Just wondering what relayers people actually use.

Name says it all

What relayers do you have?

Spirit Of The Totem Relayered
No votes
Bone Crusher Relayered
23%
Bone Crusher and Spirit Of The Totem Relayered
23%
Relayers But Not Spirit Of The Totem Or Bone Crusher
18%
Titan Hammer Relayered
3%
Titan Hammer And Spirit Of The Totem Relayered
10%
No Relayers
23%

Total votes: 39

Nikki
Novice Scribe

Re: Just wondering what relayers people actually use.

Post by Nikki »

All I know is, the sheep still pick on me with Bone Crusher relayers... :(
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

The value or worth of a relayer is personal preference. I started out with resist relayers for shirt and kilt. Built up some more other random relayers, Then at a certain point, deciding which slot to relayer next i realized that a random non cookie cutter relayer wouldn't do much for me, for the price. For 500ed plus the wep, and leveling it and replacing for instance a 8/8/8 piece of jewelry was only going to give me 8 hp and not much else, because i was capped on most other things. So instead, i decided to start replacing my non cookie cutter relayers with Bone Crushers, and SoTs. So I did BC's first. You can farm a BC up without too much difficulty, then wep change it and level it. When ready decide which of one you want to replace then sell it. I got around 600 ed for my used relayers, so the BC relayer cost me roughly 100 ed when all done. Plus my time for doing all that of course. Reason I did the BC's first was I didn't want to sacrifice too much Dex. When I was comfortable with my Dex, i did the SoTs, which are much easier of course, no wep change, or leveling. Farm one up, sell old relayer for 600 ed, relayer the SoT, for 500, and i made back the 100 ed I spent on the BC. Now remembering I was already relayered up, and comfortable with my character, i was able to waste the time to do this. It took time patience, and A LOT of balancing and planning but to me was worth it. A lot of the time, I had no points spent on some the BCs i was wearing for future planning lol. With the SoTs, Mist Cloak, SGail legs, and GoC, chest I managed to even replace my resist relayers. So all my relayers are BCs, or SoTs, and when i finally decided I didnt need the last few points on a given relayer, I would calculate where I would need resists in the future (For when i replace GoC Chest for instance) and add the last few points into specific resists.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

I didn't read all that asmodean I am not into getting into a debate with you, this is the bottom line, I can put all of this crap to the test show you absolutely it makes little to no difference to your damage, show you by how much, and do that till i am blue in the face and you will still tell me its worth it.

as for "all bone crushers" they were made when they were much cheaper and last I checked, 7 or 8 of 17 is not "all"

and yes, strangely 50k vs 10mill is a significant difference to where I call it cheaper then.

you obviously like them, enjoy buddy. it makes no difference to me, or your damage. I am not saying anything that should cause you to debate this so hard. If you can't deal with the fact that 12 points of damage over a full suit of relayers is insignificant, then I can't fix that, nor do I want to have extended conversations about it.

wear all bonecrushers, wear all titan's hammers, heck relayer all butcher's resolve..
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Miranda Ventrata wrote:A lot of the time, I had no points spent on some the BCs i was wearing for future planning lol. With the SoTs, Mist Cloak, SGail legs, and GoC, chest I managed to even replace my resist relayers. So all my relayers are BCs, or SoTs, and when i finally decided I didnt need the last few points on a given relayer, I would calculate where I would need resists in the future (For when i replace GoC Chest for instance) and add the last few points into specific resists.
I was laboring under the impression that you had to spend the points before you relayered the item. I am glad to hear this part. It will make a difference in what to choose.

So my next question is, how much dex is actually necessary? 220 dex gives you insta heal, 237 stamina gives you max swing speed (and can be had rather quickly with the additional pts on a relayer) but is there too much of a good thing? I know that dex is not capped but is there a practical point to this? Will I be able to run faster than I would if mounted? Will I attack any faster (I thought this was a component of swing speed for the weapon type), can the Flash be too fast or is it a bragging rights thing? I have 500 dex and you cant touch this!!! Dah, nah nah nah! :lool: I get the decreasing returns on regens and assume that one would relayer enough to max them all then look at perhaps SoT's to finish out.

On the topic of SoT's, if you go with 5 SoT, does that not decrease the RPD you have on the other relayers? I know resists are capped at 70 and you will still get hit but if you resist more physical damage, do you need more RPD to counteract/ increase the damage done when you do get hit? Looking for the balance point.

My personal play style is to get toe to toe with the critter and then run my mouth in World Chat while doing so. I would like to not have to worry about dying while fighting and am not too concerned with saving the extra 1.25 seconds to kill a Bally. Higher str =higher hp and higher dmg. This will obviously help to not die and to survive those Mortal Strikes and resource elementals a bit easier. Again, looking at balance and price/ time requirements. If I have to change a BC then level it or pay someone else to level it prices get quite ridiculous. All that aside, if you have the time, gold and inclination to do an entire set of BC relayers then have at it.

