Rent Seeking Behavior

Name says it all
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Re: Rent Seeking Behavior

Post by Nick »

@patrix your avatar picture is neat (tattoo girl)

Most of you are quite tolerable in game and in person I'm sure I would be able to spend at least an hour with you fire side talking before I wished you would leave but, together... collectively... in this thread ya'll are dumb...

No one has ever changed their mind about something after reading a rage post online about anything... politics... medicine ethics... religion nothing.

Debating the relevant game issues has minimal value but, is at least its... IDK... might effect our shard slightly... if you want to rage about politics, religion, and medical things.. yall boomers should go to FB or IG and embarrass your grand kids some more... what you think or believe has no impact on the world you do not matter and are completely irrelevant to the world...strongly worded rage posting might make you lizard Brian feel good... but... its just a waste of time just like this post.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:08 pm
Johnny Warren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:28 pm
What on Earth is a covid camp, and how did I miss out on that fun?? :scared: I come from the land down under (Australia) for those that might be confused.
Quarantine. Australia had government-managed quarantines for returning travelers longer into the pandemic than most other countries. As the weeks passed into months, we all shifted pretty quickly to self-quarantines. Muolke derides the concept of quarantining for others' safety, so he calls them "covid camps." In case you haven't figured it out yet, he's an anti-vaxxer.
I'm such an anti-vaxxer that I have both Covid shots plus 1 booster. I'm not anti-vaxxer...i'm anti-stupidity and anti forcing anyone else to take a vaccine .

Also, as far as the Covid camps in Australia...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... dates.html
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:28 pm
Muolke wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:46 pm
Tax the rich? Free healthcare for everyone? Free college for everyone? Covid camps like they had in Australia?
I was trying so hard to avoid coming back to these toxic threads... and I know this last line was put here as bait specifically for me too.... but like a greedy fish I couldn't help myself...

The first 3 are great ideas by the way, literally in everyone's benefit, even the rich.... but it's the 4th one (the bait) that I am confused about... What on Earth is a covid camp, and how did I miss out on that fun?? :scared: I come from the land down under (Australia) for those that might be confused.
1. The rich already pay a higher percentage of taxes than those with a lower income. By increasing tax rates on the rich they'll just move their wealth to one of the countries that has lower taxation and avoid paying even more taxes.

2. Free healthcare doesn't exist. You pay for it via a higher taxation rate and in return you get sub-standard care and absurd waiting times. I lived for 15 years in a European country with "free healthcare" where you're having to wait 4-6-8-10+ months to see a doctor for certain health issues.

3. Free college is absurd because a majority of people that go to College don't even need to go there. We should focus more on trade schools to ensure we have enough mechanics, welders, electricians etc. College in many cases is just another opportunity for liberal professors to indoctrinate our kids.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

I'm such an anti-vaxxer that I have both Covid shots plus 1 booster. I'm not anti-vaxxer...i'm anti-stupidity and anti forcing anyone else to take a vaccine .

Also, as far as the Covid camps in Australia...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... dates.html
Good boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dizqg08Y1U8

Have fun.
The Skilled Image.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

under australias so called free health care i had to have my wisdom teeth taken out
they told me it was a 6 month waiting list
i was in so much pain i could barely sleep, i was in danger of losing my job because i couldnt concentrate at work
i ended up paying the cost to have my wisdom teeth taken out by a private hospital and i was able to go back to sleep and was back to work in 2 days, it ended up costing 2500 dollars for the operation, but if i had waited the 6 months i would have lost my job, and eventually my house
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Geriatric wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:17 am
well the science has changed again...
and apparently your own immune system is the best defence against the coof, not the vaccine

so the anti vaxxers were right all along
Every vaccine ever created against any disease works by stimulating the patient's immune system. In fact, if you know your history then you know that the word vaccine comes from vacca, the Latin word for Cow. That's because the very first vaccine involved intentionally infecting people with cowpox. It turned out that the relatively harmless cowpox shared enough in common with the much more deadly smallpox that if you taught your body how to defeat cowpox you were also teaching it a lot about how to defeat smallpox.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:36 am
I'm such an anti-vaxxer that I have both Covid shots plus 1 booster. I'm not anti-vaxxer.
Fair enough. Since you've taken at least some of the shots then you are not, in the strictest sense, an antivaxxer.

That said, you don't have the right to "accidentally" shoot me with a gun when reasonable firearm safety steps could have prevented it, so I'm not clear why you should have the right to "accidentally" infect me with a disease when reasonable medical safety steps could have prevented it. It's unfortunate that the law requires science to be more confident than it can be about exactly who gave the disease to who before anyone can be held liable for a "depraved indifference to human life."

