Beehive changes

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Beehive changes

Post by +Arden »

We have made a minor change to the beehive...
Beehive
Beehive
a2a931e83b0d4293bf6613f82602c4ef.png (49.44 KiB) Viewed 8941 times
When you try and add the cure potion to the hive this is what will come up, its a new system for the hive and is currently in testing, the circled areas are where youre supposed to click to apply the potion, if you miss the hive will be considered disturbed and you will still have to add the potions.

Summary:
click on gray clusters to add cure potions to hive, dont miss
Sadie McKee
Adept Scribe

Re: Beehive changes

Post by Sadie McKee »

Not sure if some of us who are either color blind or can't see very well the bee change will work for us. I for one have a hard time seeing the circles now :( I don't like to complain but its just an opinion.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Like some other things before, we checked this with a color blindness simulator and it seems to be ok for most cases of colorblindness, only problem is those with achromatopsia - total color blindness, which is supposedly very rare.

Here's an image without the red circles, I think it's nicely visible where you need to click.

I noticed however that the grey spot can be completely on the edge and it's very hard to see then. We'll tweak that.
pour gump.png
pour gump.png (22.45 KiB) Viewed 8818 times
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Isaac Newton
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Isaac Newton »

Just a warning, if you don't hit the right blob of grey, it eats your keg. Whole thing. Help ticket is in for that.
Isaac Newton

What sad times are these when passing ruffians can say ‘Ni’ at will to old ladies.
Ashrael
Passer by

Post by Ashrael »

Isaac Newton wrote:Just a warning, if you don't hit the right blob of grey, it eats your keg. Whole thing. Help ticket is in for that.
Yup tested and confirmed. I lost 4 Kegs and didn't have enough Kegs left to finish my beehive =/.
TooTuff
Passer by

Post by TooTuff »

whoa...i picked a horrible time to start beekeeping....:(
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

I don't understand the point of this change to beehives except that it makes tending hives even more annoying to non scripters . I dont know how to write scripts but seems to me if someone could write script for the old hive gump they should be able to do same for this one. sorry if im coming off like a whiner and if you tell me theres a reason for this that will become clear eventually ill take your word for it but for now im puzzled why youd make an already annoying task even more annoying.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

We're restarting in about an hour and this keg eating bug will be fixed (along with another technical issue unrelated to beehives).

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Leng7881
Passer by

Post by Leng7881 »

Before the last restart I got to do my beehives, if all of the slots required clicks like the heal one does then I think bees would go a lot faster for us non-scripters. it's 1 good click instead of 1-5 clicks, and the click area is actually larger... I could be wrong, but this seems like a good for players thing.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Just restarted the server, the diseased spot is now easier to see, also if you click on the wrong spot it will no longer eat the whole potion keg, only that potion or take 1 use out from the keg (this was a bug).

We made this change because it's more logical and aesthetic (diseased spots on the hive, rather than some red circles on top of it). This should also be much harder to script. With the red dots, after a while, macros were developed to tend hives even with the red dots. It's a rather tedious thing to do, but yields mostly a good amount of gold. This change should even out the playing field between those who just ran a macro, and those who actually do the hives like intended.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
randyj
Journeyman Scribe

Post by randyj »

When applying the potion, what does it mean when it says "One more to go" after applying correctly? Am I supposed to apply another one?
A Nugget a day keeps the doctors away.
In game name : Nugget
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Yes, as long as there are dark grey batches, click it. If the hive requires just 1 cure potion, there will be just one grey batch. If it needs 2, there will be 2 grey batches (they might even overlap, so it will appear as if there's just one, which you have to pour on twice).

(Old Colibrian proverb)
randyj
Journeyman Scribe

Post by randyj »

Ok thank you. However, I am having to put 2 potions on every one even if it only needs 1 potion then because it has said it for every cure potion I have put on, but they have all only been yellow. If that is how it is supposed to be then that's fine, I just wanted to make sure. :)
A Nugget a day keeps the doctors away.
In game name : Nugget
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Just tried the new bees. Doesn't look like I will be able to do them anymore. Yes I ran a macro, but not for laziness, it's because I can't do the all clicking. That is the intention of all scripts, for me at least. Why script if you cant afk? To save your hands of course! :D
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

We'll likely remove the old red dot pour gump, and have this new grey spot pour gump only on two of the 5 potions, so it will actually be less clicking.

(Old Colibrian proverb)