Winter Event 2023

Name says it all
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Winter Event 2023

Post by Alibaster »

Any idea when this will start? last year it started the first week of December. If that's the same this year then it should be this upcoming weekend. Has there been an announcement bout this I missed? Just checking.
Alibaster in game!!
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Winter Event 2023

Post by Durocius »

Hopefully it is this weekend. Really hoping for some new or altered rewards being available.

#wallmountSantaHead
#ridableRudolph

🙂
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Yep it's scheduled to open this weekend. Still no upgrades though, sorry.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Would it be possible to allow us to pick a different seasonal totem when you complete the Scrooge Quest? Then anyone that got the holiday totem already could work on getting some of the others. Would that be something that is easy to add?
Alibaster in game!!
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Alibaster wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:50 pm
Would it be possible to allow us to pick a different seasonal totem when you complete the Scrooge Quest? Then anyone that got the holiday totem already could work on getting some of the others. Would that be something that is easy to add?
Actually not a bad idea Alibaster. I got a spare totem once and I haven't run the quest at all since. This would kills 2 birds in one stone:

-Make players engage with the Xmas quests again
-Remove that horrible moment when a new player says "Oooh, how do I get that nice skull totem?" And the vet replies: "You can't, you had to play here 6 years ago, for a brief few years and do the quest. Too bad mate. Those were the days...."
JOHNNY WARREN!
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Maybe the 2nd and beyond years you complete the quest you could get a deed to extend the wear time for a month or two.
TDC Guild
arrow
Legendary Scribe

Post by arrow »

Always remember to pillage before you burn!-----------Unknown
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Melkor wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:21 pm
Maybe the 2nd and beyond years you complete the quest you could get a deed to extend the wear time for a month or two.

Being able to pick from one of the other totems would accomplish the same thin but wouldn't require any major coding. The totems exist so all that needs to be done is add them to the menu of available items. I'm not a coder but I would imagine that is not a major change. Each year you get a new totem until you have the whole year covered. It does make the winter quest more viable for several years. This year it's my second time doing it and I really don't see the benefit of completing it if all I get is the same totem I already have.
Alibaster in game!!
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I agree with you. I’m just not sure they are going to be good with giving different totems from the other seasonal events for Christmas. From a role play perspective it doesn’t make a lot of sense to get a Skull totem for doing elf quests. Wanted to provide an alternative idea that they might find more palatable. I’m a big advocate of players having a quest based totem all year round. I hope that one day all the seasonal quests come back.
TDC Guild
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Melkor wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:35 pm
I’m a big advocate of players having a quest based totem all year round. I hope that one day all the seasonal quests come back.
Me to. I have one totem I gained back before I took a 6 year break. I wish I would have stuck around and gotten them all. Not sure if +C has the bandwidth to do it though. A short term quick patch until he does would be ideal. Glad we are fighting the same fight!! :lool:
Alibaster in game!!