improve your play and then trying to sell it, for two reasons:

1. People tend to pay _maybe_ 60% on weapons with points spent, heck if they are spent badly or don't fit their toon for some reason, they'll go much lower or not buy at all.
2. A newbie weapon is for newbies and they just don't have the money to make it worth your while.

So you're better off shelfing that and grabbing a toy to lv without spending any points (something which takes time with low lv gear, but you DO have a major advantage if you have Mistvale access) and then selling that for 10 mill to get a full set of imps or to bank for your relayer gear later on...If you go this route, a weapon which begins with mana leech will save you SO much trouble...
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

A lot of people seem to overlook wraith form in lieu of mana leech. Sure you can't ride a mount, but it can be useful.
Harbertown
Adept Scribe

Post by Harbertown »

+Requiem wrote:A lot of people seem to overlook wraith form in lieu of mana leech. Sure you can't ride a mount, but it can be useful.
Yes, Wraith Form is really useful! I still use it! Some monsters seem to have their own mana leech so I use it then, and sometimes weapon abilities seem to drain mana faster on certain monsters? At least it seems this way to me? I love Wraith Form though, it is great!
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Harbertown wrote:
+Requiem wrote:A lot of people seem to overlook wraith form in lieu of mana leech. Sure you can't ride a mount, but it can be useful.
Yes, Wraith Form is really useful! I still use it! Some monsters seem to have their own mana leech so I use it then, and sometimes weapon abilities seem to drain mana faster on certain monsters? At least it seems this way to me? I love Wraith Form though, it is great!
There is some places where you simply cannot ride a mount... so it's a win win situation.

ex.: Felucca Wrong
Lan
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Lan »

Tattersail wrote: So in the beginning, you're in newbie gear and need just about everything, therefore a pure DPS weapon (with only spell hits on it) might actually lower your DPS compared to a weapon with SSI or DI on it...And as someone told me early on, don't expect your first couple of weapons to level much past 50...It's pretty easy to get there, but then it begins to slow down...And there's not much point in levelling your newbie weapon to 100 while spending ...
Hi Tattersil,

i am at the point with my gear where i must begin to relayer (atm have 3 Skirt,Pants and Shoes). I have made and Excel Sheet beause nobody can hold 10000 values in Mind with caps and so on without loosing the road :)

I need to replace 2 more Mistvale Items because in 2 Months i can´t wear them any longer :(

Therefore i started to buy wep that i level myself to fit into my excel sheet.

But the market is so confuseing that i started this Topic.(Some people want 200-300k for a 3x14 other what 500k + :verymad:)

But i think that the formula, to build a base price works good, like culichi confirmed
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Don't be too locked in to needing the right weapon for relayering. If you plan to end up at 17 relayers then you will have more than enough points to cover everything you want eventually.
Even if you only plan on some weapon relayers and the rest SOT's, you're pretty well covered.

Start with a decent, but common weapon. Something that you can trade or sell later on.

For me, Cavorting Club. Cheap, decent resists, no arti tag to worry about. Decent first relayer imo.

I'm sure there will be other suggestions.
Character name: Ebony
Lan
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Lan »

Annachie wrote: For me, Cavorting Club. Cheap, decent resists, no arti tag to worry about. Decent first relayer imo.
Hi Annachie,

yes thats right Cavorting Club is a great alternative when all other offers i get are to äähm crazy high :mrgreen:

Because Cavorting Club cost only 75k :D