Champion spawn participation reinvented

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

Do you support this change

Poll ended at Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Yes, with the optional part
37%
Yes, but not the optional part
15%
No, leave it as it is.
48%

Total votes: 71

Roach
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Champion spawn participation reinvented

Post by Roach »

Im sorry, woudnt this just Encourage camping champion spawns?! First lvl = bigger chance of powerscrolls + gold.. = camp mania.

Also, hence im a tamer with a slow ass BIO.. when people announce a champ over chat (blabla 2 skulls already) than ill just think screw this, in the time i get there they will have 5+ skulls and i wont get shit.

Everybody should get a PS en not 1 superman 3pses..
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

I love the idea and think it will have a positive impact on the power scroll market. I like the pet idea alot, but I also think that there should be some restrictions on players casting trees as well.

[quote="Roach"]Im sorry, woudnt this just Encourage camping champion spawns?! First lvl = bigger chance of powerscrolls + gold.. = camp mania.

ass BIO
shit. [/quote]

Why camp one spot when only one random champ on the server activates?
Also.. Whats with the tantrum cursing? This is a family shard and 9 year old's play here. They also read the forums. This is why I -never- encourage kids to play here. Even though it's PG, some people still just don't know any better.
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

Roach

run to champ. dclick pet summoning ball that's link to bio. :)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

On the issue of limiting pets to one... i see this is the biggest source of "omg they're going to ruin the game".

That's just because, we may expect more people at a champ. As it is already, if there's 3 people at a champion spawn, and two players bring out a pack of imprisoned pets when the champ comes out, the third doesn't have a chance to harm the champ.

I figure there can be no limit on the pets. But the champs can have lots more hitpoints, depending on how many people are at the champ, so that everyone gets a chance to hit the champ and be eligible for a scroll.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Amberly
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Amberly »

[quote="Agony"]This is a family shard and 9 year old's play here. They also read the forums. This is why I -never- encourage kids to play here. Even though it's PG, some people still just don't know any better.[/quote]
Exactly, thank you. My 9 yr old niece likes to watch me play or try playing with my character at times, I had to stop due to people lacking ANY consideration for the rules. Maybe one day when the adults can act as such, my niece will be able to play.

[quote="Roach"] im a tamer with a slow BIO[/quote]
Summoning ball, you link it to your bio and then your as fast as anyone else on this shard. Once your at the champ you summon it to you. When that one is done you run to the next spawn, same thing. So Bios being slow hasnt been a problem, people do champs all the time with them.

[quote="+Colibri"]I figure there can be no limit on the pets. But the champs can have lots more hitpoints, depending on how many people are at the champ, so that everyone gets a chance to hit the champ and be eligible for a scroll.[/quote]

This seems to be the right move. Beefing up the champ according to the amount of people will be sufficient enough. If pets are still a problem somehow well then its time for players to grow some care for their fellow players. Attacking a champ boss first DOES NOT get you a better scroll/chance for the runic tool at MOA. I kill the spawn and tend to be one of the last to attack the boss and have gotten plenty of runic tools/good scrolls. Obviously first doesnt mean a thing when attacking the boss.
Axhandle
Passer by

Post by Axhandle »

The replies here have been greatly among several lines.

Old timers and the well established. IE we earned what we got and do not want to be penilized have our things taken away. Absolutly you have played by the rules as were did what you could to get what you got, more power to you please continue but what some forget is if you do not bring others behind you you will cut this tree you sit atop at the roots and kill it.

raiders and runners (this is where i would say i am) I a place where the top 20% can go and do what ever when ever with no problems and i am not one of them I have to live on their fringe hide in their trees and if i had not started this weeks ago i would not be here I am not sinking hundreds of dollars in a free shard game (that strikes me as not free) I know power can come to those who do what they can over time, i talk to them ferquently and until I can get there I will run the fringesupprting more and more along the way.

The silent Majority, the Dont Know - those who are here and gone
I see between 5 and 10 new player mentions a day even if only 2 of those are real new people why has the population of the shard on line increased 60 new people a month yet for 2 months a constant 200 - 225 peak i see 40-60 talking in chat regularly so why no growth. THAT is your question to answer +Colilbri, Tell the whiners if they dont like the way things are to lump it this IS a free shard, if it not let me know, because if those who donate get to bitch and get their changes. I will fade away with the majority of players who peek in and figure they can not compete. The silence of those who dont know where to go what to do or even why they should is deafening.

My challenge to you is fix that problem and leave the rest alone.
Axhandle
Passer by

Post by Axhandle »

removed due to repost
Last edited by Axhandle on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XI PIB XI
Master Scribe

Post by XI PIB XI »

I like yes
Roach
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Roach »

I dont understand ? nothing i said was real shocking or cursing.. you gotta stop overreacting and beeing so protective. waht else you gonna do ? deny them to watch tv ? much worse on there.. better lock them up in a room so they never hear any bad words or see something negative!

o.t.. Remove the need to vote also, i now see no need for it and with the new system i see it neither. Only better to have more people. (on old system everybody get PS so why not let people join and on new system people who got there first have a change on more PSes)
Trygg
Master Scribe

Post by Trygg »

I will support this change purposed by +Colibri. Love the Option add-on too. :)
Kenekeo
Adept Scribe

Post by Kenekeo »

my two cents and more...