I apologize for the apparent hijacking of the thread with these questions. I don't want to have to go back and do things unnecessarily because I didn't ask enough questions. Also, hopefully the answers will help out others that are nearing this point as well.
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

Yoda wrote:I didn't read all that asmodean
Obviously.
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

Glyph,

You won't attack faster, but you will attack at max speed longer if you have a buffer. Swing speed should also help with this buffer.

I have 13 relayers and 5 SoTs, and my regens are: 7.9 hp/sec, 15.9 stamina / second, and 10.3 mana/ second. Not sure on the math, but that's fully fed, and what the buff bar is telling me.

You do lose out on several things, regens included if you go with SoTs. Again, it comes down to a personal choice. more hp/damage, or other stuff.

If I remember correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong), the way RPD works is if you get hit for 100, and you have 100% RPD, you also hit the mob for 100. If you had 110 RPD, the mob would hit you for 100, and you would hit it for 110. So, the more the merrier. Also, in the extreme case of min/maxing, when you have all those hit points, you would want to lower your own resists, so that the monster hit you harder, and you would hit it harder by reflecting more than 100% of the damage.

I don't play that though, and just maxed out my resists.

The 1.25 seconds thing was just an example, and mileage will vary depending on any number of factors. I think it makes a difference, Yoda does not. Find a 3rd and 4th person, and they may have their own, completely different takes on it.

I started off with a wind's edge before I decided to go the bone crusher route. What made me decide was I didn't want to do it twice or more. So, I paid the extra gold, and did it once. Now, I'm working on slowly replacing my bone crushers with titan's hammers. So, I guess better 2 times than 3.

There is probably nothing I could do with 12 bone-crusher relayers + 5 SoTs (I left out totem on purpose), that you couldn't handle with 12 non-bone crusher relayers. This may or may not change with the new content coming out, but we won't know til we know.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Absolutely, you could grab 17 skinning knives from the blacksmithy npc, level and relayer them, spend the points the same as me, and STILL fight everything that I do, including new lands. The only real difference between 0 relayers, and a full set, is how often you will get one shotted. (Assuming you have 220 dex in both situations) I recall there is a monster that hits for 1000+ damage, so yes you can still die with full relayers. Anything in between is just making your life slightly easier, as you add things. I was getting killed in Fel TKeep, with 220 dex. I replaced something, was a later one so it wasn't that huge of a change, and voila no more death. So it isnt ONLY hp that makes a difference in not dying, i recall at the time, the theory was the little extra DCI, and Regen, that kept me up long enough to get through. Nothing was killing me by itself, it was them all simultaneously smacking me that was killing me.
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Shindaril »

Asmodean wrote: The 1.25 seconds thing was just an example, and mileage will vary depending on any number of factors. I think it makes a difference, Yoda does not. Find a 3rd and 4th person, and they may have their own, completely different takes on it.
Now this is the real "trap" of relayers - Personal preferences. One player tells you do this and another tells you do that. It's you as a player, who has to make the final decision on what you want.

----

Onto the topic. I would love having full Titan's / Ancient Titan's (I believe the improved ones are called) however that won't be happening to most of us. I have been away from the game for a good while now, but I still do think that while it doesn't really matter which items to use as the base of your relayers, some items, such as Bone Crushers and Spirit of Totems, do give you an advantage over others in form of Str. Now, it takes roughly nine relayers to max out about every stat you might want to, including resists assuming you're aiming for high yield of Str, filling in with SoTs and are willing to use some spells to cover up the remaining 5 of each elemental...Or add in another non SoT. This is just the way I figured out things in my own plan, using it here only as an example.

Now, What if you really wish to max out your Str, for example? Would you be doing it by sacrificing on other stats and adding in more SoTs as you probably cannot get Titan's? Perhaps. Or you might look at the Enchanced Potions and be willing to take off your shield every two minutes to gulp down a g-strenght potion (or using a script/macro to automate this)? Or are you instead aiming to increase your reflected damage when discarding Defense Chance Increase, using a shield with high level Bushido skill and even Enemy Of One'ing some mob you're not fighting to increase the damage you take so you reflect more? Of course, the latter example does require the hit points to survive it all, but is still a method I know many have or are still using.

In the end, it all comes down to your own preferences and goals as for as long as no rare base items are counted for, the price of the relayer versus it's functionality in your eyes is all that matters. Affording it is simply a matter of time and endurance to obtain the coins.

---

The only true advice I can give is already given in this thread. Sit down, work out your own goal and write it down. Take a moment, a break, whatever you need to plan your relayers one by one all the way to the end. This will save you time and coins in the end...Or until you want to go after those Titan's.

