New type of PvP on the shard

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

How do you like this idea?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:02 am

Good idea, it will be a great way for more excitement for some players
28%
I'm not into PvP but that's fine with me
11%
I don't have an opinion
3%
I don't much like the idea but I don't really care
6%
This is a bad idea
52%

Total votes: 87

Undertaker
Legendary Scribe

Re: New type of PvP on the shard

Post by Undertaker »

lmao... of all topics did you really have to throw your 2 cents in?... if you read all 8 pages of this topic you wouldnt reply with ur 2 cents, cuz its really THEE most pointless topic, you should look back when this was first posted and how long its been goin for... the ones that came here becuz this is the only shard that said "No PVP" is the only reason we have over 100 active players running on this server for 3+ years, and we dont like pvp thats why were hear... and for an extra cent, i didnt actully read your post... lol... so END OF DISSCUSSION!!
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

A few of issues here:
Undertaker wrote:lmao... of all topics did you really have to throw your 2 cents in?... if you read all 8 pages of this topic you wouldnt reply with ur 2 cents, cuz its really THEE most pointless topic....
-Since crude and snide replies seem to be in order here.. here's one for ya.. since when did your forum title carry the word "Moderator"? In no way is it your place to dictate, nor criticize people for use of an open thread.
Undertaker wrote:you should look back when this was first posted and how long its been goin for...
-Indeed I have.. it's been open for less than a year.. and it's certainly not "pointless" as you've so disrespectfully put it. That's an offensive assessment. You're not only degrading this topic, but other people's views on it as well.
Undertaker wrote:the ones that came here becuz this is the only shard that said "No PVP"...
-Reaaaally? It advertises "No PvP"? Hmm.. I seem to recall UOGateway stating "balanced".. I also recall that on UO Top 200 it's listed as "No PK", which is short for "player-killing", not PvP. Also, Top 100 lists "PvP Possible". If Excelsior was advertised as "No PvP", that would mean NO dueling amongst players, guild wise or PvP Dungeon wise, would be possible. Also, please keep in mind.. PKing someone is the act of killing another player without consent, an intent to cause harm. PvP is merely a mutual decision to fight. You should really look that up. =)
Undertaker wrote:is the only reason we have over 100 active players running on this server for 3+ years, and we dont like pvp thats why were hear...
-And again, your ridiculous assumptions continue. I seriously doubt that the only reason there are "100 active players running on this server for 3+ years" has to do with a lack of PvP entirely. Especially when you consider the amount of PvP that is entertained in most of the guilds. So again, I plead that you get your facts straight before posting your erroneous assessments on this thread.
Undertaker wrote:and for an extra cent, i didnt actully read your post... lol... so END OF DISSCUSSION!!
-Alright, not only was that completely childish, but probably the most pathetic statement in your entire reply. If you didn't bother to read my post, then what gives you the remote notion that you have the right to criticize or be judgmental about my opinions or views? You sir, need a stern education in common etiquette and maturity.

Furthermore, if you don't want a harsh reply to any of your posts in the future, I suggest you learn how to handle yourself in a mature fashion, without your contentious replies and arrogant remarks. Thank you, and have a nice day! =D
Licos
Elder Scribe

Post by Licos »

Okay, lets see if we can get this under some control here...

On this topic...
This isn't the only thread on the forums regarding the theory of PvP introducing more "fun" and "excitement" to the shard. It has been an off and on topic of what was initially sound arguement on both sides and that quickly turned to hard feelings and just stupidity on some people's parts. Ultimately, i think everyone here who has been playing here understands on some level that the non-pvp/non-pk part of this shard is what attracts a good amount of the attending playerbase, which from my opinion is quite mature and curtious for the most part. I have played on a couple other pvp shards, and played countless games with pvp aspects in them, and they all attract some of the biggest headache players. We all know the type, the slob losers sitting in their mom's basement thinking that their killing new players and looting their corpse makes them king of the world. I'd just totally see a much more aggravated player base, stretched thin staff that currently seems to be stretched thin or taking a break from the game, and a totally changed type of atmosphere here. Even if we advertise for "respectful pvp", thats like ringing the dinner bell.

