Millions and Millions of Gold

Name says it all
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Millions and Millions of Gold

Post by Tribecca »

Just curious ... during the Auction today, i saw people bidding millions and millions of gold on items, even in the hundreds of millions. What does one do to get that kind of gold?
Dark Omen
Passer by

Re: Millions and Millions of Gold

Post by Dark Omen »

Donate all of your real life money like some people or create a Balron farming script and run it 12 hours a day like others :D . Short of that, grind it out over many many years.
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Post by Tribecca »

Ah. LoL.
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

I don't farm ballies and I do not donate for progression or auctions. Consistency is key.
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Tribecca wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:21 pm
Just curious ... during the Auction today, i saw people bidding millions and millions of gold on items, even in the hundreds of millions. What does one do to get that kind of gold?
You can get something on the order of 50M per year just by doing beekeeping. The folks bidding the better part of a billion gold got there directly or indirectly by donating.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

Last auction someone paid 850m for a single item that I don’t think he even use it yet.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

MagicUser wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:25 pm
I don't farm ballies
Hmmm you literally have a YouTube video bragging about how you can do better than ZeeQui with your script on Balron farming...

[ - link redacted by moderator - ]
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Muolke wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:42 pm
Hmmm you literally have a YouTube video bragging about how you can do better than ZeeQui with your script on Balron farming...

[ - link redacted by moderator - ]
Haha! Someone from the shard found my main channel! Nice!

The videos on that channel were more for directing potential employers or people interested in my hobbies to. The channel I use for stuff here is paroxysmusthescripter2174.

Also, this was from a year ago. Before I took on the no-recall script challenge. I have not posted a video showing the script improvements or the 2 non-recall automatic farming modes. I probably won't, at least not publicly. The only time I use the bally or doom mode is to make sure the changes that have been made are still recall compatible. I did manage to bring the recall success rate up from 87% to 98% (using thread queuing) over this last school break. Which my mom appreciated a lot. Also yes, the statement I made in the video, though pridefully made, was empirically driven. Its one of the reason I do not farm ballies. I have other options, there is no need for me to be competing with him or my mom.
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

Muolke literally doxxed someone by posting their info from their private channel. I could have sworn there were rules about revealing people's names and locations. Bad form man. Bad form.

:verymad:
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

ButteryBiscuits wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:23 pm
Muolke literally doxxed someone by posting their info from their private channel. I could have sworn there were rules about revealing people's names and locations. Bad form man. Bad form.

:verymad:
Doxxing means publishing private information. Your son made this video PUBLIC on Youtube along with his account info...meaning anyone can find it. Doxxing also generally includes malicious intent which clearly there was none. Not to mention that probably 1/2 of the shard has already seen the video.

He's a big boy...does he really need his mother defending him on the internet?
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Before we get too offtopic, looks like although those videos were public, they weren't labeled or listed as intended for players of UOEx, only for potential employers. I'd say nobody is in the wrong here, I've removed the links. But you know, you can't hide stuff on the internet.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
ZeeeQi
Adept Scribe

Post by ZeeeQi »

I love how people instantly think on balrons when it comes to think on farming, but there are many other ways to farm that much gold even more.

One big mistake everyone commits when talking about farming is calling everyone AFK farmers. I do farm, i do farm a lot, i do farm reeeeally a lot, but i'm not an AFK farmer.

And i think there are other problems on the shard like dual-clienting and people that aren't AFK farming, they are directly bots.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I can only imagined how lucrative Balron farming was in the past. On a good day when I can run through balron recall spots, then hit 3 more in blood dungeon, then run through the dreadhorn key area (twisted weave) I think I cap out at around 600k/hr. Plus dreadhorn keys, plus tokens, and PLUS chance at 5x46. But I only started doing that not too long ago. Can’t imagined how much people made then. Now it seems like there are always people there.

On a side note. People who violated codex many times shouldn’t publicly post complaining about others possibly doing it. Maybe I should consider posting a screenshot of such an event. Anyone interested?
ZeeeQi
Adept Scribe

Post by ZeeeQi »

Are you really talking about people having a lot of gold when you're the guy who has spent most gold in the last auctions? Can't really believe what i'm seeing... Complaining about someone who spent 850M on a Totem slot when you paid +700 for yours and having 2 Ancient Titans Hammer, and more things i can't say here.

Greetings
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

Would you like to see a screen shot?

Seems like everyone play UO for different reasons. Some of you like stuffs that I think is a complete waste of time. But I respect it the differences. Some of you are so kind and helpful. You truly enjoyed seeing others accomplishments. Then sadly, there are others who are just upset to see some others do well. Maybe this game is not right for you?

And the totem comment. I was not complaining about it. It made me feel really good that someone spent more than me. I am also guessing that person probably wating for the right item to relay it? Really don’t know. But statement about me complaining about 850m for totem could not have been further away from the truth.