Name says it all
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

new to the server

Post by Geriatric »

hey, got feeling a bit nostalgic and found your server

little strange to get used to and i have a few questions

i see there is a global chat, how do i use it
i wanted to get my str/dex etc up to cap, but i seem to be passed 700 skill points, how do i see saw my stats?

where is a good place to start
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Re: new to the server

Post by Nick »

type ether "#" or "[c" to talk in world chat....

There is no skill cap here, you are free to train any skill you like (most people only play one toon because it can be good for any skill)

Excelsior is a good place to play for years on because the power ceiling is so high. For that same reason don't try and sprint to the finish line of training up your skills and maxing out your stats... the journey is the fun don't try and grind through it you will become exhausted. the newbee dungeon does have a lot of things enabled to help new players get off to a good start.

Excelsior is quite different then standard UO so, I would suggest reading up on our Wiki (link below) its a lot of info so maybe before you try something new (training taming, taking up bee keeping, making bio pets, or doing the gem or karate quest) you just read that part.

https://www.uoex.net/wiki/New_Players_Guide

Best of luck and hope you stick around
Nick of old
Peppetto
Passer by

Post by Peppetto »

1. Use training room to raise your combat skills up to 75 and stats, it grows once in ~15 minutes(125, 125, 50 is a good start).

2. Complete "rats quest" in the newbie dungeon, it gives you up to 1k gold and up to 100 organics which you can sell on [exex for 26 gold each. So you get 2k+ gold per couple of minutes.

3. Use that money to get lower reagent cost suite with mage armour and train magic skills with it.

4. Complete other quests in the newbie dungeon, one of it rewards you with up to 150k gold if I am correct.

5. After 21 days account age you can get to mistvale, it is another dungeon for new players where you can get some useful stuff via quests.

6. Use voting stone in town center, it rewards you with 2k gold first time and after 25 days of voting your reward is maximum at 1 excelsior dollar(~60k gold).

7. Visit vendors.uoex.net.

8. Read wiki
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Not only after week but when reaching 1000 skill points total, you also lose newbie status.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Cerrera wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:10 am
Not only after week but when reaching 1000 skill points total, you also lose newbie status.
Newbie status just means that monsters won't attack you first. You can still get to the new player dungeon and the new player champ until your time runs out.