Poll: Veteran Reward Uni-Tub Hues

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

Which 3 hues would you use?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Olive Drab
6%
Burnished Gold
17%
Blue Ombre
13%
Golden Green
9%
Bloody Sunset
13%
Black Velvet
25%
Floral Wallpaper
6%
Pheonix Ombre
12%

Total votes: 163

+Nyx
Administrator

Poll: Veteran Reward Uni-Tub Hues

Post by +Nyx »

Please vote for your top 3 hues.

Click photos to expand!

Note:
Hues made available (as multi-use uni tubs) via the veteran reward system will never be made available in the hue room. These hues may be used by staff for quest/event rewards, food deco, or other uses but players will have no other way to utilize these hues.

Though these hues may at first glance seem like ones you can already use, these are all patch hues and have not been utilized by players yet. For example the black velvet is actually a fair bit different than any of the black-ish hues you guys can use currently.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Re: Poll: Veteran Reward Uni-Tub Hues

Post by fixxer1963 »

I wish we could indicate in which order we like them.
1st: Olive Drab
2nd: Burnished Gold
3rd: Black Velvet
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

*drools* very nice :)
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

1st Black Velvet
2nd Burnished Gold
3rd Golden Green

Oh i can't revote (bloody sunset -> burnished gold) :(
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

I just wish the dye tubs allowed you to pick a "sample" color... instead of trial and error trying to get the colors to match.
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

1. Phoenix Ombre
2. Blue Ombre
3. Golden Green

The 'Ombre' colors stand out much more significantly than the others, so they are my top two, but the golden green hue is still just as vibrant as the top two. Favorite colors aside, though, if there should be veteran hues for veterans to show off their loyalty to Excelsior, a dull color shouldn't cut it whatsoever. The 'Ombre' colors stand out SO MUCH compared to the other hues, some look so similar to the ordinary dye options that they will often be overlooked. If I eventually received this veteran reward, I would expect multiple choices of vibrant colors that make it known that I used a hue that others cannot.

This is just my opinion, though. The other colors are still great hues and are recognizable, I just can't see them as a veteran reward.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

The Blue & Phoenix Ombre look quite similar to a few hues already available
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Well the hues won't only be seen on veterans, since probably some folks will purchase the tubs then spend the uses on dyeing things that they'll sell, or eventually give away, or etc. There's nothing we can really do (well, not within a reasonable amount of coding work anyway) to make it so the hues literally cannot dye anything except the possessions of the veteran who got the tub - or would unhue if traded, etc. It'd just be a silly thing to spend time trying to do I think. So, likely you'll eventually see these hues on stuff that doesn't belong to the vet who purchased the tub in the first place.

Gaara, they're pretty different but it's difficult to show that without putting together a screenshot of 50 different types of items/mobs dyed with it. :lol: I mean, they're similar in the way that "there are other hues with a bright red cast", but the overall look, especially when animated, is very different than anything we already have. When I created the new patch hues I spent a lot of time making sure they were different than what we already had in terms of the hue palette used to create each hue. Some are similar - there's a sorta olive green already that's used for slimes, but when I made an olive color, I aimed for looking like an actual green olive and so it's more deep and with more yellow/brown than the pre-existing hue. Likely a number of folks will consider the existing hues "good enough" of a match and not want to purchase the tubs, which is completely fine. But I think a fair number will want these hues once they can see them in action :)
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Quite liking burnished gold but black velvet is kinda neat too
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

I like the gold one a lot
Last edited by lestatzero on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

I can see my demon with the black velvet hue :)))