Changelogs - Winter 2018

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

Changelogs - Winter 2018

Post by +Colibri »

January 4th
FIX Aquarium reward bug
FIX Issue with setting date values to objects with staff commands
FIX Brush couldn't be added with staff command.
FIX Bug with chopping down sculptures (e.g. ice witch, oogie boogie, grinder).

The restart came with a bit longer downtime to investigate a memory leak, the search was unsuccessful though.

January 9th
With this restart we applied a ton of additions & fixes in the Elysium development. If we got it right, you shouldn't notice any changes. So in effect, there's no changelog to publish at this point.

January 11th
FIX Bracelet of Sha'am can now be insured or blessed.
FIX Issue with crafting items with special materials, products not getting the material's color, and issue with using the machine repair kit (these got broken with the last update)
FIX Spelling of "Petrified" on spell caster's key.
FIX Minor issue with watering crops by targeting the land tile that they grow in.

January 17th
CHANGE Feeding bucket will only feed pets that are ordered to Stay. Players have left pets wandering in a small room with the bucket inside, but the pet walked too far away from the bucket and stopped feeding.
CHANGE Hireables can no longer be bonded.
CHANGE Unitub will no longer dye housegates to the natural hue (applies only to gates that link with the housegate area).
FIX Grave digger's shovel no longer works on house addons that contain grave tiles.
FIX Captain blackheart's fishing pole - name didn't show properly.
FIX Unitub exploit that made it possible to use a reserved hue.
FIX Wax refiner machine repair - another issue that caused it to be non-repairable.
FIX New craft system didn't trigger wearing-out on the bonus crafting gear that has tenacity (uses).
FIX Fishing bait could not be attached to fishing poles.
FIX Removed several remaining Corn Crops that had an infinite supply. Corrected a glitched message that is shown when harvesting crops.

There is also a reported issue of some players having negative veteran spending points. That bug has already been fixed, so it should not occur for any other players (other than those who already reported it). The issue is still there due to corrupt data, which I plan to address later in the day.

January 31st
ADD Tailor BOD revamp. Discussion thread: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=69411#p69411
CHANGE Bag of resouces can now hold Grade-A-Logs
FIX PowerscrollBag now consumes just one blue diamond per use, not the whole stack.
FIX Internal errors in Alcohol and Potion buffs.
FIX IronwoodCrown changed to a helm piece (it was incorrectly defined & shown as a chest piece)
FIX Fishing bait was not possible to be removed from a fishing rod in certain situations.
FIX Unitub didn't allow dying of housegates to any hue (not just hue 0). Added the same restriction to regular tubs.

February 1st
We've fixed a few issues reported in the first day of using the updated Tailor BOD system.
FIX Salvage bag issue
FIX Sealant of durability bug
FIX Powder of temperament issue
FIX Scissoring bones bug
FIX Crafting coins stacking issue
FIX Craftarium Menu minor bug (menu didn't open in a specific situation)

February 26th
UNDO PowerScrollBook upgrade that was accidentially added from development.
FIX Weapons now display their Reduced Ammo Bonus
FIX Metal chests can be dyed with the metal dyetub
FIX Account bound items were possible to be put on player vendors in certain conditions.
FIX Exploit that made it possible for a player to delete certain items.
FIX Item appearance change deed can now work on items that are equipped (to allow for changing to a lit torch/lantern/candle)
FIX Grammar in Luck deed & Bless deed
FIX BOD vendors no longer say "you can get a BOD now" while you are on a temporal bod requester cooldown.
ADD Master BOD Requester added refresh button
CHANGE Gargoyle's and Master's knife now give scales & meat upon carving a corpse.

March 14th
FIX An old bug in the core that occasionally resulted in odd events, usually in combination with the XmlSpawner system.
UPGRADE Parrot deed now also remembers parrot's name & hue.
FIX Issue with personal spawner animals getting booted out of the house.
FIX Stocked Bar south (St. Patrick's quest) fixed overlapping items.

March 28th
This is a large batch of miscellaneous improvements that were in coding throughout March.

UPGRADE Resource Keys and Tool House - menu allows taking out a specified amount, code reworked & simplified
UPGRADE World teleporter - easier-to-notice teleporters on the ground, better menu and handling, improved teleport animation effect
CHANGE New players now get 150 free skill points instead of 5 free skills to learn.
ADD Ability to add to commodity deeds: ointments, organics, druid reagents, food
UPGRADE Cleric spells now available as a spellbook. Cleric spells with a duration now show a buff in the [buffs bar. The cleric spellbook and spell scrolls can be purchased at any Healer - this is a temporary solution, they will likely drop from some mob or be available through a quest.
UGPRADE Druid spellbook improved handling.
UPGRADE Stabled pets menu completely reworked to be much more user friendly.
ADD Balron killer achievement
ADD Uncontrollable pets now also give you a message that you cannot control them (before they just made a barely-noticable animation and sound)
UPGRADE Hairstylist gump completely reworked to be user friendly, allows the change of your followers' hair and beard.
UPGRADE Excelsior Guards can now tell you which NPCs are in this town and point you in their direction, making NPCs much easier to find.
FIX The Collector quest that requires Rainbow pearl.
UPGRADE Powerscroll book menu.
FIX Logs can now also be cut into boards by doubleclicking an axe and targeting the logs.
UPGRADE After resurrecting, items that you had equipped (and was insured or blessed, is in your backpack at the time of resurrect) is automatically equipped to your character.
UPGRADE GOC quest collector - when trying to fill a new collector, it also shows the exact duration you have to wait until you can do it again.
UPGRADE Chat system information messages: when a chatbanned player tries to use the chat system, they get the message notifying them until when the chat ban is in effect. Attempting to PM a player that has turned off chat, is ignoring you, or is chatbanned, will no longer appear as if that player doesn't exist, but will give you a message that "the player is banned from chat, is ignoring you, or has turned off the chat system"
UPGRADE Runes marked within houses can now be used to recall to that exact spot in the house. This only works for runes that are marked after this upgrade became active on the server, and for houses that have this enabled in the Security menu.
CHANGE Exex now only accepts items that can actually be traded, as stackable/quantifiable balance. It still allows an additional 25 items, the items are available in the "My Items" folder - this is where all non-stackable/non-quantifiable items go, as well as stackable items that aren't tradeable over exex. It's intended for trading, not all-round unlimited storage

