Rent Seeking Behavior

Name says it all
patrix
Elder Scribe

Re: Rent Seeking Behavior

Post by patrix »

Seems this discussion has moved to another level which is more interesting.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... cy/616949/
Michiko in game

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle..
Irina Dunn
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

patrix wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:35 am
Thanks for the article. Readers should also know that "The Atlantic" has a fairly strong left bias. They're actually to the left of the New York Times.

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

yeah the atlantic is pretty lefty.. they want that democratic majority rule, so it can be the united stats of new losyork angeles

thats why america has the electoral college that it does, that even though places like idaho, wyoming, montana have tiny populations they have strong representation

you cant let people in new york and los angeles and other big cities by the sheer weight of numbers decide what the best laws and way to live are for people in those smaller states
two completely different ways of living and require a completely different set of rules
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

Muolke wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:16 am
patrix wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:35 am
Thanks for the article. Readers should also know that "The Atlantic" has a fairly strong left bias. They're actually to the left of the New York Times.

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias
also that media bias chart doesnt go far enough left to accurately detail vox
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

They are fighting for auction items. Remove the über overpowered items sold at auctions and the problem will be solved... and the shard will be probably closed in six months because the lack of funds :lol: .

#NoRecallNerf

#NoBalronNerf

#FreeTheHues
The Skilled Image.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:57 pm
Wil wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:45 pm
Muolke wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:59 pm
Political beliefs don't just stop at politics, they spill out into your daily life. The amount of jealousy you have for someone that simply has more than you is evident for everyone to see.
You're such a RINO Muolke. A real conservative would be well enough read to know the name of the scam he was trying to pull. And certainly wouldn't be so self-deluded as to imagine it his own invention. Thinking themselves the inventor of concepts that are older than dirt is a left fringe conceit that has no place in conservatism. Just like you.
Oh look, a liberal telling a conservative that he isn't really a conservative. How original. Try again...
There's a certain irony in the self-proclaimed conservative seeking major change to a long standing system and then labeling his critic, who advocates less or no change, a liberal. You're no conservative Muolke. Nor a liberal. Your political compass reliably points at simple greed.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:16 pm
Muolke wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:57 pm
Wil wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:45 pm

You're such a RINO Muolke. A real conservative would be well enough read to know the name of the scam he was trying to pull. And certainly wouldn't be so self-deluded as to imagine it his own invention. Thinking themselves the inventor of concepts that are older than dirt is a left fringe conceit that has no place in conservatism. Just like you.
Oh look, a liberal telling a conservative that he isn't really a conservative. How original. Try again...
There's a certain irony in the self-proclaimed conservative seeking major change to a long standing system and then labeling his critic, who advocates less or no change, a liberal. You're no conservative Muolke. Nor a liberal. Your political compass reliably points at simple greed.
If that was the case I wouldn't have been in favor of curbing Balron farming when I wasn't as wealthy. My position has remained the same the entire time regardless of my standing in the shard. That's called consistency but yeah...a liberal crying about "greed"...nothing new...what's next? Tax the rich? Free healthcare for everyone? Free college for everyone? Covid camps like they had in Australia?
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Muolke wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:46 pm
Tax the rich? Free healthcare for everyone? Free college for everyone? Covid camps like they had in Australia?
I was trying so hard to avoid coming back to these toxic threads... and I know this last line was put here as bait specifically for me too.... but like a greedy fish I couldn't help myself...

The first 3 are great ideas by the way, literally in everyone's benefit, even the rich.... but it's the 4th one (the bait) that I am confused about... What on Earth is a covid camp, and how did I miss out on that fun?? :scared: I come from the land down under (Australia) for those that might be confused.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:28 pm
What on Earth is a covid camp, and how did I miss out on that fun?? :scared: I come from the land down under (Australia) for those that might be confused.
Quarantine. Australia had government-managed quarantines for returning travelers longer into the pandemic than most other countries. As the weeks passed into months, we all shifted pretty quickly to self-quarantines. Muolke derides the concept of quarantining for others' safety, so he calls them "covid camps." In case you haven't figured it out yet, he's an anti-vaxxer.
Batman
Novice Scribe

Post by Batman »

I think this server has many commies, who cry everyday if someone does something better. :D

You only need couple relayers+H(L)BOH and you can make same gold/H as fully-loaded-baller. :lool:

MY HUMBLE OPINION :lol:
Zalia
Legendary Scribe

Post by Zalia »

Total respect for anti-vaxxers; they're attempting to lower the human population with personal effort. Great work
Batman
Novice Scribe

Post by Batman »

Zalia wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:56 am
Total respect for anti-vaxxers; they're attempting to lower the human population with personal effort. Great work

If you're not War-elephant-sized-chain-smoker-human-being. My humble opinion is: You are doing great without vaccine. :dance

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Am really concerned about fact that people are still so infatuated wit this theme. Have nothing against anyone, its he's personal choice to use or not, their offered medical solution. My personal opinion is that this disease simply have best advertising ever made. Term antivxxer also is being used wrong (worldwide) , cause someone with loud mouth thought, thats witty. Those are people who doesn't accept any of them, not people who don't believe in this specific.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

well the science has changed again...
and apparently your own immune system is the best defence against the coof, not the vaccine

so the anti vaxxers were right all along
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Zalia wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:56 am
From the other side I thank from the deep of my heart every single conformist who believe in the authority and donate his body to $cience.
The Skilled Image.