Can you control the data feed on left corner of screen

Name says it all
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Can you control the data feed on left corner of screen

Post by Alibaster »

In the bottom left corner of my screen it shows me chat conversations as well as other data like looting info, combat info, commands, etc. Is there a way to control what is displayed there? When fighting mobs, all conversations scroll by so fast i can't read them. I want to minimize the data I get here. Is that possible?
Alibaster in game!!
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Can you control the data feed on left corner of screen

Post by +Colibri »

There's no server-side options to control that. There are some scripts out there (for easyuo, steam, possibly others) that read your journal and then output the filtered messages into a separate journal.
With the framework i'm making, server-side messages will be sent into separate "channels" and then you will be able to pick what gets displayed in the main journal, and also read the other non-displayed messages in a separate window (in the browser, aka Portal v2) but I don't know when that will be a possibility.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Re: Can you control the data feed on left corner of screen

Post by Alibaster »

+Colibri wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:37 pm
There's no server-side options to control that. There are some scripts out there (for easyuo, steam, possibly others) that read your journal and then output the filtered messages into a separate journal.
With the framework i'm making, server-side messages will be sent into separate "channels" and then you will be able to pick what gets displayed in the main journal, and also read the other non-displayed messages in a separate window (in the browser, aka Portal v2) but I don't know when that will be a possibility.
Thanks for the reply. I'm using Orion so maybe there are some filters through there I can use. Time to do some Googling to see. :D
Alibaster in game!!