April 6th
FIX Recalling to a spot that is currently occupied with a world teleporter will still work.
FIX Sand is now stackable.
FIX Error with dyetubs.
FIX Misc fixes regarding the March 28th upgrades. Runes
CHANGE Bag of resources now accepts sand and granite.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Re: Changelogs - Winter 2018

Post by dreamstalker »

Found the memory leak....its on both sides of my head lol. Yall keep up the awesome work..
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

We just had a restart with a few minor issues. Most importantly, the reported bugs of crafted items no longer getting the color of the resource, and machine repair not working - these were results of bugs within Elysium development.

There's a lot of bugs reported in our ticket system, I plan on going thru as many as possible during next week, so there should be a long list of things posted before the weekend.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bumping for today's restart, changlog is published.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
AKAWilbur
Passer by

Post by AKAWilbur »

CHANGE Feeding bucket will only feed pets that are ordered to Stay. Players have left pets wandering in a small room with the bucket inside, but the pet walked too far away from the bucket and stopped feeding.
Had my feeding bucket for a few months now & never had an issue before with pets "wandering" or getting out of the range of the bucket... But now I notice any time a mob wanders close, my pets (on a stay command) will un-stay & stop using the feeding bucket... I have my feeding bucket locked down at my trainer, but have not enclosed the area... Do I have to enclose the training area now or is there another solution?
Absynthe Silvis
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Changelogs - Winter 2018

Post by Honus »

+Colibri, I have negative veteran spending points and I should have lots of points. I have a ticket open. Can someone look into it for me?

Thanks!
Hereck
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for Jan 31st update.

@Honus - sorry for not getting that issue fixed yet. I see your help request too.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for Feb 26th update. I was ill for the last 3 weeks so this has been a rather slow month, but Arden made a few fixes that were reported regarding the Tailor BOD upgrade. We also have some other code scripted that needs to go through the regular procedure and should come out in a week or two.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for March 28th update. Please keep in mind that the change to Exex restrictions are still pending to be activated, should be in the next few days or a week.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Athena Tenebris
Grandmaster Scribe

World Teleporter Change feedback

Post by Athena Tenebris »

Hello,

I am not sure why the change to the world teleport was necessary. The animation effect is kind of nice; but the changes to the names is not a good one in my opinion.

Seeing the places to Teleport to were much easier before the change. The one especially noticeable one is Malas - for Magda. That yellow font all blends together and you can barely make out the words to where you are going. I am sure it is probably even worse for someone not with great eyesight.

Anyway's just my opinion that the names should revert; or at the very least change that yellow font. Though I do feel the rest of them look weird to me also.

Thanks for listening.
erised_faylen
Master Scribe

Post by erised_faylen »

Heya +C. So like i mentioned earlier the pickaxes aren't going into the toolhouse. They still drop into exex and pull out fine though. Also i was wondering why the update was not applied to runic toolhouses? currently there is no way to pull out runic tools in certain charge amounts out of toolhouse, and you can't drop them into exex, so this update would be REALLY useful for that :)

thanks for listening and thanks for the great updates!
Terra
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Terra »

IMHO changes to the world teleporter are BAD! The fancy blue stuff may look okish for the first couple teleports, but after that they are annoying. But that would be ignorable if there was not additional wait time while u teleport. Now the teleport takes 2-3 times more time to complete. On top of that when u teleport and hold the right mouse button to run in a direction u can glitch your hero. The hero will be sown at one place while he is staying on another tile. There should be an option for each player to choose for himself to see the blue animation, or not - like the footprints - optional.
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

With todays Keys and Toolhouse changes you can no longer open multiple key rings/toolhouse. They overwrite each other.

Not sure if intended, but didnt see it mentioned.

Carz
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
nlparent
Passer by

Post by nlparent »

Did today's changes take the vendor site down, or is that just coincidental?
Erth
Expert Scribe

Post by Erth »

I guess I'll be the one to break the chain about the world teleporter changes. I like them a lot and, honestly, anything beats the old teleport sound. I like that there is an animation for it now, the world teleporter item needed one. I'm a big fan of all of these changes, especially the GoC collectors getting a timer and the Cleric spellbook.. Though it's not here just yet. :)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round