dead spots

Name says it all
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

dead spots

Post by Geriatric »

anyone else noticed theres a fair few dead spots around in certain dungeons, just one tile nothing visibly there but for some reason you cant walk over it you just get blocked by nothing.
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Re: dead spots

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

yep. there are also random spots that if you happen to get into it you can't get out. not very many but they are super annoying when you find them
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

those mostly is hidden stuff, (items, teleporters etc) that's not working anymore. not shure its just in mul file or also on server. those are not only in dungeons. if you find such spot, you should report. would say even better, many players can report same spots, so better would be making a forum discussion lets say ''Impassable tiles'' with adding game coordinates of those spots, than you can compare your found ones with those that's are reported, and make fixing much easier.
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

I've also noticed several of these - though I assumed that they were an account age lock thing - but some have no text message.

A good example of one is in Moonglow just to the west of the bank though - open area that you can't walk into - very annoying.

I think there's also something that blocks you with no message if you try to go to that building north of Destard.

Not sure if these are just blockers/LOS blockers added by GMs to keep people out of areas in progress, but putting up some sort of visual indication that it's a work in progress would be nice (just tile some random boulders or something, etc).

Could also be that there are statics that were added and frozen to the mul files that havne't been distributed out to players yet.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

eremite, some of those are dedicated event spots
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

where my character is facing, one tile ahead, is a dead spot in level 1 of destard cant walk past it
Attachments
destard1.jpg
destard1.jpg (347.22 KiB) Viewed 1045 times