On another topic, just the general negativity some players have against you...
I don't think it's anything personal, or at least not on my end. But, I personally find it...premature, how someone (who seems knowledgable and nice) just logs into this shard and from day one starts posting on so many commentary/suggestion/and discussion threads on how the shard should run, what should be added, and how things should be. I think I understand your methods for trying to get a name out for yourself, being the guildleader of and up and comming guild, but butting heads with staff and elder players on here isn't exactly an act of self preservation for a player who obviously shows ambition to become a valuable addition to the playerbase. Just something to think about...

Also, Undertaker...while I feel the point you are making bud, maybe it could've been conveyed in a better way. ;) But, I feel ya

-Licos
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

Licos: "Ultimately, i think everyone here who has been playing here understands on some level that the non-pvp/non-pk part of this shard is what attracts a good amount of the attending playerbase, which from my opinion is quite mature and curtious for the most part."

-Aye, I never disputed whether or not the general populus came here for non-PvP related gaming.. I just corrected Undertaker in his assumption that EVERYONE is here for that same reason. Which, he couldn't be farther from the truth.

Licos: "We all know the type, the slob losers sitting in their mom's basement thinking that their killing new players and looting their corpse makes them king of the world."

-Yes.. these people DO exist, but to classify everyone who enjoys some level of PvP as a person of that nature, would be just stereotypical.

Licos: "On another topic, just the general negativity some players have against you..."

-"General negativity"? And just what exactly is that supposed to mean? Outside of a few DEBATES on the forum, I've only had one altercation with another player. Any "negativity" directed toward me, is either entirely fictional, or based simply off of rumor.

Licos: "But, I personally find it...premature, how someone (who seems knowledgable and nice) just logs into this shard and from day one starts posting on so many commentary/suggestion/and discussion threads on how the shard should run, what should be added, and how things should be."

-Firstly, your accusation that I 'started posting from day one', is not only false but rude. I was a member of both this shard and forum for well over a month before I made any form of an opinionated post. I've NEVER said how the shard should be run, haven't even submitted ideas for things to be added, nor instructed anyone of how things should be.

Licos: "I think I understand your methods for trying to get a name out for yourself, being the guildleader of and up and comming guild, but butting heads with staff and elder players on here isn't exactly an act of self preservation for a player who obviously shows ambition to become a valuable addition to the playerbase. Just something to think about..."

-In no way am I trying to get my "name out". I come onto the forums, and when something peaks my interest, I post in the thread, with whatever thoughts/opinions that come to mind. In no way am I going to be told I'm not entitled to my opinion, nor will I tolerate any disrespect of it, or myself, by players, or staff. And just food for thought, for yourself as well, being an elder player doesn't mean you're right about everything you post, nor does it give you the right to be disrespectful to someone who is newer to the shard, regardless of the false pretenses you have of them. If anything, "elder players" should be setting an example.

What it all comes down to, is that there are so many people who cry for maturity; yet so few who are capable of handling an intellectual debate, over any topic. A lot of people look at my posts, and stereotype me, such as you have, Licos, and take everything I type completely out of context.

I've never intentionally disrespected anyone on this server, staff or player. But I will take responsibility for being an outspoken person, and frankly, that's just who I am. I have my opinions, and I tend to share them. But what I am getting rather sick of, is every time I make some sort of opinionated post/reply, there's some "elder player" right there to slap it down, and essentially attempt to instruct ME of how things are, as if they run the place.

Another thing that bugs me, is hypocrisy. You see, my initial post in this thread, was made the SAME day you made a post in this very same thread. How ironic, right? Even better, is your total disdain for the post you replied to. "*Sigh* Read my response above". That to me, and any other level headed player, would take that as disrespect. As well as another insinuation made by you, to imply that your post "above" is just how things are. And all this coming from an "elder" player who took Lord knows how long to make a condemning reply to my post and a condoning one to another, that was clearly rude.

I give credit where its due, as well as verbal lashings. When I see someone disrespecting someone else's post, I make it known that its wrong, and it needs to stop. When someone makes a contentious, intentionally aggravating reply to one of my posts, I will defend myself. When I see someone create an open thread, discussing the right or wrong of a situation, I will try my best to offer advice.

You claim that I seem to be a "nice and knowledgeable" person... why then, do you insist that I'm such a problem?

I've been on Excelsior roughly 6 weeks, and have contributed rather significantly in-game, and forum wise. My guild has already helped quite a few new players along their way.. some who've remained within the guild, others who haven't. I've also helped contribute to the Wiki, thus why I'm a scribe. And you're right, I AM a guildmaster of an "up and coming" guild. If I were such a social nuisance, I certainly wouldn't have this guild, now would I?