I also note that you're doing an admirable job distracting us from your auction cheating confession and balron-related rent seeking behavior.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Talking about this auction cheating, isn't you all people making their own mafia to get ingame goods easier than they could be obtained by playing in solo way ? Am far away from being able to compete in auctions, especially for items as totem's or britney hammers, which would actually never pay off. So am fine, compete people, compete :D, just leave a rideable ettin for me :P
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Cerrera wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:04 pm
Talking about this auction cheating, isn't you all people making their own mafia to get ingame goods easier than they could be obtained by playing in solo way ?
I guess, if it's possible to have a one-man mafia who gets most of his auction cash from beekeeping. 3175 days I've kept these silly bees going. More than eight and a half years.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

Wil wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:14 pm
Every vaccine ever created against any disease works by stimulating the patient's immune system. In fact, if you know your history then you know that the word vaccine comes from vacca, the Latin word for Cow. That's because the very first vaccine involved intentionally infecting people with cowpox. It turned out that the relatively harmless cowpox shared enough in common with the much more deadly smallpox that if you taught your body how to defeat cowpox you were also teaching it a lot about how to defeat smallpox.
thats how most vaccines work but not the covid vaccine, it is the first and only mRNA vaccine approved for use
there are no long term studies to determine wether or not they are safe or even effective
synthetic strands of RNA are introduced to our system, that apparently teach our cells how to create particular types of proteins, the creation of that protein is what triggers an immune response
they are a completely new, different and untested type of vaccine

dr robert malone worked on mRNA vaccines for decades and he came out against this particlar vaccines use in such a wide spread manor
and before you go trying to make the argument that other scientists have discredited his work.... the pharmaceutical industries that make billions of dollars have a pretty strong financial motive to try and say he is wrong

just look at what happened to clare cameron patterson... i bet you dont even know who he is
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Geriatric wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:23 pm
Wil wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:14 pm
Every vaccine ever created against any disease works by stimulating the patient's immune system.
thats how most vaccines work but not the covid vaccine, it is the first and only mRNA vaccine approved for use
First off, there are four Covid-19 vaccines approved for use in the U.S., only two of which use mRNA. If you have a bug up your butt about mRNA, you can easily select one of the other two which use more traditional methods. Worldwide, there are additional non-mRNA options.

Second, you're just plain wrong. Though the technology differs, the basis of the mRNA vaccines is the same as every other: teach the body's immune system to vigorously attack the disease should it later be exposed.

Geriatric wrote:
dr robert malone worked on mRNA vaccines for decades and he came out against this particlar vaccines use in such a wide spread manor
You mean the guy who back in college did some work with mice on a distant precursor to mRNA and now claims that the Covid-19 vaccines don't work at all, that it's a mass-hallucination? Despite properly controlled double-blind trials proving that they work quite well? The guy who switched to promoting Ivermectin after his research into treating Covid-19 with Pepcid (the heartburn medicine) didn't catch on?

Geriatric wrote:
just look at what happened to clare cameron patterson... i bet you dont even know who he is
If Malone suffers from environmental lead poisoning, that would certainly explain his behavior. So far as I know, there's no evidence to support such a claim. I gather you intended some other sort of implication but I'm unclear what Clair (not clare) Cameron Patterson has to do with Covid-19.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

most of us are here to play a game please take this SHIT to reddit or tweeter

ps- i should have been more specific im only referring to the political stuff.
Last edited by culichi on Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

culichi wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:27 pm
I'll stay on topic if Muolke will. He's the one who keeps trying to move the conversation away from his auction cheating confession and balron-related rent seeking behavior. In fact, I won't utter another word about general politics in this thread unless he does first. Not even if another player provokes me.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:45 pm
culichi wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:27 pm
I'll stay on topic if Muolke will. He's the one who keeps trying to move the conversation away from his auction cheating confession and balron-related rent seeking behavior. In fact, I won't utter another word about general politics in this thread unless he does first. Not even if another player provokes me.
How is it cheating? What rule was broken? You just keep making stuff up because your argument is ridiculous and on display for everyone to see.

At this point you're better off putting your mask back on while walking outdoors and finish killing off whatever brain cells you have left.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:48 pm
Wil wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:45 pm
I won't utter another word about general politics in this thread unless he does first.
At this point you're better off putting your mask back on while walking outdoors
Wow, that lasted all of three 3 minutes. Thanks for proving my point about you doing anything and everything to distract from your auction cheating confession and balron-related rent seeking behavior.

Muolke wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:48 pm
How is it cheating? What rule was broken?
Asked and answered. I provided multiple government and scholarly references explaining what bid collusion is at an auction and why it's a disallowed form of bid-rigging. You provided no references to anything that might describe a situation in which bid collusion in an auction could be okay, certainly none mirroring your own behavior. Instead, you have retreated to the specious claim that it isn't specifically spelled out in the UOEX Codex, implying that anything the codex doesn't spell out in detail must be okay.