[Pics]UO Automap (UOAM) Black Screen Fix!

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Controlled Chaos
Expert Scribe

[Pics]UO Automap (UOAM) Black Screen Fix!

Post by Controlled Chaos »

Now, it seems that this isn't quite common knowledge, but UOAM isn't completely dead. The program is still hosted on it's original site in it's last updated version, available for download. Best part is, it's completely free. Now, when I downloaded it and tried to run it, I was frustrated to run into a black map screen with no player tracking what-so-ever.

After some poking around with the settings, I found my problem.
After clicking this, I realized it was pointed to the wrong install directory. UOAM was trying to read map files that wern't were it thought they should be.

A simple fix, and UOAM is working GREAT!

Hopefully this helps someone else here and encourages more players to get onto the Excelsior UOAM Server. It could be a great utility if more of us used it. :nod:
+Osiris
Legendary Scribe

Re: [Pics]UO Automap (UOAM) Black Screen Fix!

Post by +Osiris »

Thank you for posting this Controlled Chaos, It's information like this that will help others in the future.

Problems can have to everyone, Just no one really seems to post if they fix things like this, When it can help others.

Thanks again.
+Osiris : Game Master :
Keep up to date on shard rules. Click HERE
Nashram
Passer by

Post by Nashram »

Chaos you're awesome man. Thanks for responding to the panic button. :)
Controlled Chaos
Expert Scribe

Post by Controlled Chaos »

My pleasure guys. Anything that helps other people play easier and focus on the fun of the game is worthwhile. :D