When someone such as yourself, makes a post so demeaning to my reputation and nature, it only reminds me of the very reason I quit UO, as well as why others don't bother with "free" shards. For as long as I can remember, "elder" players have been given free reign amongst newer players, simply because staff can't risk losing a "popular" member. It's all too much like high school.

How about this.. maybe this may please you? I simply won't post on this forum. In fact, I may very well cancel my membership. I've only had 2, maybe 3 "run-ins" with "elder players" on this forum, with you obviously being the most recent. I think, quite simply, I've begun to lose interest and faith in this forum. If it's such an issue for me to have an opinion, and so difficult for "elder" members to deal with that, maybe Excelsior isn't the place for me. But as far as you're concerned, Licos? I'm not one to hold a grudge, but your "holier than thou" insinuation has left a rather bitter after-taste in my mouth; one that doesn't go away for a long.. long time.

Good day, Excelsior. Happy travels.
Adin
Elder Scribe

Post by Adin »

Woa, guys ... lets keep it down. And i'm well aware this comes from the wrong person but ... just stop, please. It's pointless.
Rune
Elder Scribe

Post by Rune »

*agrees with the slacker above* :P

besides my arms are getting kinda heavy from slapping the poor horsie *ducks*
Licos
Elder Scribe

Post by Licos »

My most sincere apologies. Quite a cathartic experience we have here...

My friend, I never said you challenged the fact that people came here for the non-pvp, and I agree with the correction. Also, I never said that all pvpers would be like that, It was more of a fail communication on my end. What I should've said was that maybe out of 10 pvp-seekers who would join, there would be 1 total jerk. And, the overall vision I was trying to construct was the fact that people like that are in fact, losers. They could be living in a million-dollar mansion for all I know, I was just playing off an overused stereotype of "loser". Heck, I am currently living with my mother for the time being, I could've been classified under my own description...All that garbage aside, my point SHOULD have been targeting an image of character, but anyway...
On the topic of negativity, I guess I took it mostly from current forum topics and a few overhead chats I've seen just making a bank run (like I've never been talked about negatively...). I never intended on painting the picture that the shard dislikes you, or all the older players, it was just an assessment and a statement with the intentions of informing, not attacking or blacklisting. For that, I apologize again.
Also, you are right about "elder players" not meaning "right players." My point was that they have been here a while, have seen a lot of players come and go, a lot of issues come and go, just had an overall broader social experience here. Elder is a status of time, not rank. The only people above all of us, are the staff.
I can't speak for the other players, but I was just trying to inform...not instruct.
My *sigh* was not a sigh of "ugh...someone other than me is talking", it was a sigh of "ugh...this topic has returned." Just a reaction to the memories of this topic argument’s prime. Who wouldn't have some frustration regarding a topic explored a few times already, then brought back up after having met closure themselves and enjoying its absence? It was nothing toward the player, it was toward the situation. I don't dislike everdead, at all. My pointing out that I posted earlier was simply a redirection to my previous post if he decided to read it. It's not like I started ridiculing him.

You have contributed greatly, and I applaud you and your guild for helping the newer players. I don't think you are a social nuisance.

Don't think I am "holier" than anyone, not at all.

Many many apologies...

-Licos
Adin
Elder Scribe

Post by Adin »

Respect to the Licos. ^^
Llexa
Legendary Scribe

Post by Llexa »

I 100% agree with Licos. I've been playing on Excelsior almost since the day it started. I have seen mannnny things and people come and go, many topics of discussion,etc, so shard knowledge and wisdom come along with dedication. And of course, experience, time invested, relationships built, closeness created, all over long periods of time. It doesn't many anyone is holier then anyone, agreed.

It's kinda like an internship. You might be working around people who have the same degree of knowledge and skill you have, who might have even graduated from the same school, however, b/c you are an intern, there are certain lines that are drawn, based on working experience or rather, field experience and experience with the specific company. So if Johnny had some great ideas for how the company could be changed and how a boss should have handled a rumored disciplinary action, he doesn't have the tenure to get into those conversations without coming across as something that, most likely he isn't.

Oh and a sentence on PvP: We have a dungeon for that which is very big with individual dueling rooms even. (We already have some issues from time to time with newer players taunting others to go there via global chat.) We also have had a tournament event, gladiator style. It's enough for a non-free range PvP shard.

Undertaker: *smack* you flamboyant lil monkey, lol. I know what you are saying but, get the chili powder out of your eyes before you start posting :P
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

Licos:

In regards to your post... I'm only going to address a couple things. Firstly, as far as what you may or may not have heard about me, that only goes to prove that the statement that Excelsior is a "family shard" is a bit premature. That is indeed what Colibri has apparently set it out to be, but it couldn't be farther from the truth. I've been here over a month, and despite how much some of you try to belittle that time, that doesn't mean I don't notice things. There is drama on every shard, and no matter what you try, it is impossible to please everyone. I've had a recent altercation with former guild members, who didn't like the way the guild was run, and they decided to create rumors in spite of me, which is completely immature. So as far as the "negativity", again, it's all garbage.

The really interesting thing is.. despite how much you stress that "elder players" are people who've been here longer.. the one thing you are failing to grasp, is despite me being here only 38 days or so now.. I have THIRTY days of play time.. meaning, out of the last 912 hours since I created my account, I've spent 720 hours actively playing. Granted that sounds "nerdish" and "loser-ish", but once again, that's the stereotypes you deal with on shards; never mind the fact I'm currently laid off for winter, I'm just labeled a kid with a big mouth. I'm willing to bet I spend a lot more time on this server than HALF the "elder players" currently. So before assuming my tenure is inadequate, maybe you should check with me on my active play time. Granted it's dropped off the last few days, but again.. look at the nature of this thread; precisely why my log-ins have been fewer and fewer.

Last thing... you made comments regarding your reply I spoke of. See, my real issue isn't the fact you replied, it's more that you replied then made statements in your most recent posts that I was in the wrong for posting here. Hypocritical.. period.

Llexa:

I might as well address your post as well, considering how every controversial thread I've posted in, you've been right there to ridicule my post. I certainly don't want to leave you out, it might offend you. =)

"Shard knowledge" comes with time invested, indeed. "Shard wisdom", not necessarily. This isn't my first shard, but certainly IS one of the few I've been merely a player. I can list a few shards I've administrated over the years, that have been quit popular. So when I offer suggestions, thoughts, advice, or even opinions.. it's not because I "don't know my place", its more because I've BEEN there.. DONE that. So please, do not attempt to bas your presumptions of me off of the little bit you know of me here on Excelsior.

The internship metaphor, is completely out of place. Internships revolve around JOBS.. this server, is not a JOB. Of course there are "lines drawn" with internships. But this is a GAME.. Longevity and ego doesn't make you any more valuable than me, we're all equal. Despite your sly attempts at masking things, I see where you're going with this. It doesn't matter if I've been here 2 days or 2 years.. I've have just as much right to offer feedback to changes, that in MY mind, could benefit the server. And as far as "rumored disciplinary action", if you read over the thread that you speak of, it wasn't a rumor. My issue wasn't how the OP's friend was detained, it was that when I tried to offer suggestions, I was disrespected in a way, that was completely unprofessional and unbecoming of both players and staff. The matter is settled now, and you trying to stir up ashes, just won't do. And fyi? You're essentially insinuating that because you've been here longer, that would give you the right to offer your advice to the OP, and not myself? Reaaally? I think you're the only one confused with who you REALLY are.. someone who doesn't bear a staff title.

Also, what exactly was the point of describing the PvP dungeon? I know what it is.. I was pointing out that PvP is PvP.. doesn't matter how little or how much there is.. it's all the same. The shard is PvP REGULATED.. not "non-PvP".

Lastly.. I love the way in which, despite the rudeness and contentiousness Undertaker replied to one of my recent posts, he is essentially "slapped on the wrist". It's as I pointed out above.. favoritism. Despite an "elder players" actions, he should be held just as accountable as someone such as me, for a total lack of respect to another poster.

It's simply this.. the last few days, between the drama with a few players in-game, (who shall remain nameless), and the complete and utter disdain for my very presence on this forum.. all of this is going to decrease my activeness exceedingly.. much more and I seriously doubt I'll log in past that point. If every opinionated player much like myself, is handled the way I've been disrespected, it's no wonder you've seen "maaaannnny" players come and go.
Craig
Expert Scribe

Post by Craig »

Okay,

"I think you're the only one confused with who you REALLY are.. someone who doesn't bear a staff title." This also apples to you, Orbit Storm. Also This topic is dead. There will be NO pvp here in the traditional seance. Case closed go home. And I suggest not making posts like that again... Perhaps you should get to know the shard and its players more then just a meager month before interject yourself into the hottest issues.