Change is good. go for it.

With the changes, can the staff do a study on the # of players who do champs pre-change and post-change. Im interested to see if the numbers of players particapaing in champs change at all. I have some theories (kind of relating to Snapon comments).

If changes are being made, what will happen to champs like Bloodclan, Doc Apoc, Oaks and Harrower?
--Bloodclan - I like that champ. so easily over looked by most ppl due to the inconvienence factor (no gold split, no PS, and all loot is on corpse). Was it moved or taken out. Will this champ be in the cycle of champs to be factored in with the number of players online? I hope so.

--Doc Apoc - another great champ over looked by many ppl due to inconvienence. Will this champ be cycled in as well? I hope so. I doubt many ppl will make any attempt at it since its so far out of their way for it.

--Oaks - my favorite champ due to the negative krama. I like it because you can't cast Druid spells and except to own all on it. To me, by far the hardest champs due to the Ethereal's drains. Same question will this be cycled in at all? If so, your skull fragment idea might be a good and bad idea (bad due, to the re-selling of skull fragments. Good, because its worth a try).

--Harrower - Could you also set up for automatic gold split for this one as well. (personally, it can be some work gathering up all the gold to be divided up for ppl, lol).

Again, Im pro-changes. Will we see some random champs in Felucca lost lands as well popping up? If so, please open Felucca Ice dungeon :).
All Mighty
Apprentice Scribe

Post by All Mighty »

well heres the end of it all as i see it. tamers will need there pets or spend more ED trying to get one of there stats up which will require them getting a +stat scroll as well. you take my pets out of the game and you have cost me way more then i want to do the math on. but i would say that rune beetles and Cus would make a hugh come back in the game.

so much for champs at night sorry to say but i have played around the clock more then a few days and i have to say that the US is a majority of the player base in the game. there for you might get a few champs out of the like 14 or what ever there are but the best time to play would be based on US play times so that there should be a large amount of them all at the same time.

i think that if they do this at all any part of it will drive ppl away because noobs wont get crap and vets will still jack the price more.

make the mods harder to kill is a good idea every one gets a PS make the vote the last 2 red skulls
ticketguru
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by ticketguru »

I want to make just a few more comments. I think the changes listed here would not make much of an impact except SLIGHTLY in a positive way. I really like the idea of eliminating the voting, but not allowing anyone new after say the last red skull and then doing the loot division gold/ps/etc based on how long you were at the champ. I will make one minor suggestion when divvying out the ps; if a char get one ps, his chance to get a second (or third, etc) should decrease with each ps that he gets. Using +C original post as example: the first char had a 48% to get the first ps, but once he gets one ps, his chance to get a second might decrease to 43%. This way if one char starts the champ and a second only gets there at 10 red skulls, the second char chance to get at least one ps would increase quite a bit.

I've been playing here on UOEX for well over 2 years, and while I am certainly NOT a top player like Anarchy, I can hold my own against most mobs, at least for a while. I no longer pull out my pets at a champ because its too much of a hassle, except when I solo or am doing Kronos, and I can certainly get in there and do enough damage HtH to get a ps most of the time as long as I notice the champ has popped and can actually target the champ under pile of nobles and imps.

[quote="All Mighty"]well heres the end of it all as i see it. tamers will need there pets or spend more ED trying to get one of there stats up which will require them getting a +stat scroll as well. you take my pets out of the game and you have cost me way more then i want to do the math on. but i would say that rune beetles and Cus would make a hugh come back in the game. [/quote]

Actually, in terms of the champ alone, one maxxed (or even nearly maxxed) pet will inflict MORE than enough damage on the champ to get you your ps. My daughter just started a few weeks ago and all she uses at a champ is one 3/4 maxxed cu and she can do enough damage easily to get a scroll. The reason to limit the number of pets that can attack the champ at once is so that it will stay around a little longer to allow everyone to have a chance to target it, with a pet or otherwise. Right now just about all the champs last less than minute, sometimes even half that. Limiting you to just one pet to attack the champ would only mean the champ stays alive for maybe 2 minutes, but you will still get your scroll from that damage the one can do. You would not be limited to just one pet for the whole spawn, only for the champ alone.

I will say the All Mighty and a couple others are correct. The 2 and 3 slots pets might make a comeback, which I have wanted to see for quite a while.
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

i think that would be the best fix; 2 red candles before the champ comes out voting comes out, and increase the hps of the champ.

but... i like the idea of 1 pet because then it makes some of the 3 slot pets worth more. :)

ah well it's +Colibri's house so it's his rules :)
XI PIB XI
Master Scribe

Post by XI PIB XI »

My 3/4 brain cell have been working hard on this subject the last few days and they came up with this lol.....On Regular UO you get in a guild or a group and you go to a spawn and if you meet people there that arnt with you you have 2 options join in with them or destroy them and loot them..(i like looting them if i played it) But, I would like to see a new town/world thingingy on tele where you could do that cuase i no not alot of people on here like pvp but some do...cough anarchy cough..and it would be a good idea to do it cause itd be cool to attack someone you dont want at a champion spawn. but when the champion spawn is dow you could pvp there as well good bad?