Mocha event ! 6/28

Name says it all
+Mocha
Expert Scribe

Mocha event ! 6/28

Post by +Mocha »

So currently I have it in mind to hold the event on 6/28 at 6 pm CST, This event is open to all players and will mark my original staffing date. ( I have two since I went on a hiatus for a bit) but way back when. In the old days when Excelsior was young I started staffing here in 2010. So I will not be throwing a party since my idea of happiness is the mass slaughter of innocent players. Do not fret though, for gear shall be provided . I will have a few rules. They are as follows.

No pets! This includes mounts. To insure that this rule is followed there will be a strip gate in place.
So why am I bothering typing the rule out? Mostly because people need to know I never allow pets at my events. Never.

Be kind to each other, this is actually my number 1 rule. Players need to be resurrected please do so. Trust me you won't be losing out on anything because you took a moment to help someone out.

No claiming of mob corpses, do not run an auto claim. You will get nothing.
If you run an auto claimer and get nothing , do not whine about it. You have been warned that it is against the rules.

You must stay until the end of the event to claim a reward bag.

Please be on time for the event, there will be a limited amount of time that the gate will be open to accept players into the event area. The reason for this is so I can make last moment adjustments to account for how many people show up.

Sometimes this go wrong, it happens. If that is the case I will do my best to fix it so we can continue having fun .

As my RL can be a little unpredictable , please watch for updates on this thread in case I need to change the event day or time. :D
It is also quite late where I am right now so I am sure there are things I have forgotten to put in here.

As always, have fun!

+Mocha
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Re: Mocha event ! 6/28

Post by Gaara »

+Mocha wrote: 6/28 at 6 pm CST
= 12 am/00:00 shard time :P

i'd appreciate it a lot if all GM events were announced in shard time too (:
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Thankyou Gaara.

Saves me trying to work it out :)

So 6 days 12 hours away?
Character name: Ebony
ForrestElf
Expert Scribe

Post by ForrestElf »

Its in the middle of the night! and right away this starts to play in my mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu2Adu42s34
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

That made me giggle - the mass slaughter of innocent players :lool:
+Mocha
Expert Scribe

Post by +Mocha »

If I post in UTC, someone always complains that they don't know what that means in such and such time zone hence I usually try and post at least two. In this case I was really really sleepy already and I forgot to make sure there were two time references . So ...to help everyone out I am going to give you this handy dandy little link. So you never have to do maths again! Well not really but you know what I mean.

Seriously this is very helpful in telling time verses time in different areas or calculations. Not to mention confusions about what UTC, CST,EST etc means. In the case of my above post CST referred to central standard time and 6 pm a an okish middle ground , early enough for EST players and maybe late enough for PST players. Course, its a horrible time for our Aussie players and actually a great deal of Europe but I digress. I cant do a time that's great for everyone.
Anyway this way no matter what silly time zone initials we use , you the player will be able to understand exactly what we are talking about! Us silly staff members are not even in the same time zones ( but we do use UTC mostly) I wont even get into DST! :lol:

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/
+Mocha
Expert Scribe

Post by +Mocha »

The last time I ran this event it took hours to finish, people walked away with some unique items and much fun was had. This time however, you will still have a chance for unique items, but I am providing the gear so that it is fun for all and not just those who can afford the deaths. So YES it is younger player friendly....ish . The monsters are not going to blow you a kiss or anything. Might chomp your head off but you wont have to worry about insurance eating up your meager savings . I figured I would just that out there since my events tend to be for younger players or older players but this time I am showing love for both. It is simple, you go in and it starts easy and gets progressively harder . Kind of like life.
We will be meeting on top of Moonglow bank. Gate will open for aprox 10 min, after that it will be closed .
robinw40
Apprentice Scribe

Post by robinw40 »

It will be fun time , thank you for doing the event!

Que
mineiro
Adept Scribe

Post by mineiro »

Is the event on for today??
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Postpone it for 30 mins???? I wont be home from work till 7:15 eastern. The right coast :) Hope yall have a great time...ill catch the next one ..
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

I am about to get my oldest son into the kitchen and show him how to finish up dinner, hehehe Due to the heat, we now eat around 7p.m., CST

YAY +MOCHA!!! :dance
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
+Mocha
Expert Scribe

Post by +Mocha »

Hope to see everyone there! Those that can not be, I hope to find you can at the next one.