Calling all Tamers!

Name says it all
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Calling all Tamers!

Post by Zalia »

If you are a long-term player who fills Taming BODs, I would love to hear from you.

I proudly accept the title of 'Bat-crap Crazy' for the amount of Crafting/Taming I do, and am looking for like-minded players.

Guild affiliations do not matter. I am looking for people who plan to play for years, not those who are going to give up after a couple of months.

Check out Dagger Isle (south of Deceit dungeon) and follow the cobblestones to the taming pens if you want a look at what I am setting up.

PM Zalia in game.
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Re: Calling all Tamers!

Post by Zalia »

Still looking for players who have a spare house slot for a taming pen. PM me in game.
If you already have spawners, I have empty plots waiting for animals to poop in.

:)
Zalia
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Howdy,

I greatly appreciate the folks who have set up tamer assists at Zalia's place. Thank you.

In the same breath, I am frustrated. Some of you have volunteered lots of gold an an expensive house slot to set up useless spawns.

It's not useful to set up a spawn of 3 cows or goats. There is already a spawn of 15 cows and 15 goats at Public Moongates -> Britain. I run it.

It's not useful to set up a spawn of 3 bulls. There is already a spawn of 15 bulls at Public Moongates -> Yew.

It's not useful to set up a spawn of 3 chickens. There is already a spawn of 30 chickens at Public Moongates -> Trinsic

It's not useful to set up a spawn of 3 pigs. There is already a spawn of 15 pigs near the taming forest at Willamina's house. Take the tan teleport pad just north by northwest of Public Moongates -> Britain.

It's not useful to set up a spawn of 3 polar bears. There is already a spawn of 30 polar bears at PaPa's house, southeast of Zalia's complex on Daggar Isle.

It's not useful to set up a spawn of 3 eagles. There is already a spawn of 30 eagles east by northeast of the ILV shop.

It's not useful to set up a spawn of 3 timber wolves. There are a score or more timber wolves spawned in the forest west and south of the Moonglow Zoo.

It's not useful to set up a spawn of 3 hinds. There are a score or more hinds clustered east and south of the Moonglow Zoo.

In fact, it's not really useful to set up a spawn of just 3 animals of any kind. Bulk order deeds come in sizes of 10, 15 and 20 animals. Less than the number needed to fill a deed is like: ha ha, wait around you fool.

What's useful? Spawns of 15 animals or more of the exact same kind are useful. That's 5 spawns of 3 animals each, exactly half the total your account is allowed. By the time a player finishes taming 15 animals, the 5 spawners have mostly respawned once yielding a total of 20 -- the number needed to fill a 20-count BOD. That is super super useful.

If you're willing, I would urge each of you to set up a useful spawn. What animals do we need?

A spawn of 15 Forest Ostards would complement the eagle and chicken spawns to help fill the large bird BODs that yield 120 powerscrolls and +5 taming clothing.

A spawn of 15 Desert Ostards or Songbirds would be of similarly great value.

The 20-large-bear bods yield the same superb power scrolls and taming enhancements. Would not a spawn of 15 Black Bears, or Brown Bears or Grizzly Bears beautifully complement PaPa's polar bears?

And if you just don't like any of those animals, ones which fill other bods do have some value, although less so since the other large bods require taming at least some aggressive animals that players can't spawn: beetles, dire wolves and so on.

Folks, if we work together, each concentrating on one or two breeds of animals, we can build a ridiculously valuable taming resource... not this dribble of 3 animals this and 3 animals that.

Regards,
Wil
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

I want to set up a Bunny pen - two spawns in, but I have to offload a house with 8 spawns to finish it.
After that, a bullfrog pong (if bullfrogs are still available on spawners)
An Ostards/Birds house is also on the cards.

3 of each is good, but 6 is better. 30 in a pen will be great...............

I'm still hoping to convince someone with an existing Dire wolf spawner to move in.............

Zalia
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

And the Bunny Pen is active with 8 spawners. I haven't placed the final two, in case someone with 8 spawner clots available wants to help out.

Anyone? The plot includes a fountain and a well.
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

Bunny Pen still available for a new owner.

PM me if you want it. :) Next project will be Frogs and Toads.

Players with established spawners are also welcome; I can always make room.
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

Bump
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

And the Bunny Pen has a new owner!

Next project will involve houses with 5 spawners, so if you want a Taming house you only need to have 5 or less existing spawners, and a free house slot.

Zalia
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

The Rat house is looking for a new owner; 5 spawners in total.
PM me if you want to join the Taming community on Ice Isle.

Zalia
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

Up next: Taming house with 10 Bull Frog spawners looking for a new owner.
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

And the Boar pen needs an owner. PM me if you want to help expand the MAD taming area on Ice/Dagger Isle.
Anthony
Novice Scribe

Post by Anthony »

Hello,
I know I am new to the server but I do plan on sticking around for a long long time. I would love to help. I have only 1 house placed and do not have any spawners. I will try to contact you in game Zalia.
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

I look forward to hearing from you. :)
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

Back to the Bullfrogs; 10 spawners on the plot, ready to go. :)
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

The Bullfrogs have a new owner. I'm juggling farm animals and have plans for a Llama house.
If you have existing spawners and want to move in to the MAD taming area, drop me a PM.
Zalia