Why Do I Walk When Right Clicking To Close a Container?

Name says it all
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Why Do I Walk When Right Clicking To Close a Container?

Post by Tribecca »

Anybody have an idea about why my character takes a few steps when I go to right click to close a container or bag? it also happens when right clicking to close a gump.
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Re: Why Do I Walk When Right Clicking To Close a Container?

Post by tiggerjlk »

You might have auto path turned on. look in your options to make sure it is off
Soylentgreen
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

its not auto path, thats from double right clicking

i know what he's talkking about though
i notice it when i kill a group of monsters and all the corpses open up the first right click i perform (even if the mouse is over a gump) the game thinks its a movement click

i think its a sort of layering thing, that even though the coffin gumps are freshly opened the game doesnt recognise them as being the top layer,

best solve ive found is a couple of left clicks, and just move one of the coffin gumps around
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Post by Tribecca »

Thanks for the replies. Geriatric is right. It's very annoying. Any other way to close a container except right clicking? I do not like walking away from the container. It hasn't always been this way.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

That doesn't happen to me, when I close the container my character stays at the same location and facing the same place.

Could it be that you have a faulty button on the mouse? Sometimes computer mice, when in final stages of their lives, trigger several clicks when you just click it once. If you right-clicked the container and started walking into that direction, that would mean you right-clicked that point on the screen 3 times - first to close the gump/container, then twice more to trigger the pathfinding.

But as a workaround, you can try moving the gump/container away from the game screen, so that even if you right-click it many times, it won't start walking your character. I figure that if you start doing that for a few days, it will just become muscle memory - you'll close anything by first moving it off the main game screen into the black background. If the mouse button really is an issue, you'll want to move the gump/container somewhere so that nothing is underneath, otherwise the multiple clicks will also close whatever is under it.

(But if that doesn't help - are you perhaps using any exotic client? Could be that too...)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

not using any exotic client, the only add on is steam
and my mouse works just fine

ive always assumed it's just the way the "open corpses" or "autoloot" function works in steam, it doesnt bring the freshly opened corpses to the forefront of the UO client

ive always just worked around it by left clicking and dragging the last open corpse around a bit to bring the coffin gumps to the forefront