Also that internship metaphor is actually quite accurate. In no way dose a member of a group that just joined said group have the right to interject themselves. You may be given that right but you can not take it. Study anthropology, and sociology. Respect is earned not God given.
Undertaker
Legendary Scribe

Post by Undertaker »

well, just wanted to stop by befor i took off to my 2nd job... i had a nice post befor i hit the refresh button... *slams head on desk* ..... basically goin off my last post... i was tired an not in a great mood and wanted to be straight honest and when i saw this thread, i did exactly as what licos stated *sigh* .... and of course i replied in a rude mannor, which i offer my sincere apology to you...

im just gonna make this short... when the Coordinating Admin aka +Colibri says "this is a dead topic and it will be pointless to continue talking about it", it should have been locked there, bbbuuttttt 4-5 pages of non-sense bickering went on... an i would like to say one thing to you... You Need to Stop with the massively Offensive posting, it just looks as if you take EVERYTHING in offense... you have a way of posting that i find extremely offensive, out of 912 hours, you actively played 720?! thats 5 weeks straight no sleeping, no wonder your digging up the wrong hole man... this is a dead topic for a reason, if you knew that why did you post? this is also a horrible topic and i wish Staff would LOCK this THREAD (please? =]) ...

You are Welcome to post new topics, stories, or current topics heck post a thread "Can You Guess This Drawing?" make a game... your posting on these old threads that the vets here already been thru over an over, an it was a nightmare of bickering back and forth back and forth...

you also mentioned you got layed off for the winter, is that why your causing so much chaos? taking everyones postings and replying sentence by sentence and from the way you type it seems as if your just really offended by it... we can understand if thats the deal, i mean, my wife lost a dearly loved brother 5 n half months ago and its still rough, he was only 21... but thats ALOT of hours to be actively playing... in a short amount of time... you need a hobbie or something, you cant be spending so much time on uoex and be posting stuff like this, and this isnt debating either... this is flat out offensive, and that i am..

so, the only ashes being stirred up here is you replying (and getting angry about it), theres no need to reply with 4 page long post and take everything word i just said into a paragraph... and this is my last post, have a beautiful day and hope you take some of my advise on the posting (not old dead topics) an do something more happy and possibly shorter posts lol

and one last thing: I Apologise to anyone and everyone if they found this post rude, i didnt mean it to be like that, and i do apologise for my last comment as well... Thank You
Llexa
Legendary Scribe

Post by Llexa »

Whoa, now wait jusssst a minute.

Contrary to your opinion, I'm not following you around in posts to "ridicule you". Licos is my guildmate, and this subject has been up for a long time. If you feel that your opinion is warranted, then mine most definitely is as well. I could go into a paragraph on hypocrisy at this point, but I won't because I am not here for that.

I'm not presuming anything. You are a newer player here, there is no presumption in that, it's factual. You are new to Excelsior, not new to UO.
Me: "You might be working around people who have the same degree of knowledge and skill you have" - UO Experience
Me: "experience with the specific company" - Excelsior Experience

I never said you werent allowed to get into conversations. I said:
Me: "(Johnny) doesn't have the tenure to get into those conversations ---without coming across as something that, >>>most likely he isn't.<<<---"

As for the disciplinary situation, I dont think you were disrespected. I think a staff member stepped in to cease the conversation. I am not "stirring up ashes," it was simply part of the perception analogy, since that was part of the situation I was responding to.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "What is the point in describing the PvP dungeon?" as this is a topic about PvP, and the statement was not directed to you, but it's certainly topical.

You: "and the complete and utter disdain for my very presence on this forum.. " I don't know where you are getting this exactly. Really, people have been quite calm here (with one exception), but every time someone posts something, you come out swinging. And wow, even when people are humbling themselves to apologize......You can take the ego card off the elder table, thank you.

edit: and on a human to human note, not sure of your lay off situation but, I hope all works out.
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

~Craig -
Indeed, I am not staff, nor do I honestly have the desire to be, right now. And I'm quite confident that I know Excelsior, and quite a few of its players, most of whom, I'm proud to say, I've become friends with. And you are wrong, in saying that just because I've been here a month, I'm not entitled to an opinion/thought revolving around important issues. If that were the case, I could say you weren't here for the start of this debate, so don't "interject". Respect isn't a "God given gift", correct, but in order to GET the respect some of you REQUIRE (not request), you need to give it. I only give respect, where its due.