My own original plan included nine Bone Crushers and seven SoTs to max out on Str / HP, but I started playing around with ideas later on, decided to give out on 2 Str for natural SSI on one relayer and while I did make one SoT relayer, I'm still undecided on keeping it. I have been taking a break from this game and struggling with my computer after the Win10 upgrade. Basically just keeping my account alive for the time being, but I do know relayers will allways be a hot topic and planning ahead i highly adviced.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Well this is my relayer setup: 1 resistances, 11 Bone C., 2 normal, 1 weapon (2H to 1H), 1 Titan H.
relayers.zip
relayers.odt
(32.83 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
I like the +33 hp from my 11 BCs setup, but the +1.18/1.32 dmg from their str bonus is terrible imo.
The Skilled Image.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Just remember with any relayers, except for maybe a the very first temporary relayer that U plan to change, that swing speed increase nerfs your weapon leeches and thus shouldn't be on any relayers. It's a bad stat. Any base weapon that starts with swing speed should.not be relayered.

Side note, it's annoying when U loot a mad weapon for fighting, but it has swing speed increase on it. Maybe we could get an ED deed "Remove swing speed malus from weapon" to fix those high end looted weapons that sadly come with SSI...
JOHNNY WARREN!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

A Spirit of the Totem only serves one purpose and that's to increase the number of hit points you have.

The reason a Spirit of the Totem has no place being a relayer for an advanced character is because it doesn't have Spell Damage Increase. If you have a weapon with 3 or 4 "hit" properties on it you end up doing much more damage with those "hit" properties than you do with the actual damage from the weapon itself. If you have a full suit of relayers (including totem slot) you should be just under 400% with Spell Damage Increase. When you hit something with a weapon that has 4 "hit" properties and max SDI you'll generate about 70-80% of your total damage with the spells set off by your weapon and the other 20-30% from damage the weapon deals upon impact.

Everyone has opinions with relayers and weapons. The reality is that there's 1 "best" way of doing things to have the most advanced character possible. Some choose to follow this proven path and some do things differently because they either don't care about the results and just want a unique character or because they choose to ignore the facts.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

qbf wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:15 pm
Just remember with any relayers, except for maybe a the very first temporary relayer that U plan to change, that swing speed increase nerfs your weapon leeches and thus shouldn't be on any relayers. It's a bad stat. Any base weapon that starts with swing speed should.not be relayered.

Side note, it's annoying when U loot a mad weapon for fighting, but it has swing speed increase on it. Maybe we could get an ED deed "Remove swing speed malus from weapon" to fix those high end looted weapons that sadly come with SSI...
first ive heard of this. how does it nerf wep leeches? not trolling ive seriously never heard of this from anyone.

PS- i relayered three Dryad Bows /flex
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Muolke wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:41 pm
Everyone has opinions with relayers and weapons. The reality is that there's 1 "best" way of doing things to have the most advanced character possible. Some choose to follow this proven path and some do things differently because they either don't care about the results and just want a unique character or because they choose to ignore the facts.
We need to define "1 "best" way". Looted TH are out because ATH is way better.

The weapon slot should be an ATH to maximize HP or an ancient compo longbow to maximize dmg?

At the same way the neck/legs slot should be occupied by a gleam aura leggings/JoW to maximize the damage or by ATHs to maximize HP?
I know the gleam leggings and the JoW are not artifacts, but they need to be taken in count if you want to build the best dmg set.

At my eyes there is no 1 single best way.
The Skilled Image.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

wesmith wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:55 pm
We need to define "1 "best" way". Looted TH are out because ATH is way better.
I didn't realize there's an argument that a looted TH is somehow superior to an ATH. Players use a regular TH or a BC because the supply of an ATH is very limited. Doesn't mean an ATH isn't superior.
wesmith wrote:
The weapon slot should be an ATH to maximize HP or an ancient compo longbow to maximize dmg?
What's the purpose of a weapon? The answer to that question will give you the answer.
wesmith wrote:
At the same way the neck/legs slot should be occupied by a gleam aura leggings/JoW to maximize the damage or by ATHs to maximize HP?
What advantage does a player have from having 800hp over having 700hp? Absolutely none.

Yes, you should have a JoW over any other relayer because it has 20% RPD and 30% SDI. No, you shouldn't keep the Gleam leggings because it has no RPD and no STR bonus which means a BC would be roughly equal to the Gleam leggings and both a TH and a ATH superior to it.

So once again...the answers are all pretty clear. Some just choose to muddy the water because they think they have a better way.
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

culichi wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:37 pm
first ive heard of this. how does it nerf wep leeches? not trolling ive seriously never heard of this from anyone.

PS- i relayered three Dryad Bows /flex
Thank you Johnny Warren for bringing this up! Its relevance is often questionable, because it is hard to get some of the numbers. I believe I ran some numbers at one point though and found that 60% SSI with a Yumi could bring the max hit leeches to around 40%. You can see the Life Leech formula on the site below.

https://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Life_Leech

Since most people put Dex and Stamina on their relayers, because why not, most relayered players will never have a problem with stamina. Even if you do dip stamina wise, due to a strong hit, you can almost always use divine fury to recover all of your stamina.
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster