Blaze of Death opinionated opinions

Name says it all
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Blaze of Death opinionated opinions

Post by [Glyph] »

I am currently leveling a Blaze and wanted some input. My Blaze is currently level 29. I have added spell damage to 20, mana leech to 25 and hit energy area to 6. I have discussed with one player who days to add stats and regens to it. I have spoke with others that say under no circumstances should stats be added, it should be only a dmg weapon, so add all hits. I lean toward the second path. What do folks have on theirs? Comments and opinions welcome.
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Re: Blaze of Death opinionated opinions

Post by Octavius Thorn »

my opinion? I stopped using it after 3 months being here.. Get yourself a decent 3 or 4 x 46 decent base and don't even bother with that overhyped wep
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

The blaze makes a fine weapon, and I still use it for champs. I would listen to the person that said go for hits. If I remember right, I did energy area to 50, then lightning to 50. Would have to look where I spent the rest, but probably SDI, RPD, and/or strength.

Once you get a few relayers you don't really need the mana leech, and until then you can use wraith form.

Ultimately, there is no best. It all depends on your playstyle, and capabilities. Not to mention the resists of the monsters you're fighting.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

I have a leveled blaze of death that i use for champ candle raising, it will remain my champ candle raising weapon until the random number generator gives me the unicorn drop that would do the same purpose better (6 years waiting)

keep that in mind. the primary use for a blaze of death is offensive, so spellhits, mana leech, aoe spells would be the way to go.

HOWEVER
the person who gave you advice about stats and regens was not entirely wrong either, many players have gone that direction and made great pieces of armor out of a blaze of death, went on to live semi-happy lives, with only mild ridicule and looks of scorn and disdain. (kidding). it works, its a standard weapon relayer level (hp and str levels) so it means it is 3hp less than a bonecrusher, levels rediculously fast, therefore making it NOT a stupid choice for a relayer.

so in conclusiong although weapon makes alot of sense, you can go the other way and live a fully enriched life.

Its all about what is most fun to you.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
mineiro
Adept Scribe

Post by mineiro »

Hi, I just wanted to share my build of the Blaze:
20% Cold Area
10% Energy Area
60% Fire Area
60% Fireball
41% Lightning
10% Physical Area
10% Poison Area
SDI 20%

And I really enjoy it , giving me great speed in raising candles in any champ as Yoda mentioned.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Thanks for the input. I added the mana leech because I only have 85 mana. All the info helps. Very much appreciated.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

It varies.

As a low power character, adding strength/dex and regens isn't unreasonable. Especially if you do it with an eye to relayering it at a later date.

At middle level you'd then start a new one based around what you specifically need it for.

At Yoda level, chances are you're replacing it anyway.
Character name: Ebony
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

In would consider myself a mid level player. No relayers yet but I have over 220 Dex and some decent gear.
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

try wraith form.
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

[Glyph] wrote:In would consider myself a mid level player. No relayers yet but I have over 220 Dex and some decent gear.

Um... as far as I know, generally the shard considers it "mid-level" when you have around 4-6 relayers. So I'm mid-level. (I'm drawing this from the definition of who was invited to playtest the new areas.)
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

Basically before your even Mid lvl range the blaze becomes niche champ only for many not all of course. For me early on I found for a few hundred k a 4x 46 with area effect on it, it is now still a wep I use consistently even though I have a nice collection of weps. I turned it in into 7x46 destroyer of everything lol. The point I'm trying to make is sure that 2 hit base for the blaze looks real good now but long term try to find something with a lot more to work with. :)
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

If anything I'd suggest building it as a relayer since it lvls up so fast :)
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Always looking for a great weapon. This does really well for me at the beginning of champs. And I guess I am still a lowly low level player :(. Thanks Kara for hurting my feelings. Oh, wait. I don't have feelings, so No Worries!!! 8)
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I think the best champ weapon is a taskmaster changed to a haliber... its my fav and probably always will be...

for this weapon you need to decide if it will be your forever(ish) AOE weapon (or also one you will give to your bio) and if it is just put hits on it spells and AOE I recommend. if you will use it for a while but then relayer it to a piece of armor some day I'd avoid hits and add 8 dex, str and intel max out stam, mana and HP regens and point increases.

Since you already added 20 Sdi I would consider making9 it a relayer... just my 2 cents.
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

SDI doesn't have a cap though, so it's useful on everything. The more SDI you have, the betterer.