oops you linked the wrong video :geek:
here is the correct one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LonKGuS9uuQ

your welcome 8)
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Post by +Requiem »

lilbear68 wrote:bottom line it always falls back to 'its my rules my ball and if I don't like it im going home'
or your going to be banned or jail, instead if a little discretion its always 'the hammer'
I have actually seen snoop use that word and the word dizzle and I have always wondered what a literal translation of them are because if its a black term and one gets in trouble for using these then is it racism? cultural appropriation? personal interpretation of that the word meaning or what it actually implies? I have heard it used on big bang theory and snoop used it when he was on with martha stewart and that's pretty clean cut stuff

First off, words do not belong to anyone, or any group/ethnicity/culture. They cannot be "owned". Cultural appropriation does not exist, except in the minds of some extreme political agendas. A word cannot be offensive if one person uses it, and acceptable if another person does. That's just ignorance. Just because the FTC hasn't yet banned it from TV, doesn't mean we're not quicker adapting here on Excelsior.

Google it. What's the very first things that come up?

I would suggest if you dislike the rules here, then go somewhere else. You're still playing here for a reason. We're still number 1 for a reason. People leave and then come back (multiple times) for a reason. Perhaps it's our enforcement of such rules that people enjoy.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

personally I am just here because I was promised cake and a free hat, not sure about any rules etc.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Rahr
Elder Scribe

Post by Rahr »

*crams handful of popcorn into face with massive stupid grin*
MarkM
Expert Scribe

Post by MarkM »

I'm just curious I have a bad mouth in real.. The filter catches everything I say and it's never on purpose will I get chat banned if the filter catches it? Or does that only work if I say something outside the filter and it gets reported?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Only if you get around the filter, though if we notice the filter caught something you tried to say in wc you're likely to get a reminder to be careful. Content matters as well as language, though, so keep that in mind. :)
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

MarkM wrote:I'm just curious I have a bad mouth in real.. The filter catches everything I say and it's never on purpose will I get chat banned if the filter catches it? Or does that only work if I say something outside the filter and it gets reported?
It really depends on the context of the conversation leading up to the violation, and what exactly you said. My advice is just don't try to sneak one by us, and you'll probably be fine. Some people like to try to push the envelope, and while it may work sometimes, you're bound to eventually get caught and reprimanded.

One person tried getting out of a punishment by claiming they were singing a song. The lyrics matched up, but due to the context they used those lyrics in, it was an obvious attempt to circumvent the chat filter, and gripe about their own recent death. (In fact, I think the whole song was meant to circumvent the FCCs rules by attempting to be clever about it).
andl2ea
Journeyman Scribe

Post by andl2ea »

Rules stated in Codex, punished accordingly, seems like an open and shut case to me *shrugs*
As much as I like the people involved in this topic you know what you can and cant say. You cant be surprised when punishment comes along even if you think the word you used isnt justifiable enough for it. The word used is a form of a cuss word that isnt allowed....duh lol. +R has repeatedly reminded us lately about this. Now lets all hug and pet puppies or something :D
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales
Monsanto
Novice Scribe

Post by Monsanto »

I like the WC rules the way they are. There is no need to use foul language in world chat when you have people of all different ages reading it. As stated many times before, send a pm if you need to use cursing to get your point across. There's no place for it in WC. If you're intent on circumnavigating the rules to swear then your world chat privileges get revoked, couldn't get any simpler. #endthread
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

The justice system in America is JUST LIKE EXCELSIOR. Last year I was being tried for blocking someone at Wal Mart from escaping the self pay aisle resulting in the death of the person. My intentions were good, I thought I was doing something innocent. Well, the courts looked at my American Citizen account logs and found that the other person was actually following me around snooping my basket (they were stealthing so I did not know this) and I was found innocent and given an American shirt of Honesty with +1 luck because during the who shababoggle I discovered an exploit related to one of the products I was buying and reported it to President Trump's top advisor. So, THERE.

If anyone has a problem with my experience, who cares. It's completely within the rules.

Seriously... I mean SERIOUSLY. Step away from the pc, eat something wholesome, return and read the rules. Then comprehend the rules of this private server owned by SOMEONE ELSE who is entitled to create those rules. Then play the game with out getting so bored that we have to come across lame subjects like this in the forums. :nod:

BTW, I was happily reading the forums until now. I stopped browsing when I started coming across threads that mirror the same kind of kiddy issues we see all of the time in WC. If someone walks into my house cursing or even referencing low-life lingo in front of my kid, I kick them out immediately and they are banned from coming back - for good. No arguments. The people I like to be around know better and are a bit more mature. Arguing about it only escalates the situation, and NEVER goes in the favor of the guest. Same concept here. This is someone's private property, and they share it with people in good faith that they would know some manners. I see this ALL OF THE TIME by the kids that play here in WC, and IMO the staff are EXTREMELY lenient toward the matter. So suck it up and play on. If that cannot be done, then just move on. Being James Dean is no longer in style BTW.
...Dimiir Borgu