~Undertaker -
Apology accepted, in regards to the post that set me off. I'm really easy to get along with, but disrespect, or arrogance will peeve me off and spark a rather vicious backlash. Yes, the thread SHOULD have been locked.. this is the 2nd thread I've been ripped about posting in, and sadly.. its a thread that wasn't locked, nor was I the only one who posted, but I seem to be the only one made an example of. And I honestly didn't take the time to read all 9 pages, as I've seen the same grumbling in another thread. I saw the Licos' reply, then read the OP, and replied. As far as offensive posting, well, if you can't take it, don't dish it out.. simple. =)
Don't take this as "offensive", but my well-being regarding my lay-off is not the subject of importance here, nor will it be. My personal life is not up for discussion. But to answer your question.. no, that has nothing to do with it. It's Winter, work is slow.
Also, please don't scrutinize my hours invested into this game. Instead of telling me to "find a hobby" maybe you should thank me for being a rather outstanding member.. The hours I've put into this shard should be complimented, not criticized. My OP wasn't offensive in any manner, but the judgmental replies I received were, at which point I defended myself. Naturally, I will reply to any post directed at me. That's just my style. If you don't like that, then don't reply to my posts.

~Llexa -
Aye, your opinion is just as welcome. But your replies have been more.. disparaging than anything. Despite being "new" to Excelsior, I've spent enough time online to be able to say that I know the shard, and its players, quite well. Just because one doesn't engage in public chat on a constant basis, just to be heard, doesn't mean I don't watch.
Staff locking the thread wasn't disrespect, but all of my posts were misconceived and frowned upon.. But once again, in that thread as in this one, I was the only one singled out and reprimanded. To me, that's discriminatory.
You're remark regarding the PvP dungeon may have been "topical", but maybe you should have stated it wasn't directed at me, or it was off-topic from your ill-conceived post, which was directed firmly at me.
As I stated above, MULTIPLE times, respect (from me) is given on a case-by-case basis.. YOU get, what YOU give. Sarcasm and arrogance isn't easily masked by most, thus my defensiveness in my posts, as I'm able to pick it out. I don't appreciate being ridiculed for the very same actions others commit before me.. most, only moments before.
I think the real issue is, that some, not all, feel threatened by me in some... peculiar way. I've come into this shard, with double the average play time of some vets, started a guild that boasts more DAILY active players than nearly all (if not all) of the guilds, and have made quite a few friends, all the while being this "new guy" that some people look down upon for being opinionated, and unafraid to share his views.

Just because I'm new here, doesn't mean I don't deserve any respect. Licos, I wish this conversation hadn't happened. I don't have many regrets, and this won't be one of them, but I do wish you would have taken the time to truly read what I was saying, and not be so rash in your reply. My whole issue with all of this was, I tried to express my views of the topic, and was immediately stereotyped into the "loser" category. No, no one openly admitted that, but everyone automatically assumed I was all for PvP and started bashing me. Had I consistently insulted PvP and the people who love it, I'm sure I would have gotten kinder responses. However, I'm neither for, nor against PvP. I enjoy the rigors of it, but despise PKers. There was no need for anyone to chastise me or my posts in a hateful manner. And maybe it wasn't so much "ego", but there was certainly something raunchy in the air.. something that reeked of "my toon is older, thus I'm better than you".. it's a foul odor, and distasteful. I've come here to have fun, enjoy the wonders of UO again, without the hassle and drama of most shards, but sadly.. I've come to find that only lack of PvP, different staff, different rules and a semi-different player base is the only thing that separates Excelsior from the rest.. It's like saying maroon isn't a red.. >.<
I love it here, but don't enjoy being treated poorly all because some people decide to follow their ill-conceived misconceptions about me, rather than give me a chance to discuss things, with everyone else. My intention was never foul play, but apparently, most would like to make it look that way.
With every post, I find it harder and harder to log-in. Maybe this, bitter aftertaste will disappear, or maybe it won't. Only time will tell, Excelsior..
Llexa
Legendary Scribe

Post by Llexa »

lol, all I can say is, wow. That attitude right there is why you feel "disdain" coming your way. Good luck out there. I really have nothing to say as you have dug yourself a pretty big hole filled to the rim with arrogance. You can deflate your chest now b/c no one is looking. *Shakes head and walks away*