Help with mount hue in OrionUO

Name says it all
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Help with mount hue in OrionUO

Post by Zanzi »

Anyone able to explain or help me with this? My mount look plain when using OrionUO but display the correct hue when using Uosteam.
Attachments
mount color.png
mount color.png (92.14 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: Help with mount hue in OrionUO

Post by Wil »

Orion handles transparency very differently than the classic UO client. Compare how the "circle of transparency" looks in the two.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I went from Razor to UOSteam. Is it worth going to OrionUO? I don’t know anything about it, what are the advantages? (Sorry to hijack your thread Zanzi)
TDC Guild
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Melkor wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:16 pm
I went from Razor to UOSteam. Is it worth going to OrionUO? I don’t know anything about it, what are the advantages? (Sorry to hijack your thread Zanzi)
Orion is an entire UO client, replacing the software you have. It uses the graphic, map and sound files from your original UO client but the software is 100% rewritten.

Orion is open source software that can be modified to script and do whatever you want. That means you can script literally anything. But you'll have to start over with your scripts because it's not compatible with any of the other UO scripting engines or their scripts. Unlike Razor, Orion does not support recording and playing back macros, so that's inconvenient -- anything you want to script you have to actually write scripts.

If you're just starting with UO or if you play without scripts and macros, I would start with the Orion client. Eventually a windows upgrade will break the classic UO client for good and those of us who want to continue playing UO will have to migrate to Orion.

For me, though, it's not -enough- better to be worth rewriting all my scripts, so I haven't moved over. I keep hoping someone will write an emulation layer for Orion that lets it run Razor and/or OpenEOU scripts.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I see, very interesting Will thanks so much for the crash course.
TDC Guild
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

Wil wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:11 pm

Unlike Razor, Orion does not support recording and playing back macros, so that's inconvenient -- anything you want to script you have to actually write scripts.
This is incorrect. Orion does have macros you can record and play back (either once, or every x seconds until you stop it) You can also record a macro and have it converted into a script as well as options withing the macro of setting a specific item, or setting it for item type.

There are a number of scripts published here, and on other places on the internet, as well as a discord channel where you can get scripts, or ask questions if you run into trouble making/modifying one. You can also ask in here as their are a few good Orion scriptwriters that can help.
IGN: Edwin Roach
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

So I guess no way to make the mount hue show a different color?
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

Zanzi wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:11 pm
So I guess no way to make the mount hue show a different color?
None that I'm aware of. You can always play around with some of the visual setting in the client.
IGN: Edwin Roach
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

davethemage wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:42 am
Orion does have macros you can record and play back
I briefly took another look. Orion is definitely getting better!

The main thing now stopping me from doing some of my game sessions in Orion is the UOAM integration. With the classic client, UOAM logs house placements on the map. Orion does not. I've come to rely on that UOAM functionality. I'll need any replacement for the UO client to support something comparable.

Other quibbles about Orion:

1. Equip/unequip agent doesn't allow you to set an undress bag.

2. Macro record doesn't record its own hotkeys. In Razor, if I call on a hotkey to do something other than run a macro (e.g. an organizer agent), razor adds that action to the macro I'm recording.

3. The organizer agent will only draw from a specific container, not from the entire backpack like Razor.

4. Doesn't correctly remember my window position when I start the program -- always moves it back to screen 1 and shortens it so it's a good 20-40 pixels away from the task bar on the bottom